Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    They have a chance with Steve as a character for the first time in many decades thanks to the movie. Thus far through Rucka's run now this, its being very much wasted. He looks better visually here than he did in the previous run, but that's all that's accomplished. If writers still don't care to do anything of substance with him, he's going to fall into obscurity all over again despite his popularity in the film. And that would be unfortunate. Bear in mind, I'm not saying there is anything wrong whatsoever with the idea of a househusband. But in superhero fiction you're going to want to read about the guy who should be the main supporting character doing stuff a little more interesting than cooking dinner. There's got to be more than just that going on. If there's not, if Steve is going to perpetually just be this empty entity that's just there to welcome Wonder Woman home after her adventure, he'll be dropped again like a bad habit.

Still say this is a large reason why Steve should have been repackaged as a doctor, like they did in Odyssey. That was one really interesting thing to happen in that controversial storyline. Now Steve is not in a position where its like he's trying to keep up with Wonder Woman on the action end (a fight he'll always lose), as his job is much different. So easy to segue into scenes of Steve treating injured people after a super-villain attack or something like that rather intending him to be right in the thick of things as a super solider but ending up being anything but. But, alas.
    The trick with Steve is to do what they did in the movie - "Tresser-ize" him a bit.

It has to be about contrasts. So far this Steve is all about combat. The thing is, if Wonder Woman is in Superman's class then she doesn't need backup on the battlefield.

In the movie Steve contrasts with Diana in a number of ways. First, he gets most of the funny lines. Diana gets to be the straight man to Steve's comic. She also gets laughs of her own but mostly from the way other characters react to her. For example, when she tears out of her skirt doing a high kick in Selfridges it is Etta's reaction that really sells the laugh.

The second thing is that Steve is a spy. As such he a master of many skills Diana has no experience with, especially deception. There is a stark contrast right there - the person who carries the lasso of truth dating a guy who is a professionally trained liar.

What they need to do is give Steve a chance to shine in the areas where Diana is not already a super star.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

I was happy with Steve in Rucka's Rebirth, uber eye candy that backs Diana capably and says progressive things like "toxic masculinity" that would be weird to hear coming directly from her. He was a great yin to her yang and it was easy to see they were made for each other.

Spectacular Member

i dont know....i prefer cheetah/diana over steve and diana

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jason white reborn View Post
    i dont know....i prefer cheetah/diana over steve and diana
    Sounds a bit catty to me
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I seriously hate the Futures End design for Plastique. It makes her look like a sad little goth girl going to a rave. She was also just not that compelling of a character. Its especially weird, since this design for Plastique is just so much better:

I like the gloves; I dislike the pregnancy arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I seriously hate the Futures End design for Plastique. It makes her look like a sad little goth girl going to a rave. She was also just not that compelling of a character. Its especially weird, since this design for Plastique is just so much better:

The funny thing is she had a whole different desgin in JL Rebirth title. Dont know why they used Future Ends design its terrible and makes no sense.

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I like the gloves; I dislike the pregnancy arrow.
    Pretty much everything about this except the purdy hair (I'm a sucker for long locks, not to mention long red locks) I find inferior to her Future's End (and hopefully now current canon) look.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.