PDA

View Full Version : Thanos in Mario Galaxy

kingmyth
06-21-2014, 07:19 AM
Would the Mario Bros be able to stop him before it's too late.

MorphyVSFischer
06-21-2014, 10:35 AM
No they wouldn't. They are utterly, utterly screwed.

master of read
06-21-2014, 10:44 AM
why do you hate mario? i know he's kind of a asshole and all but even he doesn't deserve the mad titan.

Omega
06-21-2014, 11:34 AM
Why would you make this thread?... seriously.

Carabas
06-21-2014, 11:46 AM
Does Thanos have any actual feats that show him being resistant to jumping on his head?

Alan2099
06-21-2014, 11:52 AM
I don't know. Mario did once kill the sun by throwing a turtle shell at it.

Endless_Legend
06-21-2014, 12:51 PM
I don't know. Mario did once kill the sun by throwing a turtle shell at it.

And suddenly, Mario is in the mythological-figure league with people like Herakles and Yi The Excellent Archer.

kingmyth
06-21-2014, 03:51 PM
why do you hate mario? i know he's kind of a asshole and all but even he doesn't deserve the mad titan.

I've played Mario Galaxy it's a wonderful game, I'be made this match what if Thanos became the villian instead of Bowser.

master of read
06-21-2014, 03:55 PM
I've played Mario Galaxy it's a wonderful game, I'be made this match what if Thanos became the villian instead of Bowser.

you do know who thanos is, right?

kingmyth
06-21-2014, 04:05 PM
you do know who thanos is, right?

Yes I do, after fighting Bowser maybe Mario can move to the next level and fight Thanos.

master of read
06-21-2014, 04:11 PM
Yes I do, after fighting Bowser maybe Mario can move to the next level and fight Thanos.

and what makes you think that mario is in anyway ready to take on thanos?

kingmyth
06-21-2014, 04:18 PM
and what makes you think that mario is in anyway ready to take on thanos?

I was thinking the Star Man Item and he has Luigi with him.

Deathstroke the Terminator
06-21-2014, 04:21 PM
No, the best they could hope for is a quick death.

master of read
06-21-2014, 04:23 PM
I was thinking the Star Man Item and he has Luigi with him.

and what will that do exactly?

kingmyth
06-21-2014, 04:38 PM
and what will that do exactly?

Make them Invincible for the final battle against Thanos.

Mario has Item that can help, Do you even play Mario games?.

Primetime Harder
06-21-2014, 04:39 PM
I was thinking the Star Man Item

All Thanos has to do is teleport him over a bottomless pit.

master of read
06-21-2014, 04:39 PM
Make them Invincible for the final battle against Thanos.

Mario has Item that can help, Do you even play Mario games?.

yes i do play mario games.

and again i ask, what exactly can mario do to thanos?

master of read
06-21-2014, 04:40 PM
All Thanos has to do is teleport him over a bottomless pit.

or re-arrange his molecules.

or mind rape him.

or just wait until it runs out.

kingmyth
06-21-2014, 04:51 PM
What?, you mean Bowser cannot compare to Thanos?.

Bowser has powerful magic how can he not compare to him. Hell in Mario RPG they were dealing with Smithy who was even more powerful then Bowser.

MorphyVSFischer
06-21-2014, 04:55 PM

Bowser has powerful magic how can he not compare to him. Hell in Mario RPG they were dealing with Smithy who was even more powerful then Bowser.

Thanos has directly resisted reality warping. He shrugs off planet destroying attacks trivially.

master of read
06-21-2014, 04:57 PM

bowser, a guy who's whole plan to is kidnap a princess on over a dozen occasions and is always beaten by a chubby plumber.

thanos is a guy who shatters planets as a side effect of his fist fights, treats class 100+ bricks like hulk and thor like total jokes, and on at least 2 separate occasions became god of the marvel universe.

you are really trying to compare bowser to thanos. really? you think that there really is something to compare?

that's like trying to compare cobra commander to dr. doom.

kingmyth
06-21-2014, 05:00 PM
Thanos has directly resisted reality warping. He shrugs off planet destroying attacks trivially.

