PDA

View Full Version : Colonial Warriors vs Imperial Stormtroopers

red winter
05-01-2014, 10:59 AM
Imagine if the Empire attacked the 12 colonies from Battlestar Galactica,who do you think would win the battle between the Empire & the twelve colonies?

The MunchKING
05-01-2014, 11:02 AM
Just stormtroopers or the whole imperial military might? Because unless "12 colonies" is nonindicative naming, then I'm not seeing how colonies could stand up to a Galaxy-level war machine.

Jonathan
05-01-2014, 11:57 AM
From what I remember of the nBSG series, they didn't have a very wide variety of infantry weapons, so I would imagine the stormtroopers will probably win this with more powerful and more diverse weapons.

Hiromi
05-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Going strictly by the wording of the OP? The Empire smothers the colonies under sheer weight of numbers without getting into one single other thing.

Captain Midnight
05-07-2014, 11:00 PM
It would be a kicking fight to see

Bluekey
05-07-2014, 11:32 PM
The empire has well over a million worlds under their command.......the twelve colonies...have 12?

The Immortal Watch Dog
05-08-2014, 12:03 AM
The empire has well over a million worlds under their command.......the twelve colonies...have 12?

No longer canon. Not like it matters, Galactica has two things going for it, fighters that are more mobile and maneuverable than TIE's and their rather nasty ftl which when used creatively can be all kinds of bad for an enemy when you have that many nuclear bombs ready to deploy.

And honestly, even if with the really low end crap from the clone wars cartoon series it should be a hilariously one sided murder in space. Or worse comes to worse if Vader loses a few ISD's too many to nukes (unlikely) he just orders the executor to move slightly to the left and sweeps away a few battlestars to hammer home just how badly this is going to end.

In a land battle colonial troops should dominate ST's also I think the colonies had insanely dense populations for their planets meaning they are going to be outnumbered and outgunned..

uunnttill Vader has the fleet yards over Picon blasted into tiny bits and pulls a colony drop, or until they start bombarding cities to thin out the numbers.

Edit- Forgot about imperial walkers, Colonial soldiers can kill ST;s just fine, what they can't do is put the larger walkers down.

Bluekey
05-08-2014, 01:22 AM
No longer canon. Not like it matters, Galactica has two things going for it, fighters that are more mobile and maneuverable than TIE's and their rather nasty ftl which when used creatively can be all kinds of bad for an enemy when you have that many nuclear bombs ready to deploy.

And honestly, even if with the really low end crap from the clone wars cartoon series it should be a hilariously one sided murder in space. Or worse comes to worse if Vader loses a few ISD's too many to nukes (unlikely) he just orders the executor to move slightly to the left and sweeps away a few battlestars to hammer home just how badly this is going to end.

In a land battle colonial troops should dominate ST's also I think the colonies had insanely dense populations for their planets meaning they are going to be outnumbered and outgunned..

uunnttill Vader has the fleet yards over Picon blasted into tiny bits and pulls a colony drop, or until they start bombarding cities to thin out the numbers.

Edit- Forgot about imperial walkers, Colonial soldiers can kill ST;s just fine, what they can't do is put the larger walkers down.
Fine, even if it the eu is no longer cannon.....The empire is still made of thousands of worlds. Colonies are Hilariously outnumbered. I doubt this conflict would even register on vader's radar.

StupidMoniker
05-08-2014, 10:24 AM
Twelve shots from the Death Star would end this pretty quickly.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-08-2014, 10:48 AM

Hopefully they just give us the "pew pew pew".

The Immortal Watch Dog
05-08-2014, 02:20 PM
Fine, even if it the eu is no longer cannon.....The empire is still made of thousands of worlds. Colonies are Hilariously outnumbered. I doubt this conflict would even register on vader's radar.

I don't even think it matters, a single ISD battlegroup is enough, even with Clone Wars nerfing the piss out of everything

or Vader has his gunners get some target practice two days per world

Hopefully they just give us the "pew pew pew".

that's probably what will happen

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-08-2014, 02:34 PM
that's probably what will happen

Cthulhu can sleep happy then!

So long as steamships aren't involved.

The Immortal Watch Dog
05-08-2014, 02:48 PM
Cthulhu can sleep happy then!

So long as steamships aren't involved.

Clone Wars, really really screwed Wars post canon ruling.

I mean the EU was never allowed as evidence here but other sites yes and it's shifted things up to a huge degreee