Fantastic Member

Default Justice League #28 Preview

http://www.comicosity.com/exclusive-...ice-league-28/

Hunter and Serenity relationship is complicated?

Seems WonderBoy is more of a Superman kid, courtesy of Diana's womb, than a character that represents WW's legacy. Which is kinda disappointing. But they do say superhero comics are soap operas where the characters wear funny costumes. No wonder the CW is drawn to these properties. I am glad it's not a "Superwonder" kid though, hate that kind of crap.
    Last edited by InsanePeasant66; 09-05-2017 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by InsanePeasant66 View Post
    Seems WonderBoy is more of a Superman kid, courtesy of Diana's womb, than a character that represents WW's legacy. Which is kinda disappointing. But they do say superhero comics are soap operas where the characters wear funny costumes. No wonder the CW is drawn to these properties. I am glad it's not a "Superwonder" kid though, hate that kind of crap.
    That's because of whatever has happened with Diana in the future timeline. Diana either left or had to leave Hunter behind, Clark raised him. I'm sure we'll see why he's a Wonder, and a Prince, before long.

"You are here. You fought the weekend war, and you made it to the other side. Welcome to Monday; you can be anyone here. This is a new day, a new beginning, a new chance to be great. We are wiser and wilder than we were yesterday. Go kiss a stranger. Scream your favorite song from the top of the tallest building. You have the right to remain rock and roll. This is the end of the innocence; youth wasn't wasted on us. Now get out there, and write your story." - Brian Logan Dales, The Summer Set

Mighty Member

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he WAS originally meant to be Wonderwoman and Superman's birth son initially. Instead we get the odd round about Superman Wonderwoman kid, sorta. Technically.

While I know this whole arc kinda plays on the whole parent intuition thing I'm pretty amused at Mera just looking at Serenity and being like "Is there something going on between you and Hunter?". What prompted that?! Hahaha.

These kids'll be the death of me. Hope however the story ends we get to see them a bit more even if they're now a solidly different timeline/universe (if they're not already).

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

It's possible he was originally intended just to flat out be Superman and Wonder Woman's son. Hitch is a fan of the concept. On the other hand though its very easy to imagine he planned it this way too. Impossible to know for sure.

I have confidence that the Diana/Hunter dynamic will come in time. That's more a slower burn but to me has the potential to have way more payoff. Hunter's relationship with Superman, his step-mom and step-brother is good right off the bat, therefore easy. His relationship with his real mother is more difficult, and most likely plagued with misunderstandings. When they work it all out it could lead to a powerful moment or two. So I definitely wouldn't jump to conclusions yet that Diana is going to be the odd woman out here and just served to give the Superman family another (temp) character.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Looks like spoilers:
    Wonder Woman is the big bad in the future after all
    end of spoilers

Uh-oh.

Unless this is a misdirect.

"You are here. You fought the weekend war, and you made it to the other side. Welcome to Monday; you can be anyone here. This is a new day, a new beginning, a new chance to be great. We are wiser and wilder than we were yesterday. Go kiss a stranger. Scream your favorite song from the top of the tallest building. You have the right to remain rock and roll. This is the end of the innocence; youth wasn't wasted on us. Now get out there, and write your story." - Brian Logan Dales, The Summer Set

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

More than likely a misdirect.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

I thought Mera's comment about Hunter and serenity was odd since i thought him and cruise was a thing. It would be funny if Serenity and George AKA Cube had a thing... it be super awkward since Future Arthur is augment with future cyborg's tech.... that's a heck of an icebreaker.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought Mera's comment about Hunter and serenity was odd since i thought him and cruise was a thing. It would be funny if Serenity and George AKA Cube had a thing... it be super awkward since Future Arthur is augment with future cyborg's tech.... that's a heck of an icebreaker.
    That reminds me, we didn't see Aquadad in this issue at all despite it being solicited.

Wow, that was good! I got from JL #28 what's been missing in WW lately, gravitas. It was also nice to see Steve being a strong character on his own, with Diana nowhere in sight. Though it would have been nicer to see Diana talk the situation over with him, since he knows her so well. What are relationships for if not to lend an ear and possibly useful advice? Suffering through her feelings alone is only adding to the darkness inside her. Hunter may be about to bite off more than he can chew.

Please take discussion of the full issue to a new thread labeled 'Spoilers' as this thread is for the discussion of the linked preview.

Thanks!
    Gaelforce
    Superman/Wonder Woman/TV Film Forum Moderator
    Keeper of the Watering Can

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Please take discussion of the full issue to a new thread labeled 'Spoilers' as this thread is for the discussion of the linked preview.

Thanks!
    Okay, sorry Gaelforce.