Smithy was a real danger, his first form was very powerful, second form even more powerful.

His creations were also powerful, Mack, Bowyer, Yaridovich, and the Axem Rangers.

master of read
06-21-2014, 05:03 PM
Smithy was a real danger, his first form was very powerful, second form even more powerful.

His creations were also powerful, Mack, Bowyer, Yaridovich, and the Axem Rangers.

i've played super mario RPG. they were only powerful in relation to everything and everyone else in the mario-verse.

compared to marvel, they aint worth the avengers' time.

kingmyth
06-21-2014, 05:06 PM
compared to marvel, they aint worth the avengers' time.

Queen Valentina would most likely be enough for the marvel characters.

If Mario put on all three caps from Mario 64 with the use of a star man, he could win.

Have you seen the Bowser battles in the Mario Galaxy games.

master of read
06-21-2014, 05:09 PM
Queen Valentina would most likely be enough for the marvel characters.

If Mario put on all three caps from Mario 64 with the use of a star man, he could win.

Have you seen the Bowser battles in the Mario Galaxy games.

yes and they are nothing compared to what thanos can do and has survived. and those caps dont protect mario from getting mind raped or turned into a pickle by thanos.

and valentina would get stomped by strange.

kingmyth
06-21-2014, 05:11 PM
yes and they are nothing compared to what thanos can do and has survived. and those caps dont protect mario from getting mind raped or turned into a pickle by thanos.

and valentina would get stomped by strange.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fYGYljLmV4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3I_wnZvvFU

Bowser is not weak?, Mario is like one of the most powerful video game characters, think of him as Superman of games.

master of read
06-21-2014, 05:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fYGYljLmV4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3I_wnZvvFU

Bowser is not weak?, Mario is like one of the most powerful video game characters, think of him as Superman of games.

thanks for that. call me when bowser and mario can shatter planets from the shockwave of their punches.

again, i will ask, what exactly can mario do to thanos?

The Drunkard Kid
06-21-2014, 05:17 PM
I know that some versions of the Mario Brothers are from Brooklyn, but I'm pretty sure none of them were members of the NYPD.

master of read
06-21-2014, 05:18 PM
drax and thanos destroy a planet as a side effect of their fight.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/35308/2264667-iron_man_055_16.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/35308/2264668-iron_man_055_17.jpg

it should be noted that this was a long time ago and thanos has had a lot of power ups since this battle.

master of read
06-21-2014, 05:23 PM
thanos takes surfer's best shot.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/103729/3554375-5658965161-27956.jpg

kingmyth
06-21-2014, 05:26 PM
thanks for that. call me when bowser and mario can shatter planets from the shockwave of their punches.

again, i will ask, what exactly can mario do to thanos?

Bowser is a good fighter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE5u_2fh5L0

Giga Bowser was Invincible in Smash Bros Brawl.

master of read
06-21-2014, 05:30 PM
Bowser is a good fighter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE5u_2fh5L0

Giga Bowser was Invincible in Smash Bros Brawl.

i dont see no planets shattering or owning class 100 bricks. all i see is a fire breathing lizard with average intelligence.

still waiting for you to tell me what you to tell me what mario can do to thanos.

kingmyth
06-21-2014, 05:33 PM
i dont see no planets shattering or owning class 100 bricks. all i see is a fire breathing lizard with average intelligence.

still waiting for you to tell me what you to tell me what mario can do to thanos.

I feel defeat master of read, maybe Bowser is not as powerful as I thought he was.

Atleast you gotta admit Smithy is a step up from Bowser http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIF_khiW1Ao

master of read
06-21-2014, 05:34 PM
I feel defeat master of read, maybe BOwser is not as powerful as I thought he was.

Atleast you gotta admit Smithy is a step up from Bowser http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIF_khiW1Ao

a step up but still a speck to thanos.

Ultra_Sonic
06-21-2014, 05:35 PM
Kingmyth, I know you like Mario, but all the characters in both Mario and Sonic games (both good guys and bad guys) couldn't do SQUAT to Thanos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZaibqceUs0

Starting at 0:39, this is all that Thanos would have to do to dispatch the Mario Bros.

