PDA

View Full Version : Possible events for the "Spider-Future"

Ursalink
07-09-2016, 04:43 PM
Guys, I have been thinking about a few things coming at Marvel Universe and what it can mean for Spider-Man's world. Look, it's obvious Spidey is going to be involved in the Civil War, but as usual, I believe he's going to be mainly busy with his own problems to have a very important role after all. I mean, while the main heroes are going to be busy with the Civil War II, I guess Spidey could be trapped in the upcoming "Dead No More" story or something.

Well, anyway, I have read several things with info about the aftermath of Civil War II, and I want to share some of my suspictions. Let's see:

+ I don't know what is going to happen to Tony Stark, but it's obvious that is something really bad. If it wasn't, I doubt it would be possible for Doctor Doom take his name. Under normal circunstances, I would be really worried; but considering what happened after Secret Wars, I'll say it's uncomfortable, but acceptable. I mean, with the real Reed Richards busy reconstructing the multiverse and the evil/insane Ultimate Reed Richards in the new universe, I guess Doom is really trying to be a hero.

+ Anyway, what it worries me about Doom as the new Iron Man is Mary Jane. Maybe Doom is going to try redemption after all, but it's obvious that almost nobody is going to believe him. Mary Jane had some encounters with Doom in the past, so if Doom takes Tony's armors and company, Mary Jane won't want to stay working here at all. I really hope so. And with a little luck, this could bring her back to Spider-Man's books.

+ Kingpin is returning to New York. Honestly, it took him long enough after the events of the stinking "Superior Spider-Junk". With this, something tells me Black Cat is going to have serious problems. Putting aside Spider-Man, considering the story these two have, it's obvious Black Cat and Kingpin won't be able to have any kind of "deal" that will make both of them happy. So, clearly one of them will go down, and considering previous experiences, I wouldn't be surprised if Felicia ends really bad hurt.

+ Speaking of Felicia, I think the return of Doctor Octopus is another point of interest. I really hate Black Cat turned into a villain, all because of the stupid "Superior Spider-Junk", so I want her back into the good side somehow. I believe the return of Doctor Octopus could be the key. He's currently trapped inside the Living Brain, but the events of "Dead No More" seems to indicate he's going to recover his old body. (Possibly, a cloned body of his old self). Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if Octopus, once again a villain, will try to find an ally on Black Cat against Spider-Man and Parker Industries. Then, as in villain's nature, Ock betrays Black Cat, and then he says or do something just like the time the "Superior Spider-Junk" hit her and delivered her to the police; making her finally realize that the one who ruined her wasn't Spidey, but Octopus. Surely, Spidey will help her against Octopus and this could be the first step to turn her hero again.

Well, what do you think, people?

FF-Fighter
07-09-2016, 08:23 PM
I think Kingpin will come back and he will be too much for Blackcat, so she'll reluctantly need to go to Spidey for help. Then, she'll see that's she's been wrong about him and will switch sides again.

Ursalink
07-12-2016, 01:15 PM
I would have liked some more comments to my ideas, people. Well, anyway, after the recent revelations of the future series of "Marvel Now!", I have a few more suspictions that I want to share and know your opinions about them. Let's see:

1) "The Infame Iron Man": By the look of it, I would say I was right before. Something really bad is going to happen to Tony Stark, leaving him out of Iron Man's role, at least for now. Not only that, but it seems Stark Enterprises is going to be ruined after all, thanks to Tony's action against the Inhumans. So, it is obvious to assume Victor Von Doom is going to take the role of Iron Man, possibly trying to redempt himself as a hero. And it seems he's going to take everything from Tony: his armor, his name, his money and his role in the Avengers. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes the remains of Stark Enterprises and turn them into something like "Doom Universal" or something. Either way, it's obvious Mary Jane won't and Can't stay in this book any longer. So, wiht a little luck, she will return to Spider-Man's comics and possibly join Parker Industries.

2) "The Clone Conspiracy": I don't know what exactly is going to happen here, but all seems to aim that is going to be really big. It looks like they want to replace the official "Amazing Spider-Man" with this book, so I guess we can assume this is going to be a long story. It would be interesting if they officially restore somehow several of long time dead characters, like Ben Reilly, Madame Web and others. It seems this story is also going to be involved with alternative dimensions, so maybe there will be somekind of connection with the end of "Web Warriors" too.

