PDA

View Full Version : Wolverine vs. The Lizard

themetropoliskid
05-01-2014, 01:55 PM
Wolverine (current+healing factor) http://marvel.com/universe/Wolverine_(James_Howlett)

Vs.

The Lizard http://marvel.com/universe/Lizard_(Curtis_Connors)

Who wins in a straight up arena fight?

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Lizard is fast and strong enough to put Spiderman on his back more often than not.

Wolverine has no chance here.

Hazard
05-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Lizard is consistently portrayed as a guy that's at least slightly faster and stronger than Spider-Man.

Wolverine would get stomped by Spider-Man.

This is his fight to lose.

Bluekey
05-01-2014, 04:35 PM
Can lizard even put Wolverine down? I think the regen carries Wolvie to victory.

Surtur
05-01-2014, 04:37 PM
Can lizard even put Wolverine down? I think the regen carries Wolvie to victory.

Wolverine can be KO'ed, and Lizard is pretty much going to be nigh impossible for Logan to actually hit. He certainly couldn't KILL Wolverine. But he could beat the hell out of him. He'd essentially have to stand there and not move and allow Wolverine to impale him in the stomach via claws in order for him to win.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-01-2014, 04:38 PM

Wolverine can be KO'ed with enough force. Seeing as how he'll never, ever, EVER, touch the Lizard, he can be hammered into submission as many times as needed. Simply put, this is a win via pseudo-infinite KO.

heretic
05-01-2014, 04:44 PM
To reiterate, blunt force can put Logan down enough for a ten-count... and there is always the 'tear out the heart' thing.

So yes, Curt takes this.

Hazard
05-01-2014, 04:48 PM
As many people have said, Wolverine may have awesome regen under normal circumstance but he can also get KO'ed by normal bunt force.

Something that has happened plenty of times through his career.

Bluekey
05-01-2014, 04:51 PM
I was under the impression that Wolverine had tagged speedy people before, hence my post. If he HASN'T......lol yeah he is going down.

Hazard
05-01-2014, 05:00 PM
I was under the impression that Wolverine had tagged speedy people before, hence my post. If he HASN'T......lol yeah he is going down.

He has.

It's just usually PIS or SMvsFL.

Usual Wolverine is a guy tough guy with regen, decent strength and peak human reflexes.

Good, yes. But not Spider-Man tier.

master of read
05-01-2014, 05:15 PM
He has.

It's just usually PIS or SMvsFL.

Usual Wolverine is a guy tough guy with regen, decent strength and peak human reflexes.

Good, yes. But not Spider-Man tier.

pretty much this. when peter is serious, he treats logan like a chump.

Guy1
05-01-2014, 05:38 PM
Killer Croc: "Woohoo! NOT ME!"

The Chou Lives
05-01-2014, 05:54 PM
Logan gets knocked the **** out.

Awesome-X
05-01-2014, 06:36 PM
The Lizard, being far faster and stronger should be able to easily KO Wolverine.

Postmania
05-01-2014, 06:41 PM
The Lizard gets to win something for once.

Eternal Torment
05-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Lizard demolishes Wolverine with ease. It'd be more even if it was ASM Lizard vs Wolverine, though.

Hiromi
05-01-2014, 07:05 PM
To reiterate, blunt force can put Logan down enough for a ten-count... and there is always the 'tear out the heart' thing.

So yes, Curt takes this.

And even when blunt force doesn't put him down instantly...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/9/98212/1781927-611890_world_war_hulk___x_men_002_019_super__1_.jp g

Jonathan
05-01-2014, 07:37 PM
Lizard is way too strong and fast for Logan.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-01-2014, 08:53 PM
That last panel ....

Looks like Wolverine needs some new Underoo's.

zhris
05-01-2014, 10:08 PM
The only real damage Wolverine would be able to do is with his adamantium skeleton as it passes through Curt's digestive system.

Len Ikari145
05-01-2014, 10:54 PM
pretty much this. when peter is serious, he treats logan like a chump.

Heck, even when he isn't serious, he treats him like a chump.

And this is what he does when Wolverine ticks him off.

So yeah , Lizard feasts on Wolverine's entrails.

