PDA

View Full Version : MLB 2014- Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack

CenturianSpy
05-01-2014, 08:26 AM
Cards win Game three but Brewers won the series. The first time they did this in 8 series against STL. Allen Craig, who has been God-awful this season, went 4-5 with 2 doubles and a HR. STL defensive lapses continue to be a problem.

CenturianSpy
05-01-2014, 11:38 AM
http://i.imgur.com/z7da1PC.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/icuIP7s.jpg

Milwaukee is doing better than I thought. We'll see if injuries catch up with them.

CenturianSpy
05-05-2014, 08:56 AM
Aftr only winning the last game of a three game series, the Cardinals are back to .500. VERY disappointing season so far.

G-Man27
05-05-2014, 09:52 AM
Nice to see a fellow Cardinal fan on here!

Marc Lombardi
05-05-2014, 09:54 AM
Atlanta is starting to come back to the pack in the NL East and my Phillies are suddenly a game and a half back. Now we have Kyle Kendrick going against J.A. Happ tonight in the first of a four-game home and home with the Jays. At least we don't have Mitch Williams anymore...

CenturianSpy
05-05-2014, 10:57 AM
Nice to see a fellow Cardinal fan on here!Absolutely! Let's just hope this thread doesn't turn into a support group, though. STL sports radio is calling for Oscar Tavares to come up soon..

GO CARDS!!!

Atlanta is starting to come back to the pack in the NL East and my Phillies are suddenly a game and a half back. Now we have Kyle Kendrick going against J.A. Happ tonight in the first of a four-game home and home with the Jays. At least we don't have Mitch Williams anymore...That NL West division is TIGHT...hopefully Atlanta is softened up for the Cards these next three games...STL still runs Ryan Howard commercials daily, oh to be a hometown favorite.

Marc Lombardi
05-05-2014, 11:19 AM
STL still runs Ryan Howard commercials daily, oh to be a hometown favorite.
Are they of him hobbling down the first base line while making that last out in the NLDS a couple years ago?

CenturianSpy
05-05-2014, 11:34 AM
Are they of him hobbling down the first base line while making that last out in the NLDS a couple years ago?That's the very definition of a bittersweet moment for a STL baseball fan. That moment derailed a HoF career. His '06-'09 years were scary good. I hope he hits 40+HR & 135+ RBI again...

ish kabbible
05-05-2014, 10:55 PM
Worst inning of Yankee baseball in many a year.Top of the 8th in a 1-1 tie the Yanks load the bases with no outs.They fail to score.Bottom of the 8th Yankee pitchers give up 6 walks,no hits and the Angels score 3 runs.Yanks lose 4-1.Unbelievable

Deathstroke
05-06-2014, 01:12 PM
While my Red Sox haven't been terrible, they've been terribly inconsistent. They are 15-17 heading into tonight's game and have blown a number of chances to get back to a .500 record.

There defense has been suspect on the left side of the infield with Middlebrooks and Bogaerts making a number of errors.

While it is not time to push the panic button, it would be nice to see them string together a run of wins.

CenturianSpy
05-07-2014, 01:30 PM
While my Red Sox haven't been terrible, they've been terribly inconsistent. They are 15-17 heading into tonight's game and have blown a number of chances to get back to a .500 record.

There defense has been suspect on the left side of the infield with Middlebrooks and Bogaerts making a number of errors.

While it is not time to push the panic button, it would be nice to see them string together a run of wins.I know this feeling, Cards lost to the Braves yesterday, so they're back to .500. Losing half your games makes you crazy. WHERE the hell is our offense???!!!

Deathstroke
05-07-2014, 01:37 PM
A 12 inning win last night for the Sox was nice but does nothing to end questions about the offense.

Enigmatic Undead
05-07-2014, 07:20 PM
Nice to see the Pirates win two series in a row.

teej
05-07-2014, 09:01 PM
I remember when I posted at the beginning of the season that I thought the Angels were going to have great pitching this season. But it seems like every other night they give up 5 runs in the first inning.

CenturianSpy
05-09-2014, 11:29 AM
Looking forward to this weekend's series against the Buccos. Hopefully Wacca will get back to form and the Cards find a way to hit lefty Liriano tonight.

GO CARDS!!!

WestPhillyPunisher
05-09-2014, 02:17 PM
That's the very definition of a bittersweet moment for a STL baseball fan. That moment derailed a HoF career. His '06-'09 years were scary good. I hope he hits 40+HR & 135+ RBI again...

