PDA

View Full Version : The Ellimist vs. Odin (Marvel Universe)

Ultra_Sonic
06-15-2014, 05:34 PM
The Ellimist (Animorphs series) takes on Odin Allfather of Asgard (Marvel Universe). Who will win this fight?

Scenario A) The Ellimist takes on Odin in his regular form.

Scenario B) The Ellimist takes on Odin's most powerful form.

Reverse Happy
06-15-2014, 11:44 PM
I don't think the Ellimist had any direct combat feats after losing his physical form and becoming vaguely omnipotent. I remember he could see and alter fate, stop time (Rachel), teleport people to other planets (Howlers), and send them through time (Tobias).

big_adventure
06-16-2014, 12:48 AM
Can the Ellimist take a galaxy-busting shot? Because Odin is opening with that - before passing into transmutation and dimension dumping as needed.

And Odin's not a Saiyan - he doesn't really transform or anything.

Ultra_Sonic
06-16-2014, 11:44 AM
Can the Ellimist take a galaxy-busting shot? Because Odin is opening with that - before passing into transmutation and dimension dumping as needed.

And Odin's not a Saiyan - he doesn't really transform or anything.

The thing is, the form you see the Ellimist in, that is not his true form. So even if Odin was able to destroy that body, the only way that Odin would be able to hurt the Ellimist is if Odin was able to do something that would mess with the space-time continuum. Besides, the Ellimist and Crayak are, at the time of the ending of the Animorphs series, were locked in a proxy war. The reason why they were fighting a PROXY war was explained in The Ellimist Chronicles: If they fought each other personally, they could destroy the universe (and possibly each other as well), as they almost did when they were directly fighting each other.

Ultra_Sonic
06-16-2014, 11:47 AM
I don't think the Ellimist had any direct combat feats after losing his physical form and becoming vaguely omnipotent. I remember he could see and alter fate, stop time (Rachel), teleport people to other planets (Howlers), and send them through time (Tobias).

He became so powerful that direct combat with a similarly powered being would have brought about the end of the universe, as well as each other.

Surtur
06-16-2014, 03:29 PM
Destroying the body should get a 10 count at least. Especially if all we really have is it was said they'd end the universe if they fought. Are there any feats supporting them operating on a universal level? So far none of the feats mentioned do that.

Ultra_Sonic
06-16-2014, 05:00 PM
Destroying the body should get a 10 count at least. Especially if all we really have is it was said they'd end the universe if they fought. Are there any feats supporting them operating on a universal level? So far none of the feats mentioned do that.

The Ellimist's "body" is like some sort of cosmic avatar, if you may. Even if it were destroyed, the Ellimist could make another one. The Ellimist can also stop time, so even if Odin did let off enough energy to destroy the Galaxy, Toomin (the Ellimist's real name, or his name before he became THE Ellimist) could simply stop time. What he would do with the shot... that is the unknown factor. Also, during the events of The Ellimist Chronicles, Crayak and the Ellimist had already moved beyond the fabric of space time and during their battles, they actually f***ed around so much with the universe, they noticed that they could have destroyed everything, and that is why they agreed to fight a proxy war against each other.

master of read
06-16-2014, 05:05 PM
The Ellimist's "body" is like some sort of cosmic avatar, if you may. Even if it were destroyed, the Ellimist could make another one. The Ellimist can also stop time, so even if Odin did let off enough energy to destroy the Galaxy, Toomin (the Ellimist's real name, or his name before he became THE Ellimist) could simply stop time. What he would do with the shot... that is the unknown factor. Also, during the events of The Ellimist Chronicles, Crayak and the Ellimist had already moved beyond the fabric of space time and during their battles, they actually f***ed around so much with the universe, they noticed that they could have destroyed everything, and that is why they agreed to fight a proxy war against each other.

so how long does it take for him to make a new body.

Reverse Happy
06-17-2014, 08:56 AM
Nobody's tried attacking one in-series, since he always timefreezes bystanders during the conversation, or simply appears in a dream. I question whether it's even a tangible physical body.

I think he once copied a random classmate's appearance to speak with, which made a good impression on the Animorph(s) he was talking to, since he didn't hijack the girl's own body like Yeerk.

He doesn't need a body to do stuff anyway; it's just to make a friendlier impression when he's offering a deal.

Like I say, he's hard to argue in Rumbles since his limits are so vague. I get the impression Odin hits stuff; the Ellimist doesn't work that way. Usually he lets mortals fiddle with history.

