PDA

View Full Version : You knew me as edhopper, now I am Kirby101

Kirby101
03-20-2017, 06:50 AM
Hi all, after over a decade on these forums as edhopper, I have changed my name to Kirby101.
The new name is to honor the King on his 100th birthday, as we go into the 101st year of Kirby.
Just wanted everyone to know I didn't leave or was banned, I'm still here.

jeanvaljean
03-20-2017, 06:52 AM
Likely story.

Abe
03-20-2017, 07:06 AM
Congrats for the new name, 'Kirby101'!

Very well chosen by the way. :cool:

Nevertheless, I count two bad side-effects : I will miss your good old Golgoth avatar. Also, I won't be able to use the joke I prepared for the cover contest when I saw your request for a new name, now that everybody know. Thinking about it, only the first side-effect is important : CBR will never look the same! :)

WestPhillyPunisher
03-20-2017, 07:07 AM
Well, I think it's cool to honor the King. Elvis would be proud.

Just kidding! :p

David Walton
03-20-2017, 07:07 AM
Hi all, after over a decade on these forums as edhopper, I have changed my name to Kirby101.
The new name is to honor the King on his 100th birthday, as we go into the 101st year of Kirby.

I feel like we need a Kirby-esque comic cover to really sell the transition.

"The world may know me as internet nice guy ed hopper, but they'll soon marvel at the might of kirby101!"

Anyway, cool tribute!

Kirby101
03-20-2017, 08:28 AM
Likely story.

ROFL

Nevertheless, I count two bad side-effects : I will miss your good old Golgoth avatar. Also, I won't be able to use the joke I prepared for the cover contest when I saw your request for a new name, now that everybody know. Thinking about it, only the first side-effect is important : CBR will never look the same!

Unfortunately, it just didn't fit any more. I'll miss it too, since it was my own artwork.

Kirby101
03-20-2017, 08:30 AM
I feel like we need a Kirby-esque comic cover to really sell the transition.

"The world may know me as internet nice guy ed hopper, but they'll soon marvel at the might of kirby101!"

Anyway, cool tribute!

Thanks. I went through a few possible avatars before i settled on this one. There is so much Kirby to choose from.

WestPhillyPunisher
03-20-2017, 08:34 AM
Thanks. I went through a few possible avatars before i settled on this one. There is so much Kirby to choose from.

As a suggestion, if you want to, you could use a different piece of Kirby artwork as an avatar each week, changing it up say, every Monday. That might be fun.

Zetsubou
03-20-2017, 08:37 AM
Long live Jack Kirby.

Kirby101
03-20-2017, 08:40 AM
As a suggestion, if you want to, you could use a different piece of Kirby artwork as an avatar each week, changing it up say, every Monday. That might be fun.

If i find the time to play with the images, maybe I will.
Though I find I often know people immediately through their avatars win reading a thread. I don't want to confuse people more than I already have.

David Walton
03-20-2017, 08:46 AM
If i find the time to play with the images, maybe I will.
Though I find I often know people immediately through there avatars win reading a thread. I don't want to confuse people more than I already have.

Kamandi-guy sounds remarkably similar to Orion-dude who now that I think about it, was a lot like Darkseid-man!

Kirby101
03-20-2017, 09:09 AM
Kamandi-guy sounds remarkably similar to Orion-dude who now that I think about it, was a lot like Darkseid-man!

LOL :D and what about Doc-Dr.Doom.

WillieMorgan
03-20-2017, 10:00 AM
Good call. I've been thinking about changing my avatar lately too.

Just so long as your appreciation of a certain long running prog-rock band isn't diminished by this makeover :p

The Darknight Detective
03-20-2017, 10:00 AM
Long live Jack Kirby.

Long live edhopper as Kirby101, too! :)

Kirby101
03-20-2017, 10:09 AM
Good call. I've been thinking about changing my avatar lately too.

Just so long as your appreciation of a certain long running prog-rock band isn't diminished by this makeover :p

Never, Kirby101 has not lost his taste for great music. :)

The Whovian
03-20-2017, 11:06 AM

That is cool Ed, to honor someone like Kirby. Way cool!

Kirby101
03-20-2017, 11:15 AM
That is cool Ed, to honor someone like Kirby. Way cool!

Thanks, I have been thinking for a while that I had an un-comic related forum name that could use replacing. The Kirby tribute made changing it fall into place.

Overhazard
03-20-2017, 11:58 AM
"There came a time when the name edhopper died! The brave died with the cunning! The noble perished , locked in battle with unleashed evil! It was the last day for the name! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust! The final moment came with the fatal release of indescribable power---which tore every post that bore the name edhopper asunder split it lo, into a new identity, and filled CBR with the blinding death flash of it's destruction! In the end there was a new user name, spinning slow and barren, clean of all that had gone before, adrift in the fading sounds of binary thunder. Silence closed on what happened, a long, deep silence, wrapped in massive darkness...it was this way for an age...THEN----THERE WAS NEW LIGHT!"

Kirby101
03-20-2017, 02:05 PM
"There came a time when the name edhopper died! The brave died with the cunning! The noble perished , locked in battle with unleashed evil! It was the last day for the name! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust! The final moment came with the fatal release of indescribable power---which tore every post that bore the name edhopper asunder split it lo, into a new identity, and filled CBR with the blinding death flash of it's destruction! In the end there was a new user name, spinning slow and barren, clean of all that had gone before, adrift in the fading sounds of binary thunder. Silence closed on what happened, a long, deep silence, wrapped in massive darkness...it was this way for an age...THEN----THERE WAS NEW LIGHT!"

You are too kind sir.

http://comicsalliance.com/files/2014/04/AC06.jpg

GOLGO 13
03-20-2017, 02:25 PM
All hail to the King!

Kirby101
03-20-2017, 05:18 PM
All hail to the King!

Thank you, thankyouverymuch.

DebkoX
03-21-2017, 03:02 AM
Kirby is a much better name

#SaidItFirst

Kirby101
03-21-2017, 06:23 AM
Kirby is a much better name

#SaidItFirst

Are you saying Kirby is better than Kirby101. Or better than edhopper. I agree with the latter, that is why i changed it. But as to the former. I couldn't just take the name, it would be disrespectful.

David Walton
03-21-2017, 08:27 AM

This. Is. Greatness.

Would make the perfect the sig for Kirby101!

Kirby101
03-21-2017, 08:44 AM
This. Is. Greatness.

Would make the perfect the sig for Kirby101!

What a great idea. With Overhazzard's permission, I will do that.

Edit: Can't do it, 500 character limit on sig lines.

The Whovian
03-21-2017, 11:50 AM
What a great idea. With Overhazzard's permission, I will do that.

Edit: Can't do it, 500 character limit on sig lines.

Ugh. That would have been cool. Maybe you or him could edit it down a little?

Kirby101
03-21-2017, 12:07 PM
Ugh. That would have been cool. Maybe you or him could edit it down a little?

I might play with that idea.

batnbreakfast
03-22-2017, 12:34 AM
Dear Mr. Darkside, sir, if you ever need someone to sell out humanity I want to suggest myself in exchange for immortality (oh, and the looks of Tom Hiddleston).