Highly unlikely. Howard is so lousy against lefthanders these days, he's almost a liability. And his defense at first base? Let's just say it's a pity the NL doesn't have the DH.

Meanwhile, my Phillies suffered a miserable last four days against the Blue Jays, losing two here in Philly, then going north of the border where they were positively demolished in Toronto for two more. For the record, the Phils were outscored 33-11 in those four games they lost while the Jays whacked an insane 11 homers in those games. Ugly? You betcha! Now we have to depend on Roberto Hernandez (a.k.a. The Pitcher Formerly Known As Fausto Carmona) to break the skid in Flushing tonight. I don't have high hopes for that happening.

CenturianSpy
05-10-2014, 10:22 AM
My Cardinal's look very average right now...When Peralta and Craig hit HRs the pitching falters...it's going to be a long season.

CenturianSpy
05-12-2014, 03:13 PM
Oh, Mitch....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/mitch-williams-thrown-out-of-kids-baseball-game-for-profanity-laced-tirade-143949260.html

My Cards are back to .500, and are starting a homestand with our friendly, rivals the Cubs.

Vibranium
05-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Subway Series starts tonight

CenturianSpy
05-17-2014, 02:26 PM
Cardinal's get 4 bunt singles (2 Wong, 2 Borjous) and beat the Braves 4-1. Game three is tomorrow and now that I've posted this, they're sure to disappoint.

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 02:40 PM
Cardinal's get 4 bunt singles (2 Wong, 2 Borjous) and beat the Braves 4-1. Game three is tomorrow and now that I've posted this, they're sure to disappoint.

Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurses!!

Go Atlanta!!

CenturianSpy
05-20-2014, 07:44 PM
Adam Wainwright throws his first ever one-hitter in a 5-0 win against the D-Backs! AWESOME!!!

Edit: http://deadspin.com/miguel-olivo-reportedly-bites-off-chunk-of-teammates-ea-1579283612?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebo ok&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Look out for athletes named Mike or its foreign equivalency!

Motown Rage
05-23-2014, 08:49 PM
I thought it would be a good idea to bring back the MLB thread since we are 1/4 of the way through the season, so let's get this thing started off. Let's hear which team is your team? Who is your favorite player? Do you play fantasy baseball and want to talk roster moves? Whatever you want, bring it on?

Myself, I live in Michigan, I love the Tigers, but I'm a hardcore Yankee's fan, have been since the mid 80's.

Favorite current players, Jose Fernandez, Matt Harvey, Miguel Cabrera, Justin Verlander. All time favorite players, Cobb, Gehrig, Ruth, Mantle, Robinson, Nolan Ryan.

I have a fantasy keeper team, sadly Tommy John has killed my chances of a championship this year, but I'm set up for the next season.

Who's next?

Motown Rage
05-23-2014, 09:40 PM
Guess I was exhausted last night, I didn't see this thread anywhere, well let's get back into it.

How about Giancarlo Stanton, launching bombs left and right

Enigmatic Undead
05-23-2014, 09:41 PM
Pirates are on a three game winning streak. Raise the Jolly Roger!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-omIsP7-1yjo/Ujpj3Wgv2fI/AAAAAAAADVo/LyKhdNqKeQE/s1600/jolly+roger+animated.gif

Motown Rage
05-23-2014, 09:43 PM
I've got Gerrit Cole on my fantasy keeper team, looks pretty good so far.

Hiromi
05-23-2014, 10:05 PM
Braves nose dive stretch seems to be over, fortunately the rest of the NL East looks to be awful right now so no real ground was lost.

WestPhillyPunisher
05-24-2014, 01:59 AM
Prince Fielder is expected to have neck surgery and will be lost to the Rangers for the rest of the season (http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/_/id/10970992/prince-fielder-texas-rangers-season-ending-neck-surgery). Makes one wonder if Detroit knew something everyone else didn't when they traded him?

Meanwhile, Clayton Kershaw was back on his game (http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=340523122) after getting blasted in his last outing (an 18-7 demolition at the hands of Arizona) in shutting out my Phillies 2-0 last night. The Dodgers scored two runs in the first two innings, and that was all the defending NL Cy Young Award winner needed, going six innings, then turning things over to the bullpen to finish the job. Meanwhile, the offense challenged Phils were whitewashed for the sixth time this season, five at home, including last night. Urgh!

