PDA

View Full Version : What should happen to the X-men after X-men: Apocalypse?

forgotten_utopia
06-02-2016, 12:01 AM
So the movie is out, and it is not a huge hit in the boxoffice. what do you think will happen next?
I personnally liked the young actors (tye, alexandra & co); I would love to see more of them. here are 4 options:

Scenario 1: keep the rights, & do a new trilogy with the young actors (cyclops, jean, storm, kurt etc...)

Scenario 2: Keep the rights & move on based on deadpool reality. ( & introduce the other xmen somehow... )

Scenario 3: Share the rights with Marvel

Scenario 4: Sell the rights completly to Marvel.

MaddieGrey
06-02-2016, 12:07 AM
1 & 3. 2 works with 1 anyway and only results in making the X-men side characters to another lead. 4 results in nothing, but another reboot in a world that doesn't want/need/have room for them.

Confuzzled
06-02-2016, 12:12 AM
Ideally for me: Keep the rights and do a more faithful two-parter retelling of Phoenix Saga/Dark Phoenix Saga with the young cast (and McAvoy). Then have a big crossover film with the other Fox mutant properties like Deadpool, Gambit, New Mutants, X-Force and Wolverine/X-23.

Bl00dwerK
06-02-2016, 12:53 AM
I'm gonna say share the rights because that would get us a reboot...

Selina
06-02-2016, 01:19 AM
Your poll should have had: keep the rights and have a proper reboot.

The singerverse has been used for 16 years, its about time fox does a complete reboot

Man of Sin
06-02-2016, 01:20 AM
I'm gonna say share the rights because that would get us a reboot...

Who seriously wants an other origin story after Fox just finished with that?

Purplevit
06-02-2016, 01:22 AM
Keep the rights & move on based on deadpool reality. ( & introduce the other xmen somehow... )

Great chance to reboot everything like they did with Colossus. I hope Tatum`s Gambit will be in future with Deadpool.

Man of Sin
06-02-2016, 01:27 AM
Keep the rights & move on based on deadpool reality. ( & introduce the other xmen somehow... )

Great chance to reboot everything like they did with Colossus. I hope Tatum`s Gambit will be in future with Deadpool.

They didn't really reboot Colossus. They tried to get the old actor back.

Purplevit
06-02-2016, 01:55 AM
They didn't really reboot Colossus. They tried to get the old actor back.

They offered him only CGI/stunts. They wasn`t even planning to use his voice so I think we can count it as reboot of character.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-X-Men-Colossus-Turned-Down-Same-Role-Deadpool-75877.html

DurararaFTW
06-02-2016, 01:57 AM
1 and 2. MCU and FCU would both require a reboot to make the X-Men work for the latter two options, that would most assurdly not be worth it.

MaddieGrey
06-02-2016, 01:59 AM

Munn is in talks to play Psylocke in Deadpool, so #2 is already part of #1. The only change would be to make it all about Deadpool.

ChildOfTheAtom
06-02-2016, 02:08 AM
Remove Magneto Mystique Quicksilver Wolverine completely from the next movie and downgrade Professor X to a supporting character role.

Make the first movie ever about the actual X-Men and see how it goes (No more Wolverine/Mystique/Xavier/Magneto & The X-Men movies)

Purplevit
06-02-2016, 02:11 AM
Munn is in talks to play Psylocke in Deadpool

You say it because of article where she told that she would like to play Psylocke in Deadpool?
Or there were some better rumour?

MaddieGrey
06-02-2016, 02:12 AM
Remove Magneto Mystique Quicksilver Wolverine completely from the next movie and downgrade Professor X to a supporting character role.

Make the first movie ever about the actual X-Men and see how it goes (No more Wolverine/Mystique/Xavier/Magneto & The X-Men movies)

I say test that with New Mutants. Storm is involved. Replace Xavier with Jean, Jubes, Cyke, Nightcrawler or Quicksilver to build both teams. Its basically the MCU strategy.

Man of Sin
06-02-2016, 02:16 AM
They offered him only CGI/stunts. They wasn`t even planning to use his voice so I think we can count it as reboot of character.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-X-Men-Colossus-Turned-Down-Same-Role-Deadpool-75877.html

That's more like a different portrayal. Like what happened with Hulk after the Norton movie.