The Drunkard Kid
05-02-2014, 04:55 AM
So, what will Lizard's lizard-brain effect have on a guy that already has to regularly remind himself that he's not a rabid animal?

master of read
05-02-2014, 05:49 AM
Heck, even when he isn't serious, he treats him like a chump.

And this is what he does when Wolverine ticks him off.

So yeah , Lizard feasts on Wolverine's entrails.

its almost like he conveniently forgets how friggin' strong peter is.

The Drunkard Kid
05-02-2014, 08:17 AM

Wolverine is the best there is at what he dies, and what he does best is antagonize people who could crumple him like paper in a head on confrontation.

Just ask Hulk and Cyclops.

Surtur
05-02-2014, 10:26 AM

To be honest though I'm surprised Spider-man was able to toss him through unbreakable glass made by Iron Man. Did Tony just not really try on purpose or..? He's no Reed, but I would think he could whip up glass able to withstand class 10-20 strength. Or maybe it was because this is Tony Stark and if he makes something and calls it unbreakable that means it is actually 100% breakable. He's like Bizarro in that way when it comes to building stuff for a specific purpose.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-02-2014, 10:39 AM
To be honest though I'm surprised Spider-man was able to toss him through unbreakable glass made by Iron Man. Did Tony just not really try on purpose or..? He's no Reed, but I would think he could whip up glass able to withstand class 10-20 strength. Or maybe it was because this is Tony Stark and if he makes something and calls it unbreakable that means it is actually 100% breakable. He's like Bizarro in that way when it comes to building stuff for a specific purpose.

Well, it's the same glass Karnak shattered recently, as well, so either this glass isn't unbreakable as one would hope, or they're stronger than we thought.

Surtur
05-02-2014, 10:42 AM
Well, it's the same glass Karnak shattered recently, as well, so either this glass isn't unbreakable as one would hope, or they're stronger than we thought.

Well he at least has the "see weak points" thing. It sounds like Spider-Man just punched Wolverine with enough force to shatter the glass.

bruceleegreyhulk
05-02-2014, 11:28 AM
and here I thought this was going to be a fight between actual lizard and a wolverine.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-02-2014, 11:36 AM
Well he at least has the "see weak points" thing. It sounds like Spider-Man just punched Wolverine with enough force to shatter the glass.

He threw him out the window, actually.

and here I thought this was going to be a fight between actual lizard and a wolverine.

"How many Lizards can Wolverine take?"

Hazard
05-02-2014, 11:37 AM
Comic book unbreakable glass is made to be broken.

Captain Morgan
05-03-2014, 01:37 PM
So going off of board standards, it is clear that Peter wipes the floor with Logan. He's also embarrassed the guy on more than one occasion. Now being fair Logan has some showings where Peter jobs to him, but it seems to have also been established that this is largely a matter of Peter's head working against him, and having some sort of fear of Wolverine. Similar to how he holds back against Cap out of hero worship. But when you give someone Spider-Man level stats and no reason to hold back, this fight will probably look like this...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/113883/2814487-avengingsm_16_thegroup_015.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111137054/3622323-03.jpg

The Drunkard Kid
05-03-2014, 10:59 PM
From the dialog, it looks like he's outsourced it.

It's likely just genetically "unbreakable," in order to keep normal durability people from jumping out of it or maybe protect from gunfire rather than something meant to keep out high end threats that might decide to break into the Avengers HQ, like Juggernaut, or a drunk Hercules.

wjowski
05-04-2014, 12:08 PM
Killer Croc: "Woohoo! NOT ME!"

New board, new rules. Wolverine is the new Killer Croc.

comic_book_fan
05-17-2014, 01:20 PM
the lizard is likely to takle wolverine if he does he gets a claw through his head.

big_adventure
05-17-2014, 01:23 PM
the lizard is likely to takle wolverine if he does he gets a claw through his head.

A dude who is faster and stronger than Peter Parker really isn't going to have the slightest problem ripping Logan's heart out before he can finish a SNIKT.

comic_book_fan
05-17-2014, 02:28 PM
A dude who is faster and stronger than Peter Parker really isn't going to have the slightest problem ripping Logan's heart out before he can finish a SNIKT. yes he will he will and normally lizard is just like an animal means he will scratch and bite at logan he won't use his advantages properly he will just rush logan and give logan plenty of time to take off his head and wolverine won't be that easy to knock out he has taken hits from hulk and thing both way above lizard.

