View Poll Results: Have The Inhumans Failed Now?

Voters
404. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

302 74.75%
  • Too Early To Say

45 11.14%
  • No

57 14.11%
Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41818788899091
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1365

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Brevoort's comments do depend on what the "near future" means.
    I mean, the year has JUST begun. It's weird to say something is happening in the near future and not mean it within the next 11 months, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I don't think it was just the relative popularity of each franchise, honestly. A compelling story executed well would have given Marvel something a lot closer to what they wanted, which was for the Inhumans to be able to ride the X-Men's coattails to increased positive exposure. It was just that Marvel showed they had absolutely no idea how to put together a story with equivalent stakes for both sides. They were literally trying to pitch that a massive cultural shift that would take effect over generations was the equivalent to immediate, literal genocide, and that's not even touching on the PR war with the Inhumans painting Scott Summers as HitlerClops for trying to prevent said genocide, or Marvel throwing Emma Frost under the bus to make the Inhumans look less callous. All the big cross-over stuff, the bits meant to pull in a larger audience, were just exercises in incompetent storytelling.
    It is not unlike how they wanted Civil War to help elevate Captain Marvel to the big leagues, and only managed to make her less popular thanks to the incompetent writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    When I first saw the T-Mist storyline, my thought was "hey, they're building to a dumb punch em up between the two franchises." Obviously, people are sick of hero vs. hero fights and it was just after Civil War II, but I think the animosity in this fight was much greater than towards one side or the other in that story. Maybe it was just because the stakes were way too high. I don't think setting up a scenario where the two sides fight each other was, by itself, anything deliberately offensive or trying to piss anyone off. But this specific story certainly did nobody any favors.

That being said, I also think a lot of X-Men fans jumped to the conclusion that they would be portrayed as villains and preemptively hated it on those grounds.
    Cyclops was hated on those grounds and treated as a villain, with even a Hitler comparison by Brevoort. That's why people were worried about that since the beginning. And at the end, the big villain of the event was still Emma Frost. But besides that I think the main reasons X-Fans got SO upset were because:

1 - Another "mutants in extinction" plot. We already had Day M that put them on that position until AvX. They had barely gotten out of it and then there was already another one again.

2 - The "Inhumans source of power kills mutants" idea was way too meta in the worst way possible, considering there was already a """conspiracy""" that Marvel wanted to replace the X-Men with the Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It is not unlike how they wanted Civil War to help elevate Captain Marvel to the big leagues, and only managed to make her less popular thanks to the incompetent writing.
    I going to guess that the movie is probably the only thing that'll make Captain Marvel an A-lister (and even that probably won't translate into comic book sales).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    At the end of the day it didn't do any good for any of the franchises. It was a stupid move by Marvel.
    It did good for X men, it reminded marvel not to fuck with X-Men or face the consequences. And it showed that Marvel office are a bunch of cowards that didn't even managed to follow through on their HitlerClops promises, if they were calling Cyclops Hitler I was expecting at least an Inhuman holocaust that'd warranted being called that, and Inhumans death camps, and tons of dead Inhumans, but Cyclops literally did nothing wrong again. So does that mean that according to marvel Hitler didn't do anything?
    Last edited by wano; 01-28-2018 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

2 - The "Inhumans source of power kills mutants" idea was way too meta in the worst way possible, considering there was already a """conspiracy""" that Marvel wanted to replace the X-Men with the Inhumans.
    That one was just blatantly stoking the flames for controversy. They had to know how that was gonna look.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That one was just blatantly stoking the flames for controversy. They had to know how that was gonna look.
    Maybe Ike ordered that Inhumans push but everyone in Marvel secretly hates the Inhumans and did everything in their power to make it fail?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Maybe Ike ordered that Inhumans push but everyone in Marvel secretly hates the Inhumans and did everything in their power to make it fail?
    I doubt that's what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I doubt that's what happened.
    I mean, start a feud with one of the biggest fanbases they've got instead of creating a climate that benefits cross selling... Adding more fuel to the fire with incendiary statements, killing and vilifying 2 fan favorites (Cyke and Emma) to push the new guys, and hiring Scott Buck as a show runner to end up with a terrible TV show ... One does not simply fail so pathetically time after time

Mighty Member

I mean, start a feud with one of the biggest fanbases they've got instead of creating a climate that benefits cross selling... Adding more fuel to the fire with incendiary statements, killing and vilifying 2 fan favorites (Cyke and Emma) to push the new guys, and hiring Scott Buck as a show runner to end up with a terrible TV show ... One does not simply fail so pathetically time after time
    I still don't think that's what happened.

Kevin Feige did mention he didn't even want to do Inhumans
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

Fantastic Member

Most of those problems were mainly because of the X books though so they may have been the ones to sabotage the Inhumans, which if true is pretty sad. If you look at books going out it was "here I will make a new Inhuman, or make an existing character have had the Inhuman gene and my work will speak if people will use this character and their developments or not". As for the Scott Buck I am looking at someone at ABC, I feel someone there wants to see the Marvel shows there fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Most of those problems were mainly because of the X books though so they may have been the ones to sabotage the Inhumans, which if true is pretty sad. If you look at books going out it was "here I will make a new Inhuman, or make an existing character have had the Inhuman gene and my work will speak if people will use this character and their developments or not". As for the Scott Buck I am looking at someone at ABC, I feel someone there wants to see the Marvel shows there fail.
    If you look at the X books they're like : the Inhumans mists are killing us, with that why would any X fans want to check the Inhumans books when their favorites are killed left and right?

Their stupid push cost us cyclops, Emma, madrox and Storm's dignity , but now the Inhumans are falling while the X-Men are thriving (without even trying). So even if cyclops is dead so are his enemies and with the deal done marvel has no more excuses to neglect the X-Men. Cyclops protected the X-Men from Ike's and marvel wrath and it all paid off .
    Long live the X-Men.
    Ideas never die
    Last edited by wano; 01-29-2018 at 01:41 PM.

Fantastic Member

If you look at the X books they're like : the Inhumans mists are killing us, with that why would any X fans want to check the Inhumans books when their favorites are killed left and right?
    I think some confusion on the topic, you mentioned that you felt the people behind Marvel were trying to make Inhumans fail, but there is little proof on that, and you mentioned the Mist and how it was killing Mutants, only the X books were really focusing on this and the friction that came from it. Other books wanted to stay so far away from it not just the Inhuman cause look at Uncanny Inhumans and Champions where they had only a few bits of dialogue where used to mention this, because people would obviously want to know "hey how can you have an Inhuman and Mutant on the same team" as such this may have been less "Inhumans need to fail" and more "Hey its been a few years since we have had something kill and or depower Muants".

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I think some confusion on the topic, you mentioned that you felt the people behind Marvel were trying to make Inhumans fail, but there is little proof on that, and you mentioned the Mist and how it was killing Mutants, only the X books were really focusing on this and the friction that came from it. Other books wanted to stay so far away from it not just the Inhuman cause look at Uncanny Inhumans and Champions where they had only a few bits of dialogue where used to mention this, because people would obviously want to know "hey how can you have an Inhuman and Mutant on the same team" as such this may have been less "Inhumans need to fail" and more "Hey its been a few years since we have had something kill and or depower Muants".
    Yeah it'd been 2 or 3 years since the end of decimation. The point was that the X-books were focused in the mists storyline because it's editorially mandated. Jeff lemire pretty much said the story was enforced in them so they used the story. Imagine if marvel told you : "you gotta write an story of the terrigen mists killing the mutants but the Inhumans have to look good" yeah I guess there's only so much you can do to make the mutant holocaust don't stain the reputation of the perpetrators