CenturianSpy
05-28-2014, 09:53 AM
Cardinal's Lance Lynn pitches his first career complete game shutout in a 6-0 win against the NYY. Rubber match today.

Vibranium
05-28-2014, 12:54 PM
Prince Fielder is expected to have neck surgery and will be lost to the Rangers for the rest of the season (http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/_/id/10970992/prince-fielder-texas-rangers-season-ending-neck-surgery). Makes one wonder if Detroit knew something everyone else didn't when they traded him?

Meanwhile, Clayton Kershaw was back on his game (http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=340523122) after getting blasted in his last outing (an 18-7 demolition at the hands of Arizona) in shutting out my Phillies 2-0 last night. The Dodgers scored two runs in the first two innings, and that was all the defending NL Cy Young Award winner needed, going six innings, then turning things over to the bullpen to finish the job. Meanwhile, the offense challenged Phils were whitewashed for the sixth time this season, five at home, including last night. Urgh!

I think the Tigers knew he wasn't going to last very long

considering the issues with Pujols, Hamilton, and now Fielder..the days of the 6 7 or 8 year deal are done IMO

Motown Rage
05-28-2014, 10:53 PM

I live in the area, nothing has been said about the injury, but just like his dad, Detroit gave him a butt load of money, saw that he was a one dimensional player and traded him away for a better player, nobody in Detroit was sad to see him go.

CenturianSpy
06-01-2014, 06:04 PM
I hope STL was sandbagging SF in this 1-3 series shellacking. SF looks like they're the team to beat in the NL.

Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon
06-01-2014, 06:13 PM
Cubs continue to be a embarrassment. Get shut out after a shutout.
Mastered the art of embarrassment, and heartbreak painfully familiar.

Need to make June a productive month or they'll continue a inconsistent stuck in the mire team.

Cards continue to be a punching bag for the giants. Much like 49ers owning the rams the cards are pushovers when playing the giants.

WestPhillyPunisher
06-01-2014, 06:18 PM
My Phillies and the Mets have played back-to-back-to-back extra inning games over the past three days:

On Friday, the Phils won 6-5 in 14 innings
On Saturday, the Mets won 5-4 in 14 innings
Today, the Mets won 4-3 in 11 innings

Man, both teams must have some pretty damn tired relievers!

CenturianSpy
06-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Cards continue to be a punching bag for the giants. Much like 49ers owning the rams the cards are pushovers when playing the giants.13-15 in the last five years is hardly punching bag material...

06-01-2014, 10:12 PM
13-15 in the last five years is hardly punching bag material...

Well this weekend they were a pushover. Giants invaded St. Louis and smashed them.

06-01-2014, 10:14 PM
My Phillies and the Mets have played back-to-back-to-back extra inning games over the past three days:

On Friday, the Phils won 6-5 in 14 innings
On Saturday, the Mets won 5-4 in 14 innings
Today, the Mets won 4-3 in 11 innings

Man, both teams must have some pretty damn tired relievers!

And you thought you saw something ugly with giants eagles the mets Phills able to outdo their crudeness and horrid play.

WestPhillyPunisher
06-02-2014, 01:32 AM
And you thought you saw something ugly with giants eagles the mets Phills able to outdo their crudeness and horrid play.

Pretty much. And there's still one last game between the teams to be played tonight, a makeup game from a rainout last month.

06-04-2014, 09:46 AM
Mets a team also familiar with misery and heartbreak found it Tuesday. They lead 1-0 but would find a way to lose a one run homerun in the 8th, and in the 9th a deep right field hit that dropped far away from a met with the cubs able to score the winning run on a RBI.
I'm not going crazy as the cubs are a very inconsistent team.
Still it feels great as will all wins in a miserable season.

Vibranium
06-04-2014, 09:48 AM
Mets a team also familiar with misery and heartbreak found it Tuesday. They lead 1-0 but would find a way to lose a one run homerun in the 8th, and in the 9th a deep right field hit that dropped far away from a met with the cubs able to score the winning run on a RBI.
I'm not going crazy as the cubs are a very inconsistent team.
Still it feels great as will all wins in a miserable season.

as a Mets fan, it sucked, but its not a feeling that is all that strange...in all honesty Mets should have had 3-4 runs throughout that game

06-04-2014, 07:17 PM
Cubs have tied the game.