3) "Silk": I didn't expected the return of Mattie Franklin here, but then again, this must be related with the Clone Conspiracy and the return from all the dead characters related with Spider-Man. So, I'm not so surprised. The cover, however, really confuses me. Aside from the fact that Jameson will discover Silk's secret identity and (somehow) adopt her, there's something weird about Mattie as well. I mean, Mattie Franklin was Jameson's niece, but he never knew she was a Spider-Woman. And it seems he didn't even know when she was killed by the Kravens in the Grim Hunt. But now it seems he knows that and he likes it. What in blazes is going on here?

4) "Spider-Man": Well, I'll be honest. I don't know what to think about this. I mean, in his reality, it's obvious Spider-Gwen's still a teenager; and compared with main Peter Parker, there is a remarkable difference in age between these two. Miles is closer to Gwen's age in this case, so they can actually work as a couple; not to mention the fact that they are from different realities after all. But of course, there's a big problem, and it's that I can't forget the relationship of Peter and classic Gwen. Not to mention realities like "House of M", with Peter and Gwen married; so I can't avoid to see this as awkward. One question here, What is Spider-Gwen doing in the main universe? This makes me suspect something bad is going to happen to her world. By the way, Miles and Gwen, doesn't make you think about how the Jackal (Miles Warren) had a crush on Gwen Stacy?

5) "Venom": Honestly, is this a joke? After so many years and stories, they want to turn Venom back into a villain? How stupid is that?!! Let's think about the consequences:
+ They can't turn Flash into villain or remove the symbiote from him, at least while he doesn't have his legs.
+ Merging Venom and Eddie Brock after so much time would be pathetic. So many years of character development just to turn back to square one.
+ Flash could then merge with Toxin and became "Agent Toxin", which might actually work; considering we saw Toxin with an outfit very similar to the original "Agent Venom". Of course, the problem is still the return of the classic Venom.
+ Mania could actually "evolve" and became the new "Venom", so we could have two Venoms as there are two of each character now (Captain America, Spider-Mna, Thor... etc).
They better don't try yo use it as a villain again versus Spider-Man, like in "Renew Your Vows", because is embarrasing returning to that after so much time.

Well, what do you think of this? I have more, but I will wait some comments.

Phantom Roxas
07-12-2016, 01:45 PM
I might make an extended response another time, but I feel like Mary Jane does need to go somewhere. Will she be in Invincible Iron Man or Infamous Iron Man? Both? I feel like Infamous might be a little more appropriate, especially since they joined up with Tony in the first arc of the previous volume of Invincible.

At the very least, I'd like Mary Jane to be a character in Infamous Iron Man, and then have that book cross over with Spider-Man. As in, Miles' book. Not sure how, but I do feel like they could touch on something about Secret Wars. Do we know when Bendis plans to do Spider-Men 2? Because Doom might be able to play a part in that, since he's largely responsible for Miles crossing over to the main universe. So you could set up some conflict between Doom and Miles, and have that allow Mary Jane to move over to Miles' book. As much as I'd prefer her to go back to being with Peter, I don't want her in ASM right now. But at least if she would be Miles' book, she'd be somewhere in the Spider-Man line.

Ursalink
07-12-2016, 02:02 PM
I might make an extended response another time, but I feel like Mary Jane does need to go somewhere. Will she be in Invincible Iron Man or Infamous Iron Man? Both? I feel like Infamous might be a little more appropriate, especially since they joined up with Tony in the first arc of the previous volume of Invincible.

At the very least, I'd like Mary Jane to be a character in Infamous Iron Man, and then have that book cross over with Spider-Man. As in, Miles' book. Not sure how, but I do feel like they could touch on something about Secret Wars. Do we know when Bendis plans to do Spider-Men 2? Because Doom might be able to play a part in that, since he's largely responsible for Miles crossing over to the main universe. So you could set up some conflict between Doom and Miles, and have that allow Mary Jane to move over to Miles' book. As much as I'd prefer her to go back to being with Peter, I don't want her in ASM right now. But at least if she would be Miles' book, she'd be somewhere in the Spider-Man line.

She can't stay with neither "Infame Iron Man" or "Invincible Iron Man". Mary Jane had previous encounters with Doctor Doom, and no matter how many times he says he changed, there's no way Mary Jane would accept to work for the one who has been Marvel's greatest supervillain until now. And with Star Enterprises destroyed, as I suspect, MJ will need to find a job in another place. And no matter how intelligent this Riri Williams is, she's just a teenager and she can't give MJ a new job. This is like Miles, Sam and Kamala leaving the Avengers for the Champions. (I wouldn't be surprised if they leave because of Doom in the first place).