MaddieGrey
06-02-2016, 02:16 AM
You say it because of article where she told that she would like to play Psylocke in Deadpool?
Or there were some better rumour?

Actually, maybe I was too definitive with my statement. She seems interested in doing it. (http://www.themarysue.com/olivia-munn-xforce-movie/)

AbnormallyNormal
06-02-2016, 02:21 AM
I voted for 3 because I think the comics/video games/toys/etc need it badly

But NO REBOOT keep the same cast we JUST GOT

God people why do you hate these actors so much? Give them a chance damn

Purplevit
06-02-2016, 02:27 AM
That's more like a different portrayal. Like what happened with Hulk after the Norton movie.

I am fine with it. I am more interested in a movie with recasted X-Team in future with a different portrayal then with Apocalypse teen cast.

Purplevit
06-02-2016, 02:28 AM
Actually, maybe I was too definitive with my statement. She seems interested in doing it. (http://www.themarysue.com/olivia-munn-xforce-movie/)

Everyone is interested in Deadpool movies after it`s success:p

dragonmp93
06-02-2016, 04:12 AM
By Deadpool's reality, do you mean the year 2016, i.e. the present ?.

MarvelMaster616
06-02-2016, 05:05 AM
There's no way Fox will ever sell the rights back to Marvel. Not unless they get into the kind of dire financial straits that Sony got into, which is highly unlikely. The success of Deadpool ensured that it really doesn't matter how X-men: Apocalypse performs. They still turn a hefty profit from the X-men franchise and so long as that continues, they'll keep making movies.

Right now, the status of the movies is uncertain after Wolverine 3. Once Jackman hangs his claws up, the whole franchise will be in flux. There's no clue as to whether JLaw, McAvoy, or Fassbender will be back. I get the sense they're going to step away, especially Fassbender. I think he wants to do more than comic book movies now.

While I think starting fresh with a reboot could work, I also think X-men: Apocalypse found a new generation of actors that could carry the franchise forward. Tye Sherriden, Sophie Turner, and Evan Peters each proved themselves capable of being the future of the franchise. Whatever movie comes after this ought to focus on them. Kinberg already said they're likely going to re-tell the Phoenix Force story that was so horribly botched by X3. So I think that's the next likely movie beyond Deadpool 2 that we can expect. However, I don't know if Sophie Turner has officially signed on for that. I think the only actor that is locked down is Tye Sherriden. Without any uncertainty with the cast, I think anything is possible.

If there is going to be a follow-up to X-men Apocalypse, it'll likely be in 2019, which gives Deadpool 2 and X-Force a chance to show what they can do. But after that, I think the franchise might be in need of a reboot. Without Jackman and many of the other actors that have carried this franchise for the past decade, it'll enter a sort of limbo. And there's a chance that X-men are in for a major decline unless Fox can reboot and reconfigure the vision for the franchise.

Tazpocalapse
06-02-2016, 05:29 AM
Unfortunately i would like to see Fox sell the rights back to Marvel. With the X-men back in Marvels hands we would get more merchandise and advertisement again. I don't believe the Fox-Men movies are worth the X-men being shafted because Marvel wants to focus on the Cinema IPs that it owns.

RCX
06-02-2016, 05:40 AM
Jean, Scott, Kurt and Pietro were the best part of the movie. I would have loved to see them beat up the Weapon X soldiers instead of Wolverine. We kept seeing so many pictures of them in the mall and all we got was a 5 seconds joke.

Storm was meh, I guess she has to stay because, you know, it's Storm. But what was really nice about this movie is that we finally saw some team work. That's what X fans want, a team.

Phoenix Avatar
06-02-2016, 05:49 AM
I don't care who has the rights. I just want a reboot.

Franchise408
06-02-2016, 05:56 AM
Option 1 is the only logical choice.

Keep the rights and make a new set of movies with the younger cast.

The series is right in the ready stages of launching an entire expanded universe. There's no need for a reboot, the movies have already reset everything with a new timeline with a clean slate, and a perfect introduction for a more traditional team going forward. The gates have also been opened for more comic book friendly costumes and battles. Singer has also already decided to step aside going forward. There is literally nothing that a reboot can offer at this point in time, and should not even be considered as an option.