06-04-2014, 07:24 PM
In a wild 5th cubs get 3 to make it 5-4.

06-04-2014, 09:03 PM
And once again another one run win for the cubs 5-4 over the mets. April and May have been unproductive bad months, they got the wheels going in the right direction which is needed as June is going to be a major month.

06-07-2014, 12:22 AM
4 in a row for the cubs as they beat the Marlins continue their dominance vs Nl east teams. It's great to 4 in a row in a week.again cubs won a game with a game winning hit this time a two run homer by Arizona.

Meanwhile the cards continue to slump with a 3-1 loss vs the bluejays dropping them to 500.

WestPhillyPunisher
06-07-2014, 02:50 AM
After getting swept out of Washington like so much trash, my Phillies limped into Cincinnati last night where they faced NL ERA leader Johnny Cueto. So, what did the Phils do? They clubbed him like a batting practice pitcher, going on to win 8-0 behind a fine performance by Cole Hamels. Go figure. Funny game, this baseball.

06-07-2014, 10:28 AM
After getting swept out of Washington like so much trash, my Phillies limped into Cincinnati last night where they faced NL ERA leader Johnny Cueto. So, what did the Phils do? They clubbed him like a batting practice pitcher, going on to win 8-0 behind a fine performance by Cole Hamels. Go figure. Funny game, this baseball.

It's as unpredictable as the weather.
There was a high percentage 71 percent I think that it would rain in Chicago during the weekend vs the yanks in 2011, it didn't rain proving that even with a high percentage it can still fail.

06-08-2014, 03:07 PM
Cards win a shutout 5-0 over bluejays.
So back to back wins for cards.

The cubs win streak came to a end with a 4-3 loss to the marlins. At least pirates also lost.

Wedge Antilles
06-16-2014, 02:44 PM
Tony Gwynn was my favorite baseball player growing up, and the San Diego Padres were my favorite team.

Much respect to him during his playing days, his devotion to the art of hitting, and of course all the NL batting titles. It's too bad he wasn't able to win a World Series... but not everyone can play with the big money teams. At least he had some great moments in the postseason spotlight near the beginning (1984) and end (1998) of his HOF career.

RIP, Mr. Padre.

WestPhillyPunisher
06-16-2014, 02:56 PM
I only just heard about Tony Gwynn and turned on ESPN to watch the World Cup match between the U.S. and Ghana. How sad, how very sad. Mr. Gwynn was not only a great hitter but a great man as well. The baseball world will be all the sadder without him in it.

Motown Rage
06-19-2014, 01:45 AM
Been out of touch the last few days moving with no cable and internet and just heard about Tony Gywnn, that is a sad announcement, he and Cal Ripken were a big factor in me loving baseball as a kid.

R.I.P. Tony

WestPhillyPunisher
06-19-2014, 02:01 AM
Clayton Kershaw tossed his first career no hitter in an 8-0 romp over the Rockies last night. If not for an error by Hanley Ramirez that allowed a Colorado baserunner, Kershaw would've had a perfect game. By the by, this makes the second no hitter for the Dodgers in a month after Josh Beckett whitewashed my Phillies back in late May.

Motown Rage
06-19-2014, 03:23 AM
Dodgers do look like the real deal so far this year. On another sad note, the Royals took over 1st place from my nose diving Tigers

Motown Rage
06-23-2014, 01:13 AM
We are nearing the half way point, anybody have favorites for MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the year at the half way point?

Motown Rage
06-25-2014, 07:49 PM
Tim Linecum throws another no hitter, the guy can't hit the side of a barn most of the season and throws no hitters in back to back season. Unbelievable

WestPhillyPunisher
06-26-2014, 01:28 AM
Tim Linecum throws another no hitter, the guy can't hit the side of a barn most of the season and throws no hitters in back to back season. Unbelievable

Considering how pathetic San Diego's offense is, I'm surprised the Fathers have been no-hit just once this season.

Vibranium
06-26-2014, 06:43 AM
Big Time Timmy Jim!!!

07-02-2014, 03:04 PM
Blue jays continue their great season with a win over the brew crew 7-4.
Can the blue jays sustain for the entire is the great question that will get answered this season.

07-02-2014, 03:21 PM

Showed how damn mediocre the cards are with a shutout yesterday.

