PDA

View Full Version : Titans vs Earth

Farealmer
06-12-2014, 09:37 AM
Titans similar to those from Attack on Titan appear on Earth. They seek not to eat people but kill as many people as possible(Bloodlust on them all). They suddenly appear all over the world at a ratio of 1 titan to every 10,000 humans. They are of the Colossus size with the following additional abilities.

They possess human level intelligence.
They can fire a bolt of lightning from their index fingers which is as powerful and fast as a high end lightning strike.
They can walk on water.

Can modern Earth defeat them?

Captain Smith
06-12-2014, 01:52 PM
They eat everyone but Texas. Only place they are defeated. haha.

This is stomp for the Titans - boring.

Farealmer
06-12-2014, 02:35 PM
Guess i'am a bit rusty. Though rumbles were never my strong suit. Still I thought modern military tech could close the gap.

Postmania
06-12-2014, 03:16 PM
They can emit a blast as powerful as a MOAB from their bodies(this does not harm them) once an hour.

This is kind of the dealbreaker.

Farealmer
06-12-2014, 03:45 PM
This is kind of the dealbreaker.
What if they had to wait an hour after they first appeared so they couldn't insta nuke any military bases they appeared at?

Blackid
06-13-2014, 06:55 AM
What if they had to wait an hour after they first appeared so they couldn't insta nuke any military bases they appeared at?

What's wrong with just having 1 titan for every 1000 individuals and see if we can even handle that? Has that been discussed already and you needed to amp them up a bit?

just curious.

Farealmer
06-13-2014, 07:17 AM
What's wrong with just having 1 titan for every 1000 individuals and see if we can even handle that? Has that been discussed already and you needed to amp them up a bit?

just curious.
I can't comment to what was discussed before because I don't think those threads even exist anymore.

But just putting vanilla titans would be pointless IMO because modern aircraft and artillery would obliterate them.

Endless_Legend
06-13-2014, 08:36 AM
That's alot of frickin' Titans. 7 billion people on Earth = 7 million Titans.

I dunno man, that plus all those extra powers you gave them sounds like an intentional curbstomp to me. I think that the major military nations literally don't have enough ammunition stockpiled to kill that many. Really. 7 million flying invisible titans than can shoot lightning? Come on.

Farealmer
06-13-2014, 08:44 AM
That's alot of frickin' Titans. 7 billion people on Earth = 7 million Titans.

I dunno man, that plus all those extra powers you gave them sounds like an intentional curbstomp to me. I think that the major military nations literally don't have enough ammunition stockpiled to kill that many. Really. 7 million flying invisible titans than can shoot lightning? Come on.
Yeah I was thinking the invisibility may be a bit much. I only put the lightning and flying in because titans lack both any range attacks and have fairly poor mobility compared to modern stuff. And that's the only counter for modern ships, subs, and drones/jets. Modern world is kinda OP, so I overcompensated a bit. OK i'll edit and see if they helps any.

Endless_Legend
06-13-2014, 08:51 AM
After the edits, you're still talking about 700,000 Titans.

Maybe a combination of massed air strikes and nuking large groups of them. I think, if faced with extinction, we'd take our chances with Nukes and screwing our environment for the next couple of decades.

Although if they came across a carrier battlegroup in the middle of the ocean they might get ripped up too, as all those metal hulls are grounded into the water. Ammo would still be a problem, every ship's gun stations in the fleet might run dry before they finish killing them all if there is a large enough group. Likewise with an armored task-force.

Q-Power
06-20-2014, 09:58 AM
NATO at the end beats them. I mean come on, if all the Nato alliance attacks the Titans from -Attack On Titans- then Titans would be blown to pieces I mean look at all the nuclear weapons and heavy artillery NATO has. The firepower will destroy them all.

Captain Smith
06-20-2014, 02:39 PM
Nato has been getting rid of firepower. The Netherlands sold all its tanks and the number of fighter planes has shruken. Full power NATO during the cold war might. Now, we lose.

Endless_Legend
06-20-2014, 11:41 PM
Nato has been getting rid of firepower. The Netherlands sold all its tanks and the number of fighter planes has shruken. Full power NATO during the cold war might. Now, we lose.

Way to forget the lessons of history, Netherlands. You don't get rid of your tanks. Just don't do it.

Q-Power
06-20-2014, 11:59 PM

Im talking about all of NATO. The US leads in firepower and then you get other countries aswell like Britain, France, Germany, Japan, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Turkey etc. aswell. 700,000 Titans vs atleast 10s of Millions of active troops plus rserves. So no Titans loses.

Endless_Legend
06-21-2014, 02:31 AM
Vehicles and heavy firepower matter more than troops in this, though. I suppose you could kill a Titan with massed infantry fire, but that's stupid and wasteful of men. Tons of them would die in every attempt.

No modern war uses human-wave attacks, only third-world crapholes who don't know anything about waging war do. So, it's still a matter of a nation's Air/Sea/Armored power vs the Titans.

Q-Power
06-21-2014, 04:13 AM
Vehicles and heavy firepower matter more than troops in this, though. I suppose you could kill a Titan with massed infantry fire, but that's stupid and wasteful of men. Tons of them would die in every attempt.

No modern war uses human-wave attacks, only third-world crapholes who don't know anything about waging war do. So, it's still a matter of a nation's Air/Sea/Armored power vs the Titans.