As for the Starman? If I remember correctly, in New Super Mario Bros. DS, even the Starman powerup didn't do squat to Bowser (final boss).

kingmyth
06-21-2014, 05:37 PM
a step up but still a speck to thanos.

You seen the spells Smithy has.

ULtra-Sonic is that so?, running out of Ideas now.

master of read
06-21-2014, 05:40 PM
You seen the spells Smithy has.

ULtra-Sonic is that so?, running out of Ideas now.

none of which can do jack shit to thanos or have you not been reading posts?

kingmyth
06-21-2014, 05:41 PM
none of which can do jack shit to thanos or have you not been reading posts?

Yes I re-read every post.

Feel defeated now.

master of read
06-21-2014, 05:43 PM
Yes I re-read every post.

Feel defeated now.

which is what the mario universe will be when thanos is done. if he doesn't kill them all to impress death again.

kingmyth
06-21-2014, 05:46 PM
which is what the mario universe will be when thanos is done. if he doesn't kill them all to impress death again.

Well it ends with Thanos winning.

Thanos: This time everyone loses! HAHAHAHA!.

Enterprise E
06-21-2014, 05:47 PM
Actually, if you allow Mario all of his items and abilities, he could possibly beat Thanos, but a lot of things would have to go right for that to happen. First of all, he would need the Stopwatch to stop time. That would freeze Thanos and stop him from doing any number of things to Mario, and even then, it would be a fast draw and/or hope that Thanos doesn't go for a quick kill and teleport him somewhere at the word "go" assuming he's faster than Mario, which he likely is. Then Mario would need the Invincibility Star. Given that it is a one-hit kill on anything it touches (it's never been seen on bosses but given that the Gold Flower was a one-hit kill on everything in New Super Mario Bros. 2, including Bowser in one of the downloadable episodes, my guess is that it can deal with bosses, too. He would then need to kill Thanos while the Titan was still under the effect of the Stopwatch. Without the Stopwatch and Invincibility Star/Starman combination, I can't see Mario beating Thanos. It's doable, but a lot of things have to go right and while Thanos would not have to be stupid to lose, he would have to underestimate Mario in order for Mario to have a real shot at beating him.

Edit: With what he has available in the Super Mario Galaxy games, though, Mario could not defeat Thanos without Thanos being a complete idiot and allowing Mario to run into him while Rainbow Star powered.

master of read
06-21-2014, 05:55 PM
Actually, if you allow Mario all of his items and abilities, he could possibly beat Thanos, but a lot of things would have to go right for that to happen. First of all, he would need the Stopwatch to stop time. That would freeze Thanos and stop him from doing any number of things to Mario, and even then, it would be a fast draw and/or hope that Thanos doesn't go for a quick kill and teleport him somewhere at the word "go" assuming he's faster than Mario, which he likely is. Then Mario would need the Invincibility Star. Given that it is a one-hit kill on anything it touches (it's never been seen on bosses but given that the Gold Flower was a one-hit kill on everything in New Super Mario Bros. 2, including Bowser in one of the downloadable episodes, my guess is that it can deal with bosses, too. He would then need to kill Thanos while the Titan was still under the effect of the Stopwatch. Without the Stopwatch and Invincibility Star/Starman combination, I can't see Mario beating Thanos. It's doable, but a lot of things have to go right and while Thanos would not have to be stupid to lose, he would have to underestimate Mario in order for Mario to have a real shot at beating him.

Edit: With what he has available in the Super Mario Galaxy games, though, Mario could not defeat Thanos without Thanos being a complete idiot and allowing Mario to run into him while Rainbow Star powered.

that there is a no limits fallacy.

Ultra_Sonic
06-21-2014, 06:15 PM
that there is a no limits fallacy.

For instance, as I previously noted, the Starman didn't do squat to Final Bowser in New Super Mario Bros. DS.

master of read
06-21-2014, 06:20 PM
For instance, as I previously noted, the Starman didn't do squat to Final Bowser in New Super Mario Bros. DS.

you're learning.

