PDA

View Full Version : Howard the Duck (2015-) #7 Spoilers

SuperCrab
05-05-2016, 12:16 AM
Lots of guest stars in this one- Spiderman, Steve Rodgers, Daredevil, She-Hulk, etc.. And dinosaurs!

I like the way this book gets away with skewering characters, premises, and storylines from various more prominent books in the actual dialogue and also in the editors notes. There's even an on-going in-joke knocking big crossover events (Specifically Secret Wars) and having to read other comics to understand whats in your hand.

I don't usually go for humor oriented comics, but I make an exception for Howard. Always liked his movie from the 80s- a beer guzzling, Playboy reading, orney duck who likes to complain at length. :) And these writers on the two volumes that started in 2015 (They retroactively explained the second #1 within the same year was because Howard now wears a hat, and has absolutely nothing to do with Secret Wars ;) ) seem genuinely funny writing in this setting.

I have essentially gotten all but two of the issues on sale from the last two volumes by, well, waiting for sales. Then I skipped #6 because I have no interest in the Squirrel Girl or reading the second part of a crossover with her book without the first part or buying both issues, and subscribed before #7 since the upcoming stories looked interesting and they got the regular price down to a more reasonable $3.99.

The cliffhanger at the end of #5 should make #8, where they get back to "the present" very interesting.

Any thoughts on this issue?

SuperCrab
05-05-2016, 05:41 PM
In general, are folks on this forum not into Howard the Duck? How about Marvel readers in general? Do his comics sell well?

SlimeBeherit
05-05-2016, 05:47 PM
This series has been one of my favorites since it came out last year, still is. I hope more people pick it up, cause it's too good to get cancelled.

Slicknickshady
05-15-2016, 03:28 PM
So nervous for issue #8. Speculation is Bev is dead and that will kill me.