Cards this season have been a punching bag for the giants and I won't be shocked when the cards continue to crash and get swept.
They are a mediocre team that won't make the playoffs.

07-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Great start for cubs 3-0.

07-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Cubs finish with a sweep of Red Sox at Fenway park.
Plus the reds lost that is topnotch.

Motown Rage
07-03-2014, 01:21 AM
Rick Porcello pitches back to back shutouts, the second has no walks and no strikeouts, with 18 groundouts, very impressive

WestPhillyPunisher
07-03-2014, 01:24 AM
Rick Porcello pitches back to back shutouts, the second has no walks and no strikeouts, with 18 groundouts, very impressive

I read about that. Very interesting.

Doc Omega
07-03-2014, 01:27 AM
Go Tigers!

07-04-2014, 09:36 AM
The slumping giants lost the series at home to the cards and have dropped out of first. A giant embarrassment for the giants considering their lead was as high if I recall right 12 or 13 games.
A high lead in the first half is great to have but again giants prove that in the first half the a great division lead can be decreased and be removed.
I recall the topic being brought up of percentage chance the dodgers catch the giants on pardon the interruption.

The cubs are smashing the nationals 4-1.

Motown Rage
07-31-2014, 04:15 PM
How about my Tigers, just traded for David Price and really didn't give up much.

Starting rotation:
Scherzer
Price
Sanchez
Verlander
Porcello

Probably best in baseball

CSTowle
07-31-2014, 07:02 PM
Did much better than my Red Sox and their fire sale. Still, last fire sale led to a reloading and a World Series Championship. At least we got rid of another Drew (to the hated Yankees, though for Kelly Johnson). Can't understand wanting Craig or Kelly though.

Motown Rage
07-31-2014, 07:17 PM
Did much better than my Red Sox and their fire sale. Still, last fire sale led to a reloading and a World Series Championship. At least we got rid of another Drew (to the hated Yankees, though for Kelly Johnson). Can't understand wanting Craig or Kelly though.

I feel your pain boss, they gave away so much and received very little, it could be a rough year or two

WestPhillyPunisher
08-01-2014, 01:41 AM
My Phillies stood pat at the deadline, mainly because the players we had available (Marlon Byrd, A.J. Burnett, Jonathan Papelbon) were too pricey, thanks to bad contracts given them by GM Ruben Amaro. Meanwhile, one of those players, Cliff Lee looks to have reinjured his elbow during his start in Washington last night and might be done for the rest of the season. Uh-oh.

Motown Rage
08-01-2014, 04:03 PM
My Phillies stood pat at the deadline, mainly because the players we had available (Marlon Byrd, A.J. Burnett, Jonathan Papelbon) were too pricey, thanks to bad contracts given them by GM Ruben Amaro. Meanwhile, one of those players, Cliff Lee looks to have reinjured his elbow during his start in Washington last night and might be done for the rest of the season. Uh-oh.

How Amaro still has a job amazes me

WestPhillyPunisher
08-02-2014, 02:56 AM
How Amaro still has a job amazes me

Because Dave Montgomery, president of the team and point man for the owners who never show their faces in public is fanatically loyal to Amaro and refuses to even entertain the notion of firing him, despite the millions he's wasted while wrecking the team.

Motown Rage
08-02-2014, 04:20 PM
Because Dave Montgomery, president of the team and point man for the owners who never show their faces in public is fanatically loyal to Amaro and refuses to even entertain the notion of firing him, despite the millions he's wasted while wrecking the team.

That's too bad, hopefully they get that figured out. I just read an article on CBS sports that said Hamels and Papelbon could still be traded before the non waiver deadline

worstblogever
08-06-2014, 02:09 PM
I wish stuff like this happened in more games.

Albert Pujols makes a chump out of Yasiel Puig on Monday night. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/05/albert-pujols-puig-mocks-video_n_5650757.html)

Motown Rage
08-06-2014, 06:44 PM
Cole Hamels has been claimed by an unidentified team on revocable waivers, Phillies have 48 hours to match the offer.

WestPhillyPunisher
08-07-2014, 02:09 AM
Cole Hamels has been claimed by an unidentified team on revocable waivers, Phillies have 48 hours to match the offer.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say my Phillies will match the offer. Marlon Byrd was also put on those same waivers, but I suspect he'll walk.

Motown Rage
08-07-2014, 03:14 AM
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say my Phillies will match the offer. Marlon Byrd was also put on those same waivers, but I suspect he'll walk.