I think his earliest and most direct move, after becoming one with space-time and spending millions of years too afraid to touch any levers, was to repeatedly teleport prehistoric Earth halfway around its orbit to dodge Crayak's destructo-beams.

Guy Smiley
06-17-2014, 09:09 AM
The thing is, the form you see the Ellimist in, that is not his true form. So even if Odin was able to destroy that body, the only way that Odin would be able to hurt the Ellimist is if Odin was able to do something that would mess with the space-time continuum.

During, I want to say the Odin vs. Seth battle, Odin managed to put out energy waves that were felt in other dimensions. He also made Mjolnir, enchanting it to allow time travel and dimensional travel. I dunno if he's got what it takes to beat the Ellimist, but messing with the space-time continuum is definitely a thing Odin can do.

Ultra_Sonic
06-17-2014, 06:25 PM
During, I want to say the Odin vs. Seth battle, Odin managed to put out energy waves that were felt in other dimensions. He also made Mjolnir, enchanting it to allow time travel and dimensional travel. I dunno if he's got what it takes to beat the Ellimist, but messing with the space-time continuum is definitely a thing Odin can do.

That is a valid point. SO Odin may definitely be able to put a hurtin' on Toomin.

I am under the impression that the Ellimist can instantly create avatars at will. I am not sure, as he has never been able to do it--and if I make any speculations, I want them to be as close to his stated feats as much as possible.

Ultra_Sonic
06-17-2014, 06:31 PM
What if the Ellimist decided to take on any cosmic beings more powerful than Odin (Galactus, Living Tribunal, The Presence, etc.)? How would he fare? Does he win, or does one of these characters make Toomin his b**tch?

I think that the Living Tribunal and the Presence are Marvel deities.

Bullet Sniper
06-17-2014, 06:54 PM
What if the Ellimist decided to take on any cosmic beings more powerful than Odin (Galactus, Living Tribunal, The Presence, etc.)? How would he fare? Does he win, or does one of these characters make Toomin his b**tch?

I think that the Living Tribunal and the Presence are Marvel deities.

I believe you have it wrong... the Presence is from Dc. Marvel's deity is the One Above All.

Ultra_Sonic
06-17-2014, 07:26 PM
I believe you have it wrong... the Presence is from Dc. Marvel's deity is the One Above All.

I take it this "One Above All" is like THE highest deity in the Marvel Universe? If so, can he possibly beat the Ellimist?

Bullet Sniper
06-17-2014, 07:33 PM
I take it this "One Above All" is like THE highest deity in the Marvel Universe? If so, can he possibly beat the Ellimist?

Yes TOAA is the strongest being all of Marvel, bar none. And i'm not sure, when it comes to "omnipotent vs omnipotent" or "god vs god" matches, it often depends on who you ask I guess.

Captain Morgan
06-19-2014, 10:02 PM
Honestly, Mjonir can do basic time shenanigans, and Thor with the Odin Force has stopped full time full out... I would be very surprised if Odin couldn't stop time and generally fuck up the time stream.

Slade1
06-20-2014, 06:05 AM
Honestly, Mjonir can do basic time shenanigans, and Thor with the Odin Force has stopped full time full out... I would be very surprised if Odin couldn't stop time and generally fuck up the time stream.

What is his durabilty feats though? Can he tank multiple planet busting attacks before he can react? Or does he have any speed feats?

Guy Smiley
06-20-2014, 10:48 AM
What is his durabilty feats though? Can he tank multiple planet busting attacks before he can react?

Probably? He once, at half power, had a galaxy-busting duel with Infinity, (Not the 'alternate female Eternity' Infinity, but the 'Odin's dark side turned into an independent being' Infinity) in which he didn't end up splattered. Similar for his fights against Seth and Surtr, who were both basically supposed to be roughly in his ballpark power-wise, presumably including damage output.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
06-20-2014, 11:17 AM
Probably? He once, at half power, had a galaxy-busting duel with Infinity, (Not the 'alternate female Eternity' Infinity, but the 'Odin's dark side turned into an independent being' Infinity) in which he didn't end up splattered. Similar for his fights against Seth and Surtr, who were both basically supposed to be roughly in his ballpark power-wise, presumably including damage output.

Also, if you haven't been keeping track of the "Odin Telepathy Headbutt" fight:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111141062/3852214-odinvxgalactus.jpg