So yeah, Earth wins. Nato has enough fire powers to beat the titans but the problems is the psychological trauma it will have on the humans because seeing the titans eats and devour living beings can be disturbing and frightening. Then the Jaegers comes in hahaha

Daenarys Stormborn
06-21-2014, 04:22 AM
I'm not sure the walking on water part helps too much. I'd say if any Titan takes to the open sea, it's a call for Earth's forces to unleash fire-power they'd otherwise not want to in a city. That's only for really large bodies of water though.

Human level intelligence varies, but I'm guessing you just mean average. That obviously helps a lot for organizing and maybe hiding. However, I'd say having our intelligence also means they'd have our fear of death. Being a human has a lot of handicaps when it comes to your mentality in combat. Several titans would probably surrender and help us. I mean, I seem to remember that Titans don't actually hunger for humans in their form and sort of just target us for no reason. so a titan smart enough could just forgo that random urge and think of its future.

The lighting thing is pretty broken without any elaboration or limits...I'd say that clinches things for the Titans against anything sort of humanity deciding to sacrifice massiveeeeeeeeeeeee swathes of the population. Even then it's possible we'd be done if some titans spotted bombs and such as they are dropped.

Still, even if everything goes the Titans way I'd bak on humanity.

Postmania
06-21-2014, 03:28 PM
Human level intelligence varies, but I'm guessing you just mean average. That obviously helps a lot for organizing and maybe hiding. However, I'd say having our intelligence also means they'd have our fear of death. Being a human has a lot of handicaps when it comes to your mentality in combat. Several titans would probably surrender and help us. I mean, I seem to remember that Titans don't actually hunger for humans in their form and sort of just target us for no reason. so a titan smart enough could just forgo that random urge and think of its future.

You assume that intelligence equals sapience. Not necessarily true. And the OP states bloodlust, which means they will give lives and not give a damn about death.

The lighting thing is pretty broken without any elaboration or limits...I'd say that clinches things for the Titans against anything sort of humanity deciding to sacrifice massiveeeeeeeeeeeee swathes of the population. Even then it's possible we'd be done if some titans spotted bombs and such as they are dropped.

We can and do build lightning proof planes and such though. It's possible we can do it with airpower if we start designing quick.

Human level intelligence is a gamebreaker though. If they somehow industrialized....

Sasuke Uchiha
06-21-2014, 03:48 PM
We need Jet packs and super powerful dual chainsaws.

master of read
06-21-2014, 04:00 PM
They eat everyone but Texas. Only place they are defeated. haha.

This is stomp for the Titans - boring.

pretty true. we only need like 10 guys and some pick-up trucks and we are good.

Endless_Legend
06-21-2014, 11:22 PM
Human level intelligence is a gamebreaker though. If they somehow industrialized....

They couldn't though. They'd starve to death first. The food product of the entire planet is not enough to sustain 700,000 titans.

They basically have the same long-term survival weakness as Neanderthals, but multiplied times a thousand. Well, assuming they have realistic nutrition needs for a creature of that size. I dunno, I haven't watched the show. But if they do, they have no endgame, all they can hope to do is try to win this scenario (which, given modern firepower, and nukes, which would eventually be used if things got dire enough) that doesn't seem likely. But as far as long-term survival... they're dead, barring a mass die-off where they kill 99.9% of their own numbers after a victory, so that the remaining small fraction could actually have enough to eat to sustain itself.

The Drunkard Kid
06-22-2014, 07:40 AM
They couldn't though. They'd starve to death first. The food product of the entire planet is not enough to sustain 700,000 titans.

They basically have the same long-term survival weakness as Neanderthals, but multiplied times a thousand. Well, assuming they have realistic nutrition needs for a creature of that size. I dunno, I haven't watched the show. But if they do, they have no endgame, all they can hope to do is try to win this scenario (which, given modern firepower, and nukes, which would eventually be used if things got dire enough) that doesn't seem likely. But as far as long-term survival... they're dead, barring a mass die-off where they kill 99.9% of their own numbers after a victory, so that the remaining small fraction could actually have enough to eat to sustain itself.

We haven't yet found out why, but Titans don't actually need to eat. They don't gain any nourishment from it, since they don't even have a full digestive tract. Given the opportunity, they just east humans (and usually only humans) until they run out of space, then puke up the remains to start all over again.

I think that there is some indication that they may be solar powered to a degree.

Guy1
06-22-2014, 10:34 AM
As long as the Titan Shifters get bombed into oblivion, I'm happy.
With the exception of Eren, those things are traitors to their own kind.

Sasuke Uchiha
06-22-2014, 11:41 AM
As long as the Titan Shifters get bombed into oblivion, I'm happy.
With the exception of Eren, those things are traitors to their own kind.

You know they have their own village and are doing this for a reason right?

Postmania
06-22-2014, 12:33 PM

No. They don't need to eat.

Endless_Legend
06-22-2014, 04:22 PM
We haven't yet found out why, but Titans don't actually need to eat. They don't gain any nourishment from it, since they don't even have a full digestive tract. Given the opportunity, they just east humans (and usually only humans) until they run out of space, then puke up the remains to start all over again.

I think that there is some indication that they may be solar powered to a degree.

Oh, well, nevermind then.