I have read that they will pull both Byrd and Hamels and let Papelbon go, he was not claimed though

WestPhillyPunisher
08-07-2014, 01:27 PM
I have read that they will pull both Byrd and Hamels and let Papelbon go, he was not claimed though

I read that too. I have no earthly idea why the Phils would keep Byrd. They've been locked in last place despite leading the team in home runs, and they can continue being a bottom feeder without him. Meanwhile, Roberto Hernandez (a.k.a. The Pitcher Formerly Known As Fausto Carmona) was sent to the Dodgers in return for two players to be named later, sadly, I suspect their names won't be Puig and Kershaw. Just one itty-bitty problem: Hernandez was tonight's scheduled starter in the series finale with horrible Houston. Sometimes, I wonder what my Phillies know what the hell they're doing.

Motown Rage
08-07-2014, 06:16 PM
I read that too. I have no earthly idea why the Phils would keep Byrd. They've been locked in last place despite leading the team in home runs, and they can continue being a bottom feeder without him. Meanwhile, Roberto Hernandez (a.k.a. The Pitcher Formerly Known As Fausto Carmona) was sent to the Dodgers in return for two players to be named later, sadly, I suspect their names won't be Puig and Kershaw. Just one itty-bitty problem: Hernandez was tonight's scheduled starter in the series finale with horrible Houston. Sometimes, I wonder what my Phillies know what the hell they're doing.

It seems the Cubs are the team for Hamels, and he has said he would go to the Cubs, seems like they are working out the details as we speak

Hiromi
08-09-2014, 04:58 PM
The Nationals need to have a workshop for their outfielders on knowing where the damn wall is and not injuring yourself running into it.

Motown Rage
08-13-2014, 02:40 PM
The Nationals need to have a workshop for their outfielders on knowing where the damn wall is and not injuring yourself running into it.

I don't care how long they are in DC, I will always think of them as the Expo's

Vibranium
08-13-2014, 03:52 PM
I don't care how long they are in DC, I will always think of them as the Expo's

that doesn't make a lick of sense

CSTowle
08-13-2014, 07:02 PM
I still think of the Ravens as the old Browns, and the Titans as the Oilers in the NFL. In fact I wish the Texans would buy the naming rights and call themselves the Oilers, just because I liked the old uniforms more than the two-tone bull decal and generic red/white/blue. Plus the history.

Motown Rage
08-13-2014, 07:45 PM
that doesn't make a lick of sense

What about that doesn't make sense, they originally came from Montreal where they were the Expo's. It's the same with the Oilers as CSTowle said or the Browns, I'm in my 40's, so for me I remember the older days and the history a little more

WestPhillyPunisher
08-14-2014, 01:50 AM
What about that doesn't make sense, they originally came from Montreal where they were the Expo's. It's the same with the Oilers as CSTowle said or the Browns, I'm in my 40's, so for me I remember the older days and the history a little more

The ironic thing is that Montreal had perhaps their best team in 1994, and the best record in baseball at the time, but the mid-season player strike that wiped out the reason of that season and the World Series killed the Expos' chances for glory and were never the same after that, thanks to seemingly relentless penny pinching and bad management, turning what had been a potentially powerful team into a bottom feeder almost overnight. Ten years later, they fled for Washington. You can read all about it below:

Remembering The 1994 Expos (http://*******************/articles/2159170-remembering-the-1994-expos-from-mlbs-best-to-washington-nationals-in-10-years)

Motown Rage
08-15-2014, 09:37 AM
The ironic thing is that Montreal had perhaps their best team in 1994, and the best record in baseball at the time, but the mid-season player strike that wiped out the reason of that season and the World Series killed the Expos' chances for glory and were never the same after that, thanks to seemingly relentless penny pinching and bad management, turning what had been a potentially powerful team into a bottom feeder almost overnight. Ten years later, they fled for Washington. You can read all about it below:

Remembering The 1994 Expos (http://*******************/articles/2159170-remembering-the-1994-expos-from-mlbs-best-to-washington-nationals-in-10-years)

Good article Punisher, thanks for the read

Motown Rage
12-11-2014, 10:41 AM
Real Estate Agents have got to love the action MLB is creating for them this week. Kudo's to the Tigers for giving up Porcello for Cespedes, only wondering where Hamels and Scherzer will end up now.