ZephyrSurf
07-12-2016, 02:06 PM
Just cause Gwen might be in Miles book doesn't mean something happened to her universe. She universe hops all the time.

Phantom Roxas
07-12-2016, 02:23 PM
She can't stay with neither "Infame Iron Man" or "Invincible Iron Man". Mary Jane had previous encounters with Doctor Doom, and no matter how many times he says he changed, there's no way Mary Jane would accept to work for the one who has been Marvel's greatest supervillain until now. And with Star Enterprises destroyed, as I suspect, MJ will need to find a job in another place. And no matter how intelligent this Riri Williams is, she's just a teenager and she can't give MJ a new job. This is like Miles, Sam and Kamala leaving the Avengers for the Champions. (I wouldn't be surprised if they leave because of Doom in the first place).

Like how said about Riri, I agree that she wouldn't have much of a role in Invincible. I'm not sure about Infamous, but you're right, she wouldn't work with him. The most she could do is oppose him, but I'm really not sure how.

What I'm trying to get at is that I feel Bendis will still be using Mary Jane. I'm not sure in what book, though. But it could also depend on what happens after Civil War II.

Man of Sin
07-14-2016, 11:48 PM
3) "Silk": I didn't expected the return of Mattie Franklin here, but then again, this must be related with the Clone Conspiracy and the return from all the dead characters related with Spider-Man. So, I'm not so surprised. The cover, however, really confuses me. Aside from the fact that Jameson will discover Silk's secret identity and (somehow) adopt her, there's something weird about Mattie as well. I mean, Mattie Franklin was Jameson's niece, but he never knew she was a Spider-Woman. And it seems he didn't even know when she was killed by the Kravens in the Grim Hunt. But now it seems he knows that and he likes it. What in blazes is going on here?

JJJ found out Mattie was a superhero during Alias.

Ursalink
07-16-2016, 01:44 PM
JJJ found out Mattie was a superhero during Alias.

I checked that, you are right. Too bad I couldn't see Jonah confronting Mattie about the "Spider-Theme". I would have loved to see Jameson's head blowing up.

Still, there was no mention about Mattie's murder in Grim Hunt. So, if Mattie was so important for Jerk Jonah Jameson, why didn't he even notice it?

Phantom Roxas
07-16-2016, 01:51 PM
I checked that, you are right. Too bad I couldn't see Jonah confronting Mattie about the "Spider-Theme". I would have loved to see Jameson's head blowing up.

Still, there was no mention about Mattie's murder in Grim Hunt. So, if Mattie was so important for Jerk Jonah Jameson, why didn't he even notice it?

Because Slott was more concerned with having Marla's death be the center of Jonah's attention.

You raise a good point, that's not meant to disparage you, so I don't want you upset you, but really, the answer to your question can be summed up as "Skewed priorities."

Ursalink
07-16-2016, 02:03 PM
Because Slott was more concerned with having Marla's death be the center of Jonah's attention.

You raise a good point, that's not meant to disparage you, so I don't want you upset you, but really, the answer to your question can be summed up as "Skewed priorities."

Not upset at all, but when we talk about family, I don't think "priorities" is an acceptable word. I mean, the death of someone from your family is always a hard time, no matter if it's an uncle, a father or any other relative. And since he was trying to rise Mattie as his own "daugther", I think it would be even more important the death of a son/daugther than the death of your spouse.

Man of Sin
07-18-2016, 02:51 PM

Slott didn't write Grim Hunt and its aftermath. Mattie's death was editorial driven like baby May's, where they wanted a character dead and forgotten. This is because Quesada and Wacker wanted Anya Corazon to be in front as the inheritor to both Spider-man and the Spider-woman legacy, but Mattie already filled that role.

Caivu
07-18-2016, 03:33 PM
I really can't overstate how much I dislike Felicia right now. It's awful to say, but I want something horrible to happen to her. Another rematch with Silk, like just before Secret Wars, only much more... decisive now, shall we say? I'd be in.
Ultimately I want to see her turn good again, but I think she's gotten away with too much with too few consequences so far.

Ursalink
07-18-2016, 04:18 PM
I really can't overstate how much I dislike Felicia right now. It's awful to say, but I want something horrible to happen to her. Another rematch with Silk, like just before Secret Wars, only much more... decisive now, shall we say? I'd be in.
Ultimately I want to see her turn good again, but I think she's gotten away with too much with too few consequences so far.

