Page 180 of 180 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180
Results 2,686 to 2,688 of 2688
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Since we have Cousins WATCH happening as the Redskins debate on whether to pay him upwards of $30 million a season there is a number of teams that are scouting him likely. Now do I think he'll get that $30 million a season ? Doubtful. But here is what I'd do....if I was the Arizona Cardinals.

- Hire Todd Haley : Haley had a 1st run with the Arizona Cardinals back when they 1st went to a Super Bowl. His offensive unit was ranked in the top in 2007 and 2008 when he ran the offense there. Hiring Haley could be a push for them to show Larry Fitzgerald that they wanna keep an offensive coach who has a history with him. Plus Haley's offense is drastically better than Arians which pretty much had Palmer get beat up and in retirement as we saw.

- Sign Kirk Cousins : You don't pay Cousins $30 million , you just pay $20-25 million per season basically. Cousins is the experienced signal caller who Haley needs for his system. You don't break the bank but with offensive talent around , his signing may convince Fitzgerald to return for next season and possibly longer.

- Draft a QB : In case Cousin's doesn't work , in the 2nd round you draft a QB to groom ahead possibly. Either way you have options ready.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Incredible Member

That's not really moneyball though..... That's just good talent evaluating and roster management. NFL teams don't need money ball.

Moneyball is knowing you can't buy preemium players because you aren't the Yankees and putting MLB talent through an analytical evaluation to project how much production they will have over a contract period and signing smart contracts before a player begins to peak, getting some of their best years before the top franchises out bit you and moving on to the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    That's not really moneyball though..... That's just good talent evaluating and roster management. NFL teams don't need money ball.

Moneyball is knowing you can't buy preemium players because you aren't the Yankees and putting MLB talent through an analytical evaluation to project how much production they will have over a contract period and signing smart contracts before a player begins to peak, getting some of their best years before the top franchises out bit you and moving on to the next one.
    A large part of moneyball was also the recognition that certain stats are overvalued and others are undervalued. The base concept can be ported in, but you can only use it so much. In Baseball each player is pretty much on an island and can be evaluated as an individual, in Football you need to account for how they affect everyone around them.