PDA

View Full Version : Magneto vs Black Adam

Agent Z
10-01-2016, 11:13 AM
Who takes this?

Anarchist
10-01-2016, 11:50 AM
The one with super speed.

To make this a battle you'd have to grant Mags active shields before the battle starts.

Primetime Harder
10-01-2016, 02:02 PM
To make this a battle you'd have to grant Mags active shields before the battle starts.
Absolutely. And just to get this out of the way early - I forget; is that "shields holding against a weakened Galactus" feat valid?

Anarchist
10-01-2016, 02:11 PM
I don't know the context, must have slipped my mind, but I wager not.
Nevertheless, the shields have many high-end feats that would make them withstand at least some assault from Adam just fine.

rhyvurg
10-01-2016, 10:10 PM
Absolutely. And just to get this out of the way early - I forget; is that "shields holding against a weakened Galactus" feat valid?

I've brought that one up before, it wasn't so much an attack, as a reflex action. Like the difference between throwing a punch and flicking your hand to shoo a fly away.

The Dork Knight
10-02-2016, 04:49 AM
Even with shields up Magneto ain't beating pre/post crisis Adam . New 52, he probably beats

Syrile Demonthyst
10-02-2016, 04:57 AM
What does Adam have for speed feats in N52?

Anarchist
10-02-2016, 05:48 AM
Even with shields up Magneto ain't beating pre/post crisis Adam . New 52, he probably beats

In the old board at least, Magneto with shields up was always given good chances against the Average DC Post-Crisis Flying brick.
Don't see why Adam should be an exception.

Captain Morgan
10-02-2016, 06:28 AM
In the old board at least, Magneto with shields up was always given good chances against the Average DC Post-Crisis Flying brick.

I'm not 100% on buying Magneto taking the number of hits the DC speed blitz entails. But that being said, one thing Adam does have over say, Superman is an extreme resistance to internal and esoteric damage. He also can't be beaten by solar energy draining.

Not saying Erik would bounce off him, but he'd have his work cut out for him.

Pendaran
10-02-2016, 10:00 AM
Going to second the question, does new 52 Adam have speed performances to him worth noting?

The Dork Knight
10-04-2016, 04:15 AM

Adam clocked out Wizard Captain Marvel at the Rock of Eternity while power sharing the shared power of Isis and his own Shazam spell. He's

1) Stronger than Superman level people even when power sharing to the point where the same attacks that used to knock him down/out at full power prior to Isis power donation , are one shot repulsed with a thunderclap when sharing power with three others while an explicit note is made of him not being used to power sharing like this

2) super fast . Thor without anywhere close to comparable superspeed was beginning to break through before he decided to magic away the shield . At super speed stronger-than-Thor guy actually breaks through

Hence Adam wins easily. Would be interesting speed equalized but later day Adam should still be too much

Shellhead
10-04-2016, 06:12 AM
I assume that we don't take WWIII Black Adam seriously around here. It was like the writers got Adam confused with Hulk so his powers would increase due to his anger.

kane
10-04-2016, 06:29 AM
Adam clocked out Wizard Captain Marvel at the Rock of Eternity while power sharing the shared power of Isis and his own Shazam spell. He's

1) Stronger than Superman level people even when power sharing to the point where the same attacks that used to knock him down/out at full power prior to Isis power donation , are one shot repulsed with a thunderclap when sharing power with three others while an explicit note is made of him not being used to power sharing like this

2) super fast . Thor without anywhere close to comparable superspeed was beginning to break through before he decided to magic away the shield . At super speed stronger-than-Thor guy actually breaks through

Hence Adam wins easily. Would be interesting speed equalized but later day Adam should still be too much

Is this current Black Adam?

Anarchist
10-04-2016, 07:08 AM
Yeah no, that version of Adam was amped.

The Dork Knight
10-04-2016, 07:53 PM
Thing is , he never lost that amp such that when he transferred his powers to Mary Marvel after WW3 , in Countdown , she mentions she feels the power of Isis flowing through her , in addition to Adam's. So that was his permanent state at the end of the post crisis Era and he had been in this stage for a couple of years or more