PDA

View Full Version : Yami Yugi (Yugioh) versus Blank (No Game No Life)

AncienRegime
06-11-2014, 06:31 PM
Yami Yugi, the "King of Games" goes against Sora and Shiro of Blank in a series of 5 games.

Game 1: A game of Duel Monsters with standard rules. Yugi gets his standard deck as of the end of series, including Egyptian Gods. Blank plays with a premade Starter Deck chosen at random.
Game 2: A game of chess.
Game 3: A game of Go.
Game 4: Yugi picks the game, however it cannot be Duel Monsters.
Game 5: Blank picks the game.

Furthermore, Yugi must go first against Shiro, then against Sora, then Blank working collaboratively.

For this battle this is Anime Yugi but if it's a stomp then we can use Manga Yugi.

Guy1
06-11-2014, 06:37 PM
Game 4: Yugi picks the game, however it cannot be Yugioh.

Dungeon Dice Monsters. :p

master of read
06-11-2014, 07:11 PM
you gave blank a starter deck. that's like saying you want blank to lose.

AncienRegime
06-11-2014, 07:24 PM
you gave blank a starter deck. that's like saying you want blank to lose.

meant to say structure deck

also yugi's deck is pretty bad actually, he just has the heart of the cards

master of read
06-11-2014, 07:31 PM
meant to say structure deck

also yugi's deck is pretty bad actually, he just has the heart of the cards

see my previous statement.

and since this is end of the series yami, he's not winning with a structure deck.

Siriel
06-11-2014, 11:08 PM
also yugi's deck is pretty bad actually

Yugi's deck is only bad if for some reason you apply real life rules and cards rather than the actual rules he plays the deck with.

Otherwise it's pretty decent, if nothing compared to Kaiba's absurd "You have no deck after I play these two cards" or Bakura's "And you can't do anything, ever" decks.

Game 1: A game of Duel Monsters with standard rules. Yugi gets his standard deck as of the end of series, including Egyptian Gods. Blank plays with a premade Starter Deck chosen at random.

None of those decks - at least none I can recall - have anything that can deal with the god cards he's running, and there's really nothing they can do to swing the match in their favor once he plays one of them (which he will).

master of read
06-12-2014, 03:49 AM
Yugi's deck is only bad if for some reason you apply real life rules and cards rather than the actual rules he plays the deck with.

Otherwise it's pretty decent, if nothing compared to Kaiba's absurd "You have no deck after I play these two cards" or Bakura's "And you can't do anything, ever" decks.

None of those decks - at least none I can recall - have anything that can deal with the god cards he's running, and there's really nothing they can do to swing the match in their favor once he plays one of them (which he will).

maybe one of the later decks could work since they use deck archetypes and duel styles that are foreign to yami but the problem with structure decks is that on average, they had between 5 to 10 cards that were actually good. the rest of them were damn useless. not something you want to use against someone who's deck allows him to summon all 3 god cards and still works in the event all three get beaten.

Siriel
06-12-2014, 11:40 AM
maybe one of the later decks could work since they use deck archetypes and duel styles that are foreign to yami but the problem with structure decks is that on average, they had between 5 to 10 cards that were actually good. the rest of them were damn useless. not something you want to use against someone who's deck allows him to summon all 3 god cards and still works in the event all three get beaten.

As far as I can remember, there's literally not a single card in one of those decks that would affect the versions of the god cards that are in Yugi's deck.

master of read
06-12-2014, 12:52 PM
As far as I can remember, there's literally not a single card in one of those decks that would affect the versions of the god cards that are in Yugi's deck.

i said maybe. most structures decks only have like 4-5 cards that are really good and another 5 that are ok. the problem is they only include one of each in the deck. the new cyber dragon deck gave a lot to the archetype, enough that cybers are making a major comeback and with the right build and cards, i could see them taking down obelisk, maybe slifer, but not ra.