PDA

View Full Version : Deadpool vs Punisher Issue #4 (Review/SPOILERS!)

Prof. Warren
06-03-2017, 09:52 AM
It's Round 4 in this Fred Van Lente-written, Pere Perez-illustrated mini and it's another immensely satisfying chapter in one of the best minis to come down the pike in awhile.

Despite the title, Frank and Wade have mostly joined forces at this point to take on Taskmaster, who's intent on taking the Bank's son for himself in order to exploit the information he possesses, and Frank and Wade going toe to toe with Tasky is every bit as glorious as you'd expect.

Lots of action in this issue as fighting takes center stage. Perez continues to wow on art and I just had to stop reading several times and stare at some of these pages.

By the end of the issue, just when you think that Frank and Wade make quite the team, Frank's recent habit of putting a bullet through Wade's brain every time he needs to "reboot" Wade for the mission at hand comes back to bite him.

I really can't say enough good things about this series. Van Lente writes a great Frank and Wade, contrasting their very different personalities and the story is a solid one that gives both characters good reasons to both team up and to be at odds. And Perez, as I mentioned, is kicking ass.

Here's hoping that both Van Lente and Perez have more work lined up at Marvel after this. Preferably as a team and preferably on an ongoing.

WhiteQueenEmmaFrost
06-05-2017, 12:51 PM
It's Round 4 in this Fred Van Lente-written, Pere Perez-illustrated mini and it's another immensely satisfying chapter in one of the best minis to come down the pike in awhile.

Despite the title, Frank and Wade have mostly joined forces at this point to take on Taskmaster, who's intent on taking the Bank's son for himself in order to exploit the information he possesses, and Frank and Wade going toe to toe with Tasky is every bit as glorious as you'd expect.

Lots of action in this issue as fighting takes center stage. Perez continues to wow on art and I just had to stop reading several times and stare at some of these pages.

By the end of the issue, just when you think that Frank and Wade make quite the team, Frank's recent habit of putting a bullet through Wade's brain every time he needs to "reboot" Wade for the mission at hand comes back to bite him.

I really can't say enough good things about this series. Van Lente writes a great Frank and Wade, contrasting their very different personalities and the story is a solid one that gives both characters good reasons to both team up and to be at odds. And Perez, as I mentioned, is kicking ass.

Here's hoping that both Van Lente and Perez have more work lined up at Marvel after this. Preferably as a team and preferably on an ongoing.

The story and the art were very well done. I LOVED the panel with Bank's son where he's crying. It looked like quality anime.