Ultra_Sonic
06-21-2014, 06:34 PM
you're learning.

Another example: Palmtree Panic Zone, Act III (Sonic CD). There is a way you can carry an Invincibility power-up before you get to Eggman, but that Invincibility won't be one-shotting Eggman. Invincibility power-ups (Sonic Sparks and Mario Starman) are generally meant for normal enemies.

Enterprise E
06-21-2014, 07:27 PM
It was never available for use against Final Bowser in New Super Mario Bros. DS if I remember correctly. Only the Mega Mushroom was. And I've played New Super Mario Bros. many times and have used the Mega Mushroom to take him down but never remember having the option of using a Starman.

Enterprise E
06-21-2014, 07:30 PM

The Starman was never available for use against the final Bowser in New Super Mario Bros. DS as far as I remember. Only the Mega Mushroom was. And I have played New Super Mario Bros. DS many times, along with playing the final level and never remembered being able to use the Starman against him. And I tried a lot of powers against Bowser and Bowser Jr.

master of read
06-21-2014, 07:31 PM
It was never available for use against Final Bowser in New Super Mario Bros. DS if I remember correctly. Only the Mega Mushroom was. And I've played New Super Mario Bros. many times and have used the Mega Mushroom to take him down but never remember having the option of using a Starman.

doesn't mean it could kill thanos like everyone else in the mario verse, considering all the things that he's been hit with and affected by.

Seto Kaiba
06-22-2014, 02:17 PM

Did.....Did you seriously compare Thanos to Bowser??

I like Bowser...I really do. I think he's a pretty badass villian.

But Thanos is on a whole other level.

The MunchKING
06-22-2014, 02:48 PM
The Starman was never available for use against the final Bowser in New Super Mario Bros. DS as far as I remember. Only the Mega Mushroom was. And I have played New Super Mario Bros. DS many times, along with playing the final level and never remembered being able to use the Starman against him. And I tried a lot of powers against Bowser and Bowser Jr.

http://www.memefrontier.com/sites/default/files/meme/animated-gifs-hammer-bros-mario-enters-death-star.gif

Primetime Harder
06-22-2014, 03:14 PM
http://www.memefrontier.com/sites/default/files/meme/animated-gifs-hammer-bros-mario-enters-death-star.gif

I can hear the sound effect and everything.

The Drunkard Kid
06-22-2014, 03:17 PM
Ever if invincibility power ups worked on a guy who is literally immune to Death by Her own personal decree, Mario would be unlikely to cross distance and land a hit before being teleported halfway across the universe.

OTOH, if he knew that it would kill him for sure, Thanos might just teleport Mario into a grateful hug.

Amibo_Amore
06-22-2014, 09:09 PM
For anyone who's played the Mario RPGs (especially Paper Mario 2), Mario would probably win through that cliche "power of friendship and hope" moment. Just when all hope seems lost, and when Mario is drawing his last breath, all of his friends would start cheering him on. He would get some sort of "super boost" from the Grand Stars, which would then weaken Thanos' ultimate power, allowing the final battle to commence.

master of read
06-22-2014, 09:18 PM
For anyone who's played the Mario RPGs (especially Paper Mario 2), Mario would probably win through that cliche "power of friendship and hope" moment. Just when all hope seems lost, and when Mario is drawing his last breath, all of his friends would start cheering him on. He would get some sort of "super boost" from the Grand Stars, which would then weaken Thanos' ultimate power, allowing the final battle to commence.

and thanos will casually bitch slap him because he's thanos and thanos only loses when he wants to.

Primetime Harder
06-22-2014, 10:02 PM

If this were a Mario game, probably.

But the Plot Gods of CBR are pitiless, and care only for raw power. Which Thanos has over Mario in spades.

abmccray
06-23-2014, 06:45 AM
I have thought about this, and Mario -might- be able to win; but only the Paper version.