MidTierHero
05-17-2014, 02:45 PM
Lizard isn't ripping out Wolverine's heart because of the adamantium skeleton. He'll go in close and inflict serious harm on Wolverine, but Wolverine will then tag him with the claws and heal.

abmccray
05-17-2014, 02:52 PM
A swipe from Lizard without PIS will rip out Wolverine's insides (guts, stomach, all that unprotected stuff) and fling them all across the arena. If he just went scratch crazy on him, he could pull off everything not attached, and pull out everything not covered by skeleton, and then eat it.

Current Lizard is quite intelligent, actually, no berserker here.

Matt the Manly
05-17-2014, 03:00 PM
wolverine won't be that easy to knock out he has taken hits from hulk and thing both way above lizard.
So according to you.....the times Logan even feels a hit from Cap/ Black Panther or heck even Spiderman, thats PIS ?

Either that or you are saying a hit from Hulk <A hit from Spiderman

heretic
05-17-2014, 03:39 PM
Lizard isn't ripping out Wolverine's heart because of the adamantium skeleton. He'll go in close and inflict serious harm on Wolverine, but Wolverine will then tag him with the claws and heal.Minor point of order. The ribcage will stop Connors easily enough, but the abdomen and diaphragm is quite soft enough to rip through considering the raw strength and claws involved. Added to the speed, Logan's advantages that usually let him handle those stronger and tougher than he are rather moot.

moonknight11
05-17-2014, 05:44 PM

Not the same glass. That one is supposed to be hulk-proof. This one not so much.

Hiromi
05-17-2014, 05:50 PM
Lizard isn't ripping out Wolverine's heart because of the adamantium skeleton. He'll go in close and inflict serious harm on Wolverine, but Wolverine will then tag him with the claws and heal.
Funny, I wasn't aware the Logan had a rib cage shaped like a sphere

Lizard can just as easily rip through his gut and reach inside his ripcage snagging his heart. Or just a big handful of whatever feels squishy enough

Omega
05-17-2014, 11:19 PM
Guys... just because I like to play devil's advocate: I constantly hear people whining about Deathstroke vs Flash PIS. So portrayal aside, does Lizard actually have any BT feats? I'd like to see some scans up in this here thread.

I'm still not arguing that Wolverine wins even if speed is equalized here btw. A class 20 should pretty much f*ck Logan's day right up. I've just never actually seen a scan of Lizard doing anything bullet-timey.

BitVyper
05-18-2014, 12:02 AM
I constantly hear people whining about Deathstroke vs Flash PIS.

By which, you presumably mean that you constantly see people rightfully pointing out that Deathstroke pegging Flash is drastically beyond his established limitations, and therefore falls under either SvsFL if Deathstroke suddenly has FTL superspeed, or PIS if it happened because Flash forgot HE has FTL superspeed. There's a huge magnitude of difference between suggesting that someone with years of portrayals establishing that they are in no way anything even close to the realm of relativistic speed, is suddenly an FTL speedster because of an incident with a character who is the Ur-example of PIS, and what's going on here. You're just drawing a false equivalence.

Not that it wouldn't be nice to see some Lizard feats.

Why is everyone so hurt about Deathstroke lately anyway?

Primetime Harder
05-18-2014, 12:09 AM
So portrayal aside, does Lizard actually have any BT feats? I'd like to see some scans up in this here thread.

Not that it wouldn't be nice to see some Lizard feats.

I third this motion.

big_adventure
05-18-2014, 12:49 AM
Well, the downside here is that Lizard generally no-sells bullets, so he doesn't bother dancing through them.

Most of his speed comes from fights with Spider-Man - and Peter routinely says that Lizard is faster than Pete himself is. Now, narrative and character statements are not really all that useful - they don't count as feats - but they are absolutely in keeping with what we see on panel and with the character's 50-year old presentation. Peter is smarter, more skilled and has spider-sense. Lizzie is faster, tougher and stronger.