Usually, I would agree with you about the punishment, pal; but I can't. I mean, this was all caused because Felicia thinks that Spider-Man (the man she loved for years), betrayed her in the most painful way. She didn't know the one who did that to her was actually Doctor Octopus usurping Spidey's body as the "Superior Spider-Junk". That betray (which never actually happened) is what caused Felicia fall into the wrong path. At least, until now, Felicia hasn't crossed the most important line. She didn't killed anyone, yet.

The only way to stop this is showing Black Cat something that will prove, without a doubt, that it was Doc Ock who did that to her, not Spider-Man. And since Doctor Ocotpus is apparently going to return after the "Dead No More" arc, this could be the perfect chance. Octavius could say or do something that will be very familiar to Felicia, probably something "Spider-Junk" said when he "betrayed her". That could finally prove her that it was Ock, not Spidey, who hurted her. Instantly, Black Cat will want to tear him apart; and I don't think Spider will have an objection. Then, Peter/Spidey will do something incredible to save her from either dying or fro jail, because he believes Felicia's actions weren't her fault after all. That compassion could cause Felicia to feel remorseful for her actions, and she would start a journey of redemption. Surely, Peter would make a deal with SHIELD to use her as an agent until doing her time.

Webhead
07-18-2016, 04:43 PM
She's a mob head, if she hasn't killed anyone directly, she at the very least has directed and condoned such actions. I don't think she's having a face turn anytime soon.

Ursalink
07-18-2016, 04:47 PM
She's a mob head, if she hasn't killed anyone directly, she at the very least has directed and condoned such actions. I don't think she's having a face turn anytime soon.

She has caused pain to people, there's no doubt about it, but I have been following her actions and nobody has died yet, either at her hands or her henchmen's hands.

Huntsman Spider
07-18-2016, 04:58 PM
Slott didn't write Grim Hunt and its aftermath. Mattie's death was editorial driven like baby May's, where they wanted a character dead and forgotten. This is because Quesada and Wacker wanted Anya Corazon to be in front as the inheritor to both Spider-man and the Spider-woman legacy, but Mattie already filled that role.

And Slott did actually address Mattie's death in the issue following Revenge of the Spider-Slayers' ending with Marla's death. The entirety (almost) of that following issue was Peter's guilt-induced nightmare where he was haunted by the faces of every single person he couldn't save, and Mattie was among them.

Ursalink
07-18-2016, 05:56 PM
And Slott did actually address Mattie's death in the issue following Revenge of the Spider-Slayers' ending with Marla's death. The entirety (almost) of that following issue was Peter's guilt-induced nightmare where he was haunted by the faces of every single person he couldn't save, and Mattie was among them.

Yes, Peter mourned her, of course. But at any moment I saw Jameson mourning the death of Mattie. That's what made me suspect he ignored her completely.

Huntsman Spider
07-19-2016, 03:46 PM
Yes, Peter mourned her, of course. But at any moment I saw Jameson mourning the death of Mattie. That's what made me suspect he ignored her completely.

Oh, that's what you meant. Then more accurately, Slott never addressed Jameson's reaction to Mattie's death, though with what's been teased for the Spider-Verse in October, it seems that'll be another dropped plot thread Robbie Thompson has to pick up. As for Black Cat, while she hasn't killed anyone yet, it's not been for lack of trying on her part and her callous disregard for life would at least prove intent if she were ever put on trial. I'd love to see her redeemed from this terrible stage in her life and characterization, but after some of the things she's done or tried to do, there'd have to be some kind of repercussions as well.

Ursalink
07-20-2016, 03:29 PM
Oh, that's what you meant. Then more accurately, Slott never addressed Jameson's reaction to Mattie's death, though with what's been teased for the Spider-Verse in October, it seems that'll be another dropped plot thread Robbie Thompson has to pick up. As for Black Cat, while she hasn't killed anyone yet, it's not been for lack of trying on her part and her callous disregard for life would at least prove intent if she were ever put on trial. I'd love to see her redeemed from this terrible stage in her life and characterization, but after some of the things she's done or tried to do, there'd have to be some kind of repercussions as well.

I'm not saying repercussions must fall because of Black Cat's actions, but I'm trying to adress them in the most human and understandable way. Just think about it: I t would be quite similar to the origin of Spider-Man in the first place. Why? let my explain it.