- Firstly, he needs has Paper Mario dimension flipping ability, with a no self-BFR rule, similar to Nightcrawler (so he can go in that dimension to affect Thanos from an unreachable place)
- He needs to have the time manipulation items from paper Mario activated so that he can act before Thanos
- The Catch Card from Super Paper Mario to take Thanos' soul

So, yeah, with a weird combo, there's a small possibility he can win.

However, you run into that "what is the strongest thing the catch card worked on/well does Thanos show that he can resist having his soul stolen" argument with that.

Cody
06-23-2014, 08:26 AM
and thanos will casually bitch slap him because he's thanos and thanos only loses when he wants to.

Or when up against Skyfather+ level beings or someone so fast that they could phase through him and take all of his organs out before he could process a thought. But that's really about it yea.

Patchmadripoor
06-23-2014, 02:10 PM
Let's not forget that after all that power up and bluster, Mario would need to be able to hit his target.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b297/Bubbleuk/ThanosQuest1-34.jpg

It's Thanos' whim to take the shot or not, or let Mario waste the build up on the miss.

Enterprise E
06-23-2014, 03:44 PM
Let's not forget that after all that power up and bluster, Mario would need to be able to hit his target.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b297/Bubbleuk/ThanosQuest1-34.jpg

It's Thanos' whim to take the shot or not, or let Mario waste the build up on the miss.

That's what the Stop Watch or any of Mario's other time stop powers are for, to make sure that when he goes for the KO, he won't miss, because he'll only get one shot.

Primetime Harder
06-23-2014, 03:56 PM
That's what the Stop Watch or any of Mario's other time stop powers are for, to make sure that when he goes for the KO, he won't miss, because he'll only get one shot.

He won't even get the one. This is bloodlusted Thanos; he's not going to screw around. Remember that this is the guy who smacks down the Silver Surfer when he isn't being serious.

Enterprise E
06-24-2014, 06:12 AM
The Stop Watch or any of Mario's other time stop powers stop time. And if Mario is in his normal form, which is now known to be his Super Mario form, given what we've seen in many games, he can absorb a transmutation hit before dying (the Magikoopas fire blasts that transmute objects into enemies and Mario only suffers normal damage from that). The question will be how Thanos deals with Mario from the start, and that will determine whether or not Mario can win. If Thanos goes for teleportation, he'll win via ring out/ten count. If he goes for something else, he runs the risk of running into the time stop, invincibility combo. Everything depends on what Thanos does from the word "go". If he realizes the danger Mario can pose with the Stop Watch/time stop power and invincibility star combination, he should win. However, only I and maybe one other brought it up in this thread, which means that the combination may not be common knowledge. If Thanos does not have that common knowledge of Mario, or merely knows that Mario has a lot of powers but does not know how all of the combinations can work to defeat him, he may try to go for transmutation or a conventional stomping, which will give Mario a chance to perform his combination and win, especially if he also has the Star/Peach Beam, wishes of his friends, and the Pure Hearts to weaken Thanos so that an Invincibility Star power-up hit will KO him. The question here is what bloodlusted Thanos will do since bloodlust to me means kill as quickly as possible with your most surefire technique. With that in mind, will Thanos go for transmutation or trying to crush him with a single blow, or will he go for teleportation for the ring out and give himself some room against a time stop? That is what this entire battle hinges on.

The Drunkard Kid
06-24-2014, 07:31 AM
The thing is, all those things are unlikely to affect a guy who is able to survive and undo reality itself auto-killing/transmuting him while traveling through dimensions and flat out ignore the Silver Surfer's best shot several huge power ups ago.

And that's even disregarding that Death Herself is probably still banning him from dying and that Thanos had around a billion things he could do to Mario at the opening Bell, including mind wiping him, tansmuting him more than once, blasting him more than once, transmuting/blasting the ground into lava, shattering the planet, teleporting Mario somewhere inhospitable (though he'll be heard pressed to find any place more hazardous than "in front of a bloodlusted Thanos"), etc., etc., ad nauseum.

Bullet Sniper
06-24-2014, 11:23 AM
And suddenly, Mario is in the mythological-figure league with people like Herakles and Yi The Excellent Archer.

hey man i love mario and all, but even he shouldn't be compared to truly TRULY great and bigger-than-life figures like Heracles and Yi.

