Type: Posts; User: Gaelforce
Okay, folks, first and last public warning.
1. Back off with the snark, please. Sarcasm doesn't translate well on message boards.
2. Do not discuss if/when you intend to ignore someone. ...
Wonder Woman tops the list of most powerful and influential heroes of all time!
With Diana's new origin, I would say Wonder Woman - she didn't get her powers until after she left the island and was the greatest fighter among a race of immortal fighters without special abilities...
If she were taking it to a JL meeting or a friend's apartment? I'd be with you on that.
But she was taking it to a farm, where they (supposedly) slaughter animals for food. Kinda...
I like them both a lot, but the origin story just edges out the jungle tale. Both the artists are phenomenal with differing styles, but the jungle story is taking a bit longer to warm up. In a few...
A reminder - this is the Superman/WW Appreciation thread.
Appreciate, please :)
Back to the topic, please :)
There are so many things I loved about this issue, from the tone set on the first page ('you don't understand a word I'm saying') to the more mythical/mystical gods as spirit animals to this...
Rucka used it during Sacrifice when she called upon the birds to flock to her aid.
Alright folks, enough.
1. This is an Appreciation Thread. Either Appreciate Cyclops or take the posts elsewhere. This is not a 'who would be the better leader/president' thread.
This isn't the thread about feminist icons.
This is the thread about the WW trailer.
Please take more general discussions about the DC Universe and who is/is not a feminist icon...
Okay, time to take a step back.
1. Lay off the personal attacks, trolling and bickering about 'fans' and 'haters.'
2. If you see a post like that, report it don't respond (as per the rules...
This being the Wonder Woman forum, I'm assuming you want best Wonder Woman runs? :)
Let me clarify.
1. If you want to compare Snyder Superman to Supergirl Superman, that's fine. The topic, however, is essentially 'Superman in Supergirl is brighter and cheerier than Snyder's.' ...
<points up to the topic>
Let's get back to it, eh? Plenty of threads about the movie Superman, let's get back to the Supergirl TV version :)
Deep breath, everyone, and take a step back ;)
1. Watch the insults; not just insults towards individuals but towards fans/groups of fans i.e. 'Clois supporters' or 'SM/WW shippers.'
To add a minor note - she had super speed on foot in the golden age, having beaten the original Flash in a foot race ;)
There is nothing at all that I see sexualized about this new picture from Frison.
1. She is standing straight, no curved spine.
2. No cleavage
3. No butt cheeks/panties/thong
Okay, folks, let me make something clear:
1. One man's funny image is another man's 'not funny.' However, so long as it's not lewd or abusive, it will remain.
2. Just because you report...
I understand that there are tweaks, changes, additions and subtractions, but, for the most part, the core elements of superhero origins remain the same.
- Krypton blows up, Kal-El is launched in...
Time to take a breath, take a step back and bring it down a notch, folks.
Watch the sarcasm, snark and nasty tone; keep it civil or deletions are gonna follow.
Fair and square beating the original Flash in a story written to explain this Golden Age cover.
I don't see it as jealousy so much as being defensive after decades of the character being used as a punching bag by the DCU. If she's in Superman's 'weight class' (which she was originally...
Unfortunately, the problem is also with escalation overall in the DCU. Batman and Aquaman are now bulletproof, for example, surviving automatic weapons fire at close range without stopping. ...