Back when Spider-Man received his powers, he tried to use them to gain money, that helped him to gain a lot of confidence on himself after years of being a victim of bullies like Flash Thompson back then. Then, one day, he left a thief run away just because it wasn't his problem. He was selfish, just because he didn't care about anyone but himself, now that he has the power of stop being smashed by others. Then, he discovered what happened to his Uncle Ben, and Peter was after the murderer as Spider-Man, blind by rage and possibly with the intention of killing him. Of course, with his power, Peter caught him, but then he discovered that it was the same thief he had let escape. His selfishness, his proud, and later his rage, made him commit a terrible mistake, and he was about to commit a even bigger one if he had killed the burglar.

In very similar ways, Black Cat is now in a situation quite similar to that. She believes Spider-Man betrayed him, and now she's blinded by her selfishness, her proud and her rage. But the truth is, Spider-Man never betrayed her in the first place. This is like you think someone killed someone you love, then you are blinded by rage and wish to kill the guy. But just when you are about to do it, you discover that he was innocent; and in fact, the one you think he killed is still alive. How would you feel about that, when you realize you were about to commit a terrible mistake for a wrong reason?

Someone has to prove Black Cat hat it was actually Octopus, not Spider-Man, who did that to her. Once she realize it, it's quite probable that she will suffer a change of heart about her actions. Besides, there's a big difference between what you did and what you tried to do. Somekind of punishment will be in order because of what SHE DID, but once she realize the truth, I'm pretty sure she will be tortured by her own conscience for what SHE TRIED to do.

Darthfury78
07-20-2016, 03:37 PM
I think Kingpin will come back and he will be too much for Blackcat, so she'll reluctantly need to go to Spidey for help. Then, she'll see that's she's been wrong about him and will switch sides again.

I always felt that Evil Queenpin Black Cat was just a setup for the Kingpins return to power. Afterall, all Felicia is doing is rebuilding Wilson Fisk's criminal empire which is tied to Dr. Tramma....

Huntsman Spider
07-20-2016, 04:06 PM
I'm not saying repercussions must fall because of Black Cat's actions, but I'm trying to adress them in the most human and understandable way. Just think about it: I t would be quite similar to the origin of Spider-Man in the first place. Why? let my explain it.

Back when Spider-Man received his powers, he tried to use them to gain money, that helped him to gain a lot of confidence on himself after years of being a victim of bullies like Flash Thompson back then. Then, one day, he left a thief run away just because it wasn't his problem. He was selfish, just because he didn't care about anyone but himself, now that he has the power of stop being smashed by others. Then, he discovered what happened to his Uncle Ben, and Peter was after the murderer as Spider-Man, blind by rage and possibly with the intention of killing him. Of course, with his power, Peter caught him, but then he discovered that it was the same thief he had let escape. His selfishness, his proud, and later his rage, made him commit a terrible mistake, and he was about to commit a even bigger one if he had killed the burglar.

In very similar ways, Black Cat is now in a situation quite similar to that. She believes Spider-Man betrayed him, and now she's blinded by her selfishness, her proud and her rage. But the truth is, Spider-Man never betrayed her in the first place. This is like you think someone killed someone you love, then you are blinded by rage and wish to kill the guy. But just when you are about to do it, you discover that he was innocent; and in fact, the one you think he killed is still alive. How would you feel about that, when you realize you were about to commit a terrible mistake for a wrong reason?

Someone has to prove Black Cat hat it was actually Octopus, not Spider-Man, who did that to her. Once she realize it, it's quite probable that she will suffer a change of heart about her actions. Besides, there's a big difference between what you did and what you tried to do. Somekind of punishment will be in order because of what SHE DID, but once she realize the truth, I'm pretty sure she will be tortured by her own conscience for what SHE TRIED to do.

That's an excellent point, come to think of it.

I always felt that Evil Queenpin Black Cat was just a setup for the Kingpins return to power. Afterall, all Felicia is doing is rebuilding Wilson Fisk's criminal empire which is tied to Dr. Tramma....

And yeah, since Kingpin is getting his own ongoing spinning out of his Civil War II miniseries, it's almost a fait accompli that he'll be bumping Felicia off her throne as the "Queenpin of Crime." It'll be very likely, at least to me, that if she wants to survive, she'll be forced to rely on Spider-Man, no matter how much she hates him for what (she thinks) "he" did to her.

CrimsonEchidna
07-20-2016, 06:19 PM
I'm wondering if that rumor/variant of Felicia getting the Venom Symbiote is going to end up being true?

