View Poll Results: Have The Inhumans Failed Now?

Voters
322. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

236 73.29%
  • Too Early To Say

38 11.80%
  • No

48 14.91%
Page 37 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jyamen View Post
    I loved Jenkins and Lees Inhumans mini series...LOVED IT. But have no interest in reading a poor mans XMen, and I suspect much of the comic reading audience reacted the same way.
    Then you would love Al Ewing's Royals.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Has anyone's mind been changed by the discussions in this thread?
    Of course not. The Inhumans have existed for over 50 years, mostly as side-characters. But they've had a number of mini series, some for their grouping(s) and some for various solo characters. They won't / can't fail. Marvel will just try to use them another way. They'll guest star again, if they must, and/or join other teams, Avengers, uncanny or not.

The Inhumans have been here nearly the length of the entire Marvel Universe. They're not going anywhere and I guess I need to know why we have to admit they "failed". They have done as well or better as the various Nova, Captain Marvel, New/Secret Warriors and any number of other titles that don't always last for ever but do come back. Spider Woman. Dark Hawk. So on. Even the X-Men had to overcome not being very popular and not having a series for several years.

Royals, Black Bolt and some of the other titles I need to catch up with. BB is an amazing comic by an amazing younger writer, Saladin Ahmed, who I actually know, though not well. I met him as a child and later as 12 year old who wanted me to teach him Tarot cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post

This was before he caught her kissing Maximus, if that matters (though Bolt should know what his brother's powers can do).
    I'm not sure what this proves, they were both acting viciously and over-emotionally because of Maximus with the "bug" he put in all their heads. It was mentioned I think in a couple pages before this how Black Bolt would have murdered Quicksilver if he wasn't held back. Right after this Medusa performs oral sex on Maximus, but I would never attribute that to her character because of the context, and likewise Black Bolt snapping at Medusa like that for mentioning their son isn't at all attributable to his character.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

No, Maximus was unable to control him.

No, Maximus was unable to control him.

Did you not read the book? I mean really dude. Yes, Maximus failed to put Black Bolt completely under thrall, but he still had that thing inside of him just like everyone else, and even Luna and Medusa mentioned his strange behavior throughout. Also Maximus constructed this whole plan in an attempt to "break" Black Bolt and gain power.

They failed the moment they tried to supplant X-men

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    They failed the moment they tried to supplant X-men
    Which never happened, so they havent failed.

Yay!

Spectacular Member

Maybe they failed when you look at their sales, but definitly not in quality. Every 4 books are great reads right now!

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    Did you not read the book? I mean really dude. Yes, Maximus failed to put Black Bolt completely under thrall, but he still had that thing inside of him just like everyone else, and even Luna and Medusa mentioned his strange behavior throughout. Also Maximus constructed this whole plan in an attempt to "break" Black Bolt and gain power.

Maximus says right here that only Bolt resisted him. And Luna says in that other page that he's the only other one without the darkness in him. That doesn't make sense if he was being influenced like the others were.

Incredible Member

Let's break this down a bit

In live action too soon to say the release via IMAX wasn't well received but the series may improve and at least get a few seasons time will tell

In print I think it's too early to tell, as long as Marvel is behind them pumping out books can you call it a failure? Let me know in 5 years

Maximus says right here that only Bolt resisted him. And Luna says in that other page that he's the only other one without the darkness in him. That doesn't make sense if he was being influenced like the others were.
    sw3.jpg

It's clearly conveyed throughout the story that something is very very wrong with Black Bolt. Yes, he resisted complete domination when others weren't able, but his behavior was way off from usual. Luna keeps mentioning how he's afraid when she's never known him to show fear, Medusa and Crystal both mentioned how he is usually the very definition of calm and disciplined, but is now acting increasingly nervous, temperamental, and downright violent. I mean he probably would have murdered Pietro if he wasn't interrupted, and was very quick to get violent with Madrox.

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    I can imagine if Marvel do drop them they will do an Inhuman version of M-Day where the majority of them lose their powers. it would likely only leave the royal family as well as other notably Inhumans (like Ms Marvel).
    Yep, because we haven't already had enough M-Day versions since M-Day just from the X-Men that we now need it for the Inhumans. I'm absolutely fine with my original stories for Inhumans thanks
    Cohost of the Attilan Rising Podcast available now: Attilan Rising Website | iTunes | Google Play

Monthly Pull List: I don't update this nearly enough

Trade Pull List: Ms Marvel, Captain Marvel, Captain America: Sam Wilson, Ultimates, Karnak, Squadron Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by adameastment View Post
    Yep, because we haven't already had enough M-Day versions since M-Day just from the X-Men that we now need it for the Inhumans. I'm absolutely fine with my original stories for Inhumans thanks
    Honestly if Marvel ever wanted to drop the Inhuman push the fact they usually live in secluded cities they'd probably just move someplace hidden again.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Honestly if Marvel ever wanted to drop the Inhuman push the fact they usually live in secluded cities they'd probably just move someplace hidden again.
    yeah pretty much, Reader could easily gather all Inhumans in one place, the royals say they're leaving and people like Kamala, Quake and Moon Girl probably stay behind.

Yeah, they're done. I'd imagine this time two years the only inhuman book on the market will be Ms Marvel. It's hard to not be....joyful about this as an X-Men fan. I do feel sorry for some Inhuman fans, the ones who knew what Marvel were trying to do, and why it was wrong. As for the others who denied it to the ground? Well, i guess this is what you get when you cross X-Men fans lol.