Wolverine 3 will play Old Man Logan, and bring Wolverine's arc to a close, also likely introducing X23 . Then you can have Gambit come out, establish him, and his connection to Mr. Sinister , and then set him up to join the new X-Men team. Perhaps have the next X-Men movie be Mutant Massacre, which will bring Gambit to the X-Men by the end. While the rest of the team distrusts him, Storm will have a soft spot for him, due to her own past as a Horseman. This would give a brilliant opportunity for some needed Storm development.

Not sure if I want another Phoenix Saga or not. Apocalypse is already getting crushed for being a "rehash", it'd be pretty bad to see an entire story arc rehashed.

I'm not as interested in New Mutants or X-Force, quite honestly. But they are obviously part of the universe expansion.

Wind Rider
06-02-2016, 07:33 PM
Preferably 4 or will settle for 3. MCU movies have just been a lot done better.

ariwl1
06-02-2016, 07:46 PM
I was hoping for a beach party myself.

Ser Pounce
06-02-2016, 08:07 PM
I would like them to sell the rights back. I used to think that it was better with Fox but I was wrong. That last movie was not good. Other X-Men were alright but nothing great. I don't see any hope any more with Fox. Disney can't do worse.

Plus the return of TV, merchandise, advertising, etc. would be a long overdue welcome. And the only way to get that would be options 3 or 4.

DayDreamer009
06-02-2016, 08:40 PM
Keep Deadpool as is, intro Cable and XF eventually as planned. At the same time reboot the core X-Men from the beginning with the O5. Now you have two seperate X groups moving on the same timeline just at different points in that same timeline. As the O5 movies start to build the universe you can have the repercussions of what is going on there, effect the XF and Cable movies. This will be the catalyst for time travel and you can have Cable and XF travel back to interact with the O5/Storms team/NM like in the cartoon when something would happen, Nathan would go back to fix it. This could work out really cool because of coarse you could have some XM travel back to the future sans Cable and that's where the cosmic stuff like the Shiar, brood, star-jammers.

AdamFTF
06-02-2016, 09:03 PM
New trilogy with the young cast. Keep Magneto out of it for a while and push Mystique and Xavier more into the background. The first X-Men trilogy focused on Wolverine. The second one focused on Charles, Eric and Raven. Have the next one focus on Scott and Jean. Start with Mr. Sinister but end it with Dark Phoenix.

Also, more Jubilee. But that's more of a personal choice.

Bergman
06-02-2016, 09:24 PM
There was nothing wrong with where they were left off. Seriously the last two X-men movies were great and Apocalypse worst crime is feeling more like an average movie. Recast if you need to but rebooting would be foolish. And an X-men movie set in the 90's could be awesome.

Tazirai
06-02-2016, 10:14 PM
Munn is in talks to play Psylocke in Deadpool, so #2 is already part of #1. The only change would be to make it all about Deadpool.

And get her out of that silly ass cosplay Jim lee suit.

I chose share the rights. Let the X-men be shared. Have FOX produce and distribute, and MCU direct.

MaddieGrey
06-02-2016, 10:23 PM
And get her out of that silly ass cosplay Jim lee suit.

I chose share the rights. Let the X-men be shared. Have FOX produce and distribute, and MCU direct.

Oh that costume....Its funny that she didn't insist on making her whole head purple instead just streaks. Where was that authenticity?

I wanted to choose 1 and 3. I think they should share the rights, but I want the new cast to get a shot as well.

STORM1977
06-02-2016, 10:38 PM

I like this idea

Indigo_Lady
06-02-2016, 11:05 PM
I want an end to Singer's constant focus on Magneto, Mystique and Wolverine, and I'd also like ADULT X-Men. This version feels more like X-Evolution, which I never cared for. I'd also like action figures and merchandise too. So yeah, I'd like to see Fox sell the rights to Marvel.

forgotten_utopia
06-02-2016, 11:54 PM
By Deadpool's reality, do you mean the year 2016, i.e. the present ?.

yes exactly.