PDA

View Full Version : Erek the Chee vs. Predator

Ultra_Sonic
06-20-2014, 01:33 PM
Erek the Chee takes on an army of Predators trying to invade the Earth. Can he overcome them?

Erek's prohibition against violence is removed.

In the Animorphs series, "Erek" is part of an ancient race of wolf-like androids called the Chee. They have a prohibition against violence written into their coding, but it can be overwritten by a Pemalite crystal, as mentioned in Animorphs #10: The Visitor when Erek used this crystal to override the violence inhibitor to save the Animorphs from a squadron of Controllers, as Mean Rachel noted in Animorphs #32: The Separation-- how Erek literally smeared the human and Hork-Bajir-Controllers all over the walls. It was a VERY short fight, if it could be called that.

Primetime Harder
06-20-2014, 02:16 PM
OK, so he's a wolf-droid with some super strength. How's his durability? Can he handle an ambush barrage from those shoulder cannons? Is he bright enough to counter the Predators' pack tactics before he gets taken down? Is he fast enough to take a bunch of them on in melee? How does he do against slashing damage?

Et cetera.

Hiromi
06-20-2014, 03:23 PM
Had an alien fire a flechete gun at him at point blank and completely no sold it, was specifically said to be difficult to damage via energy weapons, employed holographic tech that allowed him to pass unnoticed in human society since ancient Egyptian times, ran from somewhere in California to some unspecified point at the bottom of the ocean(far enough to necessitate the Animorphs getting Giant Squid forms to reach, even deeper than Sperm Whales can go) in a matter of minutes(plus the whole surviving well into crush depths), was said to have been essentially speed blitzing the group of a few dozen i think Hork Bajir and Humans the one time his violence inhibitor was removed.

Guy Smiley
06-20-2014, 03:41 PM
Had an alien fire a flechete gun at him at point blank and completely no sold it, was specifically said to be difficult to damage via energy weapons, employed holographic tech that allowed him to pass unnoticed in human society since ancient Egyptian times, ran from somewhere in California to some unspecified point at the bottom of the ocean(far enough to necessitate the Animorphs getting Giant Squid forms to reach, even deeper than Sperm Whales can go) in a matter of minutes(plus the whole surviving well into crush depths), was said to have been essentially speed blitzing the group of a few dozen i think Hork Bajir and Humans the one time his violence inhibitor was removed.

Yep, Yautja should go splat then. Unless this is a lot of Preds.

Primetime Harder
06-20-2014, 03:46 PM
With that level of speed and durability, I don't think there's anything the preds can do short of sending waves of nuclear suicide bombers at him.

Hiromi
06-20-2014, 03:51 PM
Should also add he's remarkably tech proficiency as well, able to completely hack into an alien capital ship and have complete control over very important systems for a different species with virtually no trouble whatsoever.

Ultra_Sonic
06-20-2014, 07:52 PM
That's the only thing that MIGHT hurt Erek: the super-nuke wristwatch of the Predator.

As for durability/damage soak, in Animorphs #45: The Revelation, Marco and his dad had to fake their deaths because Marco saved his father from infestation. He asked Erek and another Chee to take his place. So the two Chee (holographically disguised as Marco and his father) are in Marco's room when 4 Controller cops bust in and fire their Dracon beams at "Marco" and his "father". Erek came out of it relatively undamaged (I think his systems were no less than 96% intact after the sustained Dracon barrage), while the android that portrayed Erek's "Father" was more damaged (at least his hologram projector was).

Primetime Harder
06-20-2014, 08:38 PM
That's the only thing that MIGHT hurt Erek: the super-nuke wristwatch of the Predator.

The thing about the nuke-gauntlet, though, is that it's basically the Yautja equivalent of committing seppuku. You've dishonored yourself by letting the prey best you, but you can mitigate it by taking it with you when you go. (I know I mentioned waves of suicide bombers earlier, but with PIS on they'd never do it.)

Their society is weird.