Page 179 of 179 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179
Results 2,671 to 2,677 of 2677
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I know Thomas took pride in being loyal to that team. Still he wasted his entire career there. They have not been committed to winning his whole time there.
    He'll go into the Hall of Fame and be remembered for playing on all those terrible teams sadly. The whole idea by Sashi Brown to implement a strategy called "Money Ball" only works in MLB. It can't work in the NFL. I felt for Thomas when Brown allowed all the experienced offensive linemen to leave last year. A fact Schwartz (one of their best OL's) was told his deal wasn't gonna happen and he was stunned. Because he had plans to stay in Cleveland , then KC swooped in quick to sign him. As he joked he had no plans on being in KC and thought he'd be in Cleveland long term.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    He'll go into the Hall of Fame and be remembered for playing on all those terrible teams sadly. The whole idea by Sashi Brown to implement a strategy called "Money Ball" only works in MLB. It can't work in the NFL. I felt for Thomas when Brown allowed all the experienced offensive linemen to leave last year. A fact Schwartz (one of their best OL's) was told his deal wasn't gonna happen and he was stunned. Because he had plans to stay in Cleveland , then KC swooped in quick to sign him. As he joked he had no plans on being in KC and thought he'd be in Cleveland long term.
    Even if the "Money Ball" thing did work (it wasn't going to), Thomas was not going to be there when it did. Also, the NFL has a HARD SALARY CAP. You didn't need to worry about competing with teams with more money in big markets. The Patriots, Giants, and Cowboys can't spend more money than you. Also more so than baesball, players are individual contributers. You can look at their stats and project likely stats and it doesn't matter which team they are on, because a guys going to get that percentage of hits regardless. In football a great defensive tackle could be be mediocre going from a 3-4 to a 4-3. The scheme and the rest of the talent are dynamic and effect each other.

I just don't think the Browns really care too much about winning. And if they do the owner is a complete failure and has no idea what he is doing.

Championship Sunday.

Jax @ N.E. Pats as 9 point fav.
    Minnesota @ Philly the Iggles are getting 3.5?

Pats cover and I'm still rockin' with Philly to win a close one.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

In classic New England style, both Brady and Belichick refuse to talk about the Brady "hand injury" that doesn't exist.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Even if the "Money Ball" thing did work (it wasn't going to), Thomas was not going to be there when it did. Also, the NFL has a HARD SALARY CAP. You didn't need to worry about competing with teams with more money in big markets. The Patriots, Giants, and Cowboys can't spend more money than you. Also more so than baesball, players are individual contributers. You can look at their stats and project likely stats and it doesn't matter which team they are on, because a guys going to get that percentage of hits regardless. In football a great defensive tackle could be be mediocre going from a 3-4 to a 4-3. The scheme and the rest of the talent are dynamic and effect each other.

I just don't think the Browns really care too much about winning. And if they do the owner is a complete failure and has no idea what he is doing.

The crazy concept here that Sashi Brown envisioned was , cheaper and more talent to spread among the roster. Its why he did the moves he did. Its why he made trades to assemble tons of draft picks. In fact here was the number of draft picks in 2015-2017 that the Browns had....

6 : 1st round draft picks.

16 Draft Picks in the top #100 since 2015.

Over 36 draft picks since 2015.

The idea was they could bring more younger talent in and it would be cheaper. Except they didn't draft at all well. In fact here is the players you can say are busts. I'll Bold them .

Danny Shelton (2015) - Has only 1.5 sacks since 2015 as a DT.
    Camering Erving (2015) - Traded to Kansas City for a 5th rd pick after only 17 career starts in Cleveland. BUST.

Nate Orchard (2015) - Has appeared in all games since drafted , only started 2 games the last 2 seasons and has 5 career sacks as DE.
    Duke Johnson (2015) - Has been the best performer for Browns and had over 1,000+ combined yards from scrimmage passing/rec last year.
    Xavier Cooper (2015) - Was cut after 2 seasons and 1.5 sacks as DE. Played for the 49ers and Jets last season.
    Ibraheim Campbell (2015) - Started 8 games in 2016 as Safety and cut after injury in 2017. Now with Texans.
    Vince Mayle (2015) - Broke his thumb in Senior Bowl and dropped passes in camp , was cut. Now with Ravens
    Charles Gaines (2015) - Gaines was cut after camp. Currently not in League.
    Malcolm Johnson (2015) - Johnson barely saw field as a FB and caught 5 passes , was cut after 2016 season

Randall Telfer (2015) - Plays TE and is primary a blocker in Jackson's offense.
    Hayes Pullard (2015) - Plays ILB for Chargers now after being cut by Browns. Started 10 games last year for them.

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu (2015) - Was cut after 2015 season. Currently outta the league.

What is scary is no impact players drafted. 2 role players and Johnson who basically is a 3rd back catching passes outta the backfield.

Corey Coleman (2016) - Has battled injuries and only has 56 receptions for 718 yards and 5 TD's in 2 seasons.
    Emmanuel Ogbah (2016) - Likely the best draft pick the Browns made in 2 seasons. Injury ruined his 2017 seasons ...has 9.5 sacks in 14 games.
    Carl Nassib (2016) - Started 12 games at DE , only had 3 sacks.
    Shon Coleman (2016) - OT , started all 16 games in 2017. No clue what his ranking is.
    Cody Kessler (2016) - Started 8 games in 2016 , was 3rd string QB in 2017 and will be cut likely in 2018.

Joe Shobert (2016) - Another solid draft pick , Shobert had 144 tackles as a MLB in 2017.
    Ricardo Louis (2016) - Part of the WR rotation in 2017. Caught 27 passes.
    Derrick Kindred (2016) - After injury 2016 , took over starting safety job in 2017.
    Seth DeValve (2016) - Devalve only started 4 games as TE in 2017 but his numbers increased.
    Jordan Payton (2016) - Caught 1 pass in 2016 and was cut by team.
    Spencer Drango (2016) - Maybe the heir apparent to Joe Thomas. Took his spot in 2017.
    Rashard Higgins (2016) - Part of WR rotation , had over 300+ yards receiving in 2017.
    Trey Caldwell (2016) - Cut after camp.
    Scooby Wright (2016) - LB was placed on practice squad by Browns , signed by Cardinals.

In all the Browns maybe had 2 players who have made a big impact and that was Shobert and Ogbah . But this speaks volumes that almost all the draft picks get cut within 3 seasons and many are role players like the WR's. No stand outs . 2 impact players in over 20+ draft picks , this is why the Browns are faltering.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Rebel that Rebels BeastieRunner's Avatar

Brady got 4 stitches on his finger.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I heard Sean McVay of the Rams won Coach of the Year. I think that was well deserved.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!