I feel like having the Symbiote being the catalyst of her heel turn would've made way more sense than what was previous shown.

Cmbmool
07-21-2016, 04:56 AM

Didn't they say that Doc Ock was coming back to the Spider-titles ?

Could he reveal that it was Him in Peter's body and made all of his previous choices ?

Phantom Roxas
07-21-2016, 07:45 PM

Could he reveal that it was Him in Peter's body and made all of his previous choices ?

He was front and center of the big teaser to the Clone Conspiracy, so we could probably see Felicia's confusion resolved because of that.

Ursalink
09-09-2016, 01:57 PM

Yes, it was confirmed Doc Ock is going to return as his classic self.

Well, he COULD say that, but surely no one would believe him considering his history as a "mad scientist". And that wouldn't change the fact he did all those things with the name of "Peter Parker". However, those who has been closer to Peter Parker/Spider-Man could believe that, which could make them believe that it wasn't actually Peter who acted like a miserable piece of junk.

Also, if Doc Ock reveals what he did, it could be very dangerous for him. All the villains who he brutally defeated and punished as "Superior Spider-Junk" would then realize that it was Doc Ock who actually did that to them, not the real Spidey. Considering most of them know Spidey for years and know the wallcrawler doesn't "have the guts" for those kind of things; they could actually believe the truth fo all this. Which means, Ock will be persecuted for all those villains looking for revenge. And the list is not at all short:
+ "The Superior Six": Electro, Chameleon, Mysterion, Sandman and Vulture.
+ Scorpion (Mac Gargan) and Boomerang.
+ Black Cat: This is one of the most interesting for me, as she could finally realize that Spider-Man didn't betray her at any point.
+ The pranksters Jester and Screwball.
+ Kingpin: He realized "Superior" wasn't the Spider-Man he know, so he will surely want to make an example with Otto for making him runaway from his fortress at Shadowland.
+ Gobin King/HobGoblin (Phil Urich): Ock made him lose his job in the Bugle as he exposed his identity publicly.
+ Blackout: This half-demon would surely be the most bloodthirsty of all the villains vs Ock.
+ Spider-Slayer (Alistair Smythe): With so many people returning from the dead in "Dead No More", I wouldn't be surprised if Alistair Smythe is also included. Otto revealed to him his identity as the Superior Spider-Junk before dying, so he could be the one gathering all the villains to have revenge on Ock. It would be interesting if he becomes the "Octo-Slayer".

it would be very pleasing to see Ock running for his life with all these bad guys after him, don't you think?

Huntsman Spider
09-09-2016, 02:23 PM
That would be beautifully karmic. I could also see the Avengers going after him as well, realizing just who and what they had under their roof for all those months without even knowing it and how badly compromised they could have ended up because of it. Not to mention the egg on Jonah's face when he'd have no choice but to admit that it was Otto Octavius who screwed him over and not Spider-Man.

Ursalink
09-09-2016, 02:51 PM
That would be beautifully karmic. I could also see the Avengers going after him as well, realizing just who and what they had under their roof for all those months without even knowing it and how badly compromised they could have ended up because of it. Not to mention the egg on Jonah's face when he'd have no choice but to admit that it was Otto Octavius who screwed him over and not Spider-Man.

You are right! I forgot about Jonah. However, I'm not sure about him. I mean, right after the switch, he started admiring "Superior Spider-Junk" new violent modus operanti when he dealt with Scorpion, Screwball, Jester and several others. He just turned against him when Spider-Ock used a recording about him ordering him to kill Alistair Smythe no matter what to blackmail him.

Also, the Avengers already know about the switcheroo when the real Spidey returned and told them everything. After seeing Spidey having an embarrassing moment when he lost his clothes on tv, Spider-Woman said THAT was Peter and he was back to his old self; because that would only happen to him.

Huntsman Spider
09-09-2016, 04:02 PM
You are right! I forgot about Jonah. However, I'm not sure about him. I mean, right after the switch, he started admiring "Superior Spider-Junk" new violent modus operanti when he dealt with Scorpion, Screwball, Jester and several others. He just turned against him when Spider-Ock used a recording about him ordering him to kill Alistair Smythe no matter what to blackmail him.

Also, the Avengers already know about the switcheroo when the real Spidey returned and told them everything. After seeing Spidey having an embarrassing moment when he lost his clothes on tv, Spider-Woman said THAT was Peter and he was back to his old self; because that would only happen to him.

