PDA

View Full Version : 5 Male Chimpanzees vs a Predator

Farealmer
06-20-2014, 09:25 PM
Fight takes place on a grassy field. The Predator has only a staff.

Bluekey
06-20-2014, 09:35 PM

Pred kills them all. Full Force punch in the face from Dutch in predator did almost NO damage.

The MunchKING
06-21-2014, 07:37 AM

Ah you took away their biggest weakness. Good job. :p

Iron_Twister
06-21-2014, 09:10 AM

And those chimps got plenty of poo.

Not sure how it'll avoid the eventual dismemberment from a very pissed off Predator but hey, it's a small victory at hand for the alien...No one wants to be covered in feces. Those damn chimps got the last laugh at least.

wjowski
06-21-2014, 12:25 PM
I don't think anyone here understands how badly a pissed-off chimp can fuck you up.

For reference. http://www.nbcnews.com/id/7087194/ns/us_news/t/chimp-attack-doesnt-surprise-experts/

Endless_Legend
06-21-2014, 12:50 PM
Chimps and apes are way more dangerous than we think, definitely. We discussed this a bit on the Jason Bourne thread, about how a gorilla could literally peel a human being apart with it's fingers. (they do it to frickin' trees all the time)

On the other hand, Predators aren't puny, real-world humans. They're superhumanly strong and tough aliens. Judging by how easily the Predator no-sells almost everything Dutch threw at it, I might put it in the same range of crazy as an Ape. Or at least, several times strong and more durable than a human.

So, it has a decent chance against the chimps. Although I again reiterate that taking away weapons and tools from intelligent humanoids is like taking away the claws and teeth from a tiger, you're removing their primary weapon, which is intelligent tool-usage. Although in this case, the Predator still has the aforementioned physical stats to fall back on, and it's still just as intelligent as human being, and at least has a simple weapon with decent reach.

The MunchKING
06-22-2014, 06:53 AM
Although I again reiterate that taking away weapons and tools from intelligent humanoids is like taking away the claws and teeth from a tiger, you're removing their primary weapon, which is intelligent tool-usage.

Which wasn't the predator's strong suit anyway.

Stupid 3 minute aiming time gun that STILL couldn't hit anything that was moving. :p

Awesome-X
06-22-2014, 10:11 AM
Most Predators shouldn't have trouble with Chimps. Predators have shown strength well above that of any real life ape. They usually have a much higher damage soak as well.

Endless_Legend
06-22-2014, 04:21 PM
Predators have shown strength well above that of any real life ape.

Ugh, no. I don't recall seeing a predator ever rip a tree apart with it's fingers. Or any other crazy things that great apes in real life do.

Predators are really strong, sure. Several times as strong as a human. But they aren't as strong as great apes.

Chimps aren't either, though, so I still think the Predator would probably win.

StupidMoniker
06-22-2014, 06:14 PM
Predators are really strong, sure. Several times as strong as a human. But they aren't as strong as great apes.

Chimps aren't either, though, so I still think the Predator would probably win.
Chimps and humans are members of the great ape family along with gorillas, bonobos, and orangutans. Predators are stronger than most, and may or may not be as strong as the strongest. They don't have the grip strength feats of a gorilla, but leg strength would favor the predator I think.

Endless_Legend
06-22-2014, 06:52 PM
Chimps and humans are members of the great ape family along with gorillas, bonobos, and orangutans. Predators are stronger than most, and may or may not be as strong as the strongest. They don't have the grip strength feats of a gorilla, but leg strength would favor the predator I think.

There is a world of difference in strength inside that family, it's meaningless to even mention that humans or chimps are members of it. When I said "aren't as strong as Great apes", I meant that they aren't as strong as Silverback Gorillas.

StupidMoniker
06-22-2014, 07:02 PM
There is a world of difference in strength inside that family, it's meaningless to even mention that humans or chimps are members of it. When I said "aren't as strong as Great apes", I meant that they aren't as strong as Silverback Gorillas.
Yes, it is clearly my fault that you said great apes when you meant Silverback Gorillas. :P

abmccray
06-22-2014, 07:43 PM
Chimps are 2X as strong as humans in many of the ways that count.

Of course, Dutch has that car lifting feat and pinning a guy against a wall with a knife throw, so he's probably somewhere around CBPH which is around the same or more.

So it's basically like having multiple Dutches ripping away at him. With some knives or something, given the fangs of a chimp that they use liberally.

byc
06-22-2014, 08:09 PM
Predator only because he has his staff weapon.

Endless_Legend
06-22-2014, 08:09 PM
Yes, it is clearly my fault that you said great apes when you meant Silverback Gorillas. :P

I never said it was.

Endless_Legend
06-22-2014, 08:11 PM
Predator only because he has his staff weapon.

Having a weapon makes a huge difference. I could see this going either way. Chimps *are* extremely dangerous and strong, and there are five of them.