Amibo_Amore
06-24-2014, 02:54 PM
With all this talk about Thanos, it'll be interesting to see what he brings to the table in Guardians of the Galaxy and The Avengers 2.

Bullet Sniper
06-24-2014, 05:37 PM
Anyways, Mario with the right items and the right conditions should beat the crap out of him. Otherwise, Thanos probably wins.

Mario doesn't deserve this.

master of read
06-24-2014, 06:21 PM
Anyways, Mario with the right items and the right conditions should beat the crap out of him. Otherwise, Thanos probably wins.

Mario doesn't deserve this.

what items? just curious.

Bullet Sniper
06-24-2014, 07:25 PM
what items? just curious.

what Enterprise E already mentioned.

Mario in the grand scheme of things is an extremely powerful and tough character not to be trivially fucked with.

master of read
06-24-2014, 07:27 PM
what Enterprise E already mentioned.

Mario in the grand scheme of things is an extremely powerful and tough character not to be trivially fucked with.

and like TDK mention, most, if not all of that stuff wont affect thanos.

Primetime Harder
06-24-2014, 08:02 PM
and like TDK mention, most, if not all of that stuff wont affect thanos.

It would not surprise me at all if Mario tried using the time-stop watch, only for Thanos to teleport behind him and punch him straight through the planet.

Enterprise E
06-25-2014, 05:27 AM
And why would the Stop Watch fail to affect Thanos? Has Thanos shown himself to be immune to time stop? Also, there are also other time stop abilities that Mario has, and those have worked even on final bosses, if not necessarily reliably.

Slade1
06-25-2014, 06:27 AM
And why would the Stop Watch fail to affect Thanos? Has Thanos shown himself to be immune to time stop? Also, there are also other time stop abilities that Mario has, and those have worked even on final bosses, if not necessarily reliably.

He wouldn't get the chance to use the Stop Watch. Thanos vaporizes, transmutes or BFRs Mario before he can even do anything.

Dark Soul # 7
06-25-2014, 06:36 AM
Best chance Mario has of winning is to offer up a bunch of super mushrooms, fire flowers and starmen for Thanos to use as pot and hope that the mad titan will take the offering and leave.

If Thanos does accept it the Pimp Hand has a new activity. 70's show style circle discussion!

The Drunkard Kid
06-25-2014, 07:13 AM
Even discounting his ability to ignore/undo multiple universes warping him in a variety of unsurvivable manners as part of their fundamental natures, literally on the grounds of "because Thanos," even if Mario successfully hits him with a timestop before Thanos destroys him with a thought, all that would do is give the plumber a few extra subjectice seconds to deal with the fact that he's facing off with someone more durable and resistant than any of the Worlds he'd Super Mario'd on.

Basically, if walking around with the Invincibility Star doesn't instantly kill the planet he's on, Matio hadn't brought enough gun to match attacks that Thanos mostly ignores.

Cody
06-25-2014, 07:47 AM
Basically, if walking around with the Invincibility Star doesn't instantly kill the planet he's on, Matio hadn't brought enough gun to match attacks that Thanos mostly ignores.

Even if it did that really would do much to Thanos either really...seriously I think he'd only feel a Star or SS buster at this rate.

Enterprise E
06-25-2014, 08:47 AM
Even if it did that really would do much to Thanos either really...seriously I think he'd only feel a Star or SS buster at this rate.

And that is what the Star/Peach Beam, wishes from his friends, and the Pure Hearts would be for; weakening Thanos to the point where the invincibility star would be enough to take down the Titan, if not actually kill him. The Pure Hearts alone neutralized the power of Super Dimentio, a being that had been invincible and would have destroyed all realities and allowed Mario and friends to beat him, so who knows what it may do to Thanos's powers. It's not the time stop plus invincibility alone that gives Mario a chance, it's also the other powers I just mentioned. Each one alone isn't enough. Combined, though, that may be a different story.

Ultra_Sonic
06-25-2014, 09:07 AM

This is a funny photo. I did not even know there was a Hammer Suit for Mario in SMB3.