It would still put egg on Jonah's face that he openly admired and endorsed a maniac who tried to fry the planet just because said maniac was acting in Spider-Man's body at the time. Could destroy his media career, too, maybe, because who'd trust Jonah's judgment on the issues he's reporting after finding out that in the period Spider-Man and he as mayor were working closest together, the same period when Spider-Man was at his most violent and vicious, "Spider-Man" was actually Doctor Octopus?

And yes, the Avengers already know, but I would like for them to publicly acknowledge what happened, especially for the security risk they unknowingly facilitated and then to clear Spider-Man in the public record of all of Octavius's crimes and misdeeds and atrocities while in Spider-Man's body.

Ursalink
09-12-2016, 04:36 PM
Considering the upcoming "Renew Your Vows", and several hints through several comics making allusion to "One More Day", I want to believe Marvel is preparing to restore the Spider-Marriage. I really hope so. Many of you could think Spider-Man married is a stupidity, but not at all. We already have covered the role of "teenager friendly Spider-Man" thanks to Miles Morales, so there's no more reasons to keep Peter Parker stuck as a character whose life can't go anywhere. In fact, I have the suspiction that I know how this whole this could be fixed:

Just like the other survivors from Battleworld in the Secret Wars who ended up in the new main reality of Marvel, the Parker family survived too. However, when they arrived to the new Earth-616, Mephisto felt their presence and realized they could be a menace for him; because their existence could put in danger his deal with Peter Parker. So, to avoid this, Mephisto somehow trapped them into somekind of "reality simulation" where they are living their lives as a dream (just like Matrix). However, their presence still have effects in the real world, which could explain why Peter, MJ and the Regent had that "Deja Vu" feeling back in "Amazing Spider-Man #15". That also would explain the mysterious references to One More Day in other comics, like Mephisto showing up to Peter Parker in "Spider-Man and Deadpool"; he's trying to make sure his deal won't be broken. However, this is exactly what it could happen. If my theory is correct, then the Parker family will eventually find a way to escape from Mephisto and reach the real world. And as a consequence of this, reality would be shifted once again. I believe both versions of Peter and MJ will merge into one somehow, restoring the story of the marriage into the main reality once more. And because of that, Mephisto lose his benefict of the deal, and without making Peter's identity public again or Aunt May's life being in danger.

So, the Spider-Family will now has the whole resources of Parker Industries to use them. With this level, the Spider-Family will become the perfect "replacements" who take the place left in the Marvel Universe after the disappearance of the Fantastic Four. We have a new "super-family". However, being just the three of them is a little short. Other Spiders could join this club. As far as I see, the new Spider-Family could be like this:
- Peter Parker/Spider-Man: Scientist, husband and father; it matches with Mr Fantastic.
- Mary Jane/Spider-Woman: Model, wife and mother; it matches with Invisible Woman.
- Annie/Spider-Girl: Daughter, new generation; it matches with either Franklin or Valeria.
- Kaine/Scarlet Spider: "Uncle", darker member; somehow it matches the Thing.
- Miles Morales/Spider-Man II: Youngest and honorary member; it matches the Human Torch.

I believe some other character could join this family, so Annie could have some people of her age or similar to talk:
- Jessica Drew /Spider-Woman and her son Gerry.
- Julia Carpenter/Madame Web and her daughter Rachel.

What do you think?

Darthfury78
09-16-2016, 02:40 AM
Considering the upcoming "Renew Your Vows", and several hints through several comics making allusion to "One More Day", I want to believe Marvel is preparing to restore the Spider-Marriage. I really hope so. Many of you could think Spider-Man married is a stupidity, but not at all. We already have covered the role of "teenager friendly Spider-Man" thanks to Miles Morales, so there's no more reasons to keep Peter Parker stuck as a character whose life can't go anywhere. In fact, I have the suspiction that I know how this whole this could be fixed:

Just like the other survivors from Battleworld in the Secret Wars who ended up in the new main reality of Marvel, the Parker family survived too. However, when they arrived to the new Earth-616, Mephisto felt their presence and realized they could be a menace for him; because their existence could put in danger his deal with Peter Parker. So, to avoid this, Mephisto somehow trapped them into somekind of "reality simulation" where they are living their lives as a dream (just like Matrix). However, their presence still have effects in the real world, which could explain why Peter, MJ and the Regent had that "Deja Vu" feeling back in "Amazing Spider-Man #15". That also would explain the mysterious references to One More Day in other comics, like Mephisto showing up to Peter Parker in "Spider-Man and Deadpool"; he's trying to make sure his deal won't be broken. However, this is exactly what it could happen. If my theory is correct, then the Parker family will eventually find a way to escape from Mephisto and reach the real world. And as a consequence of this, reality would be shifted once again. I believe both versions of Peter and MJ will merge into one somehow, restoring the story of the marriage into the main reality once more. And because of that, Mephisto lose his benefict of the deal, and without making Peter's identity public again or Aunt May's life being in danger.

