PDA

View Full Version : How will rebirth be like gl and flash rebirth

mortymantis
02-18-2016, 07:58 PM
Been given this some though and re read plots and info on Wikipedia

Seemed like (especially with hal) readers had Kyle but a dead Hal bc of zero hour

Hal gained in popularity bc of new frontier and they wanted to re release him back in continuity. So they tried him as the spectre but just didn't cut it

Gl rebirth literally brought him back to life but it did more. There was a lot of back story involved that explained why yellow couldn't but touched but now could etc. they basically used new storyline to make it what they wanted to without scratching it

I'm sure we are going to get some secret story that happened bc of convergence or darkseid war that changed it all

I'm banking that darkseid war merges realities together

Bogotazo
02-18-2016, 08:08 PM
From what I can tell, what he means is taking a character's universe and making it inclusive and expansive while emphasizing its unique themes.

So GL Rebirth introduced Hal but kept Kyle, while bringing the epic scale of the Corps to the forefront.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--89DNMrPf--/18dxmmb9y5mxtjpg.jpg

Likewise, Johns brought Barry back and had him fighting alongside the rest of the Flash family, while writing a story heavily centered on the Speed Force.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/marvel_dc/images/9/9b/Flash_Family_002.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100212061823

mortymantis
02-18-2016, 08:18 PM
So we will see the classic characters reintroduced alongside the other nu 52s

colonyofcells
02-18-2016, 08:19 PM
The secret of Rebirth maybe is that red head Wally West was hiding under Pandora's skirt all this time.

Bogotazo
02-18-2016, 08:32 PM

Right; seems likely, especially with all the images of missing characters (Teen Titans, JSA, etc.) flashed in the video.

Sodam Yat
02-18-2016, 08:45 PM

If that's the case, then this "Rebirth" thing isn't exciting at all. Well I guess that's what Geoff Johns meant when he said it's to appeal to older readers than new ones. Plain 'ol nostalgia at it's finest ;)

Bogotazo
02-18-2016, 09:19 PM
If that's the case, then this "Rebirth" thing isn't exciting at all. Well I guess that's what Geoff Johns meant when he said it's to appeal to older readers than new ones. Plain 'ol nostalgia at it's finest ;)

It's exciting for people who enjoyed certain beloved long-time characters who were amputated. Not just obscure characters, but characters that had been featured in the DCU prominently for decades. I think most DC fans have at least something they really enjoyed missing in this new continuity. Acknowledging that isn't "nostalgia", it's repairing old pillars that always held the DCU up alongside the newly constructed ones.