So, the Spider-Family will now has the whole resources of Parker Industries to use them. With this level, the Spider-Family will become the perfect "replacements" who take the place left in the Marvel Universe after the disappearance of the Fantastic Four. We have a new "super-family". However, being just the three of them is a little short. Other Spiders could join this club. As far as I see, the new Spider-Family could be like this:
- Peter Parker/Spider-Man: Scientist, husband and father; it matches with Mr Fantastic.
- Mary Jane/Spider-Woman: Model, wife and mother; it matches with Invisible Woman.
- Annie/Spider-Girl: Daughter, new generation; it matches with either Franklin or Valeria.
- Kaine/Scarlet Spider: "Uncle", darker member; somehow it matches the Thing.
- Miles Morales/Spider-Man II: Youngest and honorary member; it matches the Human Torch.

I believe some other character could join this family, so Annie could have some people of her age or similar to talk:
- Jessica Drew /Spider-Woman and her son Gerry.
- Julia Carpenter/Madame Web and her daughter Rachel.

What do you think?

My vision of the Spider-Family is as follows,

Peter Parker
Jessica Drew
Julia Carpenter
Mr. Sims
The Black Widow
Kaine Parker

Other members:
Captain Britian
Tigra
She-Hulk
Nightcrawler
The Taskmaster
Carol Danvers

Phantom Roxas
09-16-2016, 08:47 AM
My vision of the Spider-Family is as follows,

Peter Parker
Jessica Drew
Julia Carpenter
Mr. Sims
The Black Widow
Kaine Parker

Other members:
Captain Britian
Tigra
She-Hulk
Nightcrawler
The Taskmaster
Carol Danvers

Peter, Jessica, Julia, and Kaine all make sense.

Black Widow, Tigra, She-Hulk, and Carol are only there for the sake of the same rotation of ships you keep harping on. Captain Britain is there because two issues of Marvel Team-Up somehow means that Brian would set Betsy up with Peter. Taskmaster is there because, for some ridiculous reason, you believe that he's Peter's uncle. I have no idea why Nightcrawler is the- oh wait, is this going to be the same logic as Captain Britain? He's the son of Mystique, who you apparently want to see work with Mysterio, where I'm pretty sure there's no basis for that beyond their names starting with "Myst". What possible reason is there for Mr. Sims to be there?

Ursalink's list made far more sense. As for how Kaine could somehow match the Thing, I would say it's because Ben is Reed's best friend, almost like a brother, so Kaine would fill a similar role as being Peter's own "brother".

Ursalink
09-18-2016, 05:03 PM
Peter, Jessica, Julia, and Kaine all make sense.

Black Widow, Tigra, She-Hulk, and Carol are only there for the sake of the same rotation of ships you keep harping on. Captain Britain is there because two issues of Marvel Team-Up somehow means that Brian would set Betsy up with Peter. Taskmaster is there because, for some ridiculous reason, you believe that he's Peter's uncle. I have no idea why Nightcrawler is the- oh wait, is this going to be the same logic as Captain Britain? He's the son of Mystique, who you apparently want to see work with Mysterio, where I'm pretty sure there's no basis for that beyond their names starting with "Myst". What possible reason is there for Mr. Sims to be there?

Ursalink's list made far more sense. As for how Kaine could somehow match the Thing, I would say it's because Ben is Reed's best friend, almost like a brother, so Kaine would fill a similar role as being Peter's own "brother".

Thanks, Phantom Roxas. Although the truth is that Peter and Kaine ARE brothers, considering the fact that Kaine is a clone. In nature, the closest thing to a clone is a twin brother, after all.

Phantom Roxas
09-18-2016, 06:55 PM
Thanks, Phantom Roxas. Although the truth is that Peter and Kaine ARE brothers, considering the fact that Kaine is a clone. In nature, the closest thing to a clone is a twin brother, after all.

Good point. I sometimes believe that other media might treat clones differently, but yes, Peter and Kaine are brothers.