Page 9 of 104 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

C'mon guys where's the buzz? Where's the excitement? The Patriots have the worst record in football!!!!

Alex Smith didn't look so game managery last night. 28/35 for 368 and 4 TD's, don't think I've ever seen him put that up before. Some of those throws were right on it too. I heard Al and Chris mention the supposed fans want to see Mahomes, maybe that's the push AS needs.

BTW, I've usually been a fan of Al even though his best days are behind him, he's wandering into Crypt Keeper-lookin' territory in 2017.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I don't like the Pats but don't hate them (I save that for Dallas and Pitts), but Pats fans can remember that the last KC rout turned out well for them in the end:
    The 2014 New England Patriots started the 2014 season 2-2, including an embarrassing loss to the Kansas City Chiefs in primetime by the score of 41-14. After that game, the football world lost its collective mind with people asking if Tom Brady was washed up. After the game, Bill Belichick said four words that should have chilled Bengals fans to their core: "We're on to Cincinnati." When the Patriots move on, they move on, in that case to the tune of a 41-17 drubbing of the Bengals at Gillette Stadium the next week. The Patriots would then go 10-2 over the course of the rest of the season, and then went on to win the Super Bowl against Seattle.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...what-happened/
    Thank you America for voting for change.

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I don't like the Pats but don't hate them (I save that for Dallas and Pitts), but Pats fans can remember that the last KC rout turned out well for them in the end:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...what-happened/
    Its just one game as you posted really. What we need is reporters again to question Brady and possibly benching him. To make him ERUPT IN ANGER. I remember the next week Brady destroyed the Bengals as that look of....I'll show you exactly what I can do.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Class 5 Roaming Vapor BeastieRunner's Avatar

The 3 years NE has lost the opening game of the season since 2001, they've gone on to win the Super Bowl.

Also, I won $100 off the game! I remember the conversation but not the bet from 2 years ago. I was talking to my friend saying Smith is better than people give him credit for. He just needs to be pushed. I said, "Just watch, when KC gets a person to push him for his job he'll throw for over 300 yards on the first game he's pushed on." BOOM! He paid up this morning. The money sure softened the blow of my -1 point from NE DEF this morning.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I didn't watch the game. Was Smith just on fire or were the Patriots really not playing well?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I didn't watch the game. Was Smith just on fire or were the Patriots really not playing well?
    Smith was on the money. I think this was arguably his best game. Definitely top three ever. The other two being the playoff game against New Orleans when he was a 49er and the game against the Colts as a Chief. The game against the Saints he was actually up and down a lot of it. The Colts game he played well the entire game from what I remember. But the Chiefs lost. In this game he was on the money the entire contest, and the Chiefs won. My two biggest issues with Smith has been his habit of not pushing the ball down the field and never having a huge monster game where he played like dynamite all four quarters. I was a 49ers fan so I've seen most of his career. He probably won't play like this every week, but if the Chiefs offensive line plays as great as they did against the Patriots he could have a big year. Especially with guys like Hunt, Kelice, and Hill in the arsenal.

Fantastic Member

Smith played really well. The Patriots actually had a good game plan to contain Kelce. Hunt ended up being a revelation though and was a big problem for the Patriots who weren't expecting him. Patriots had some trouble in the trenches on both sides when it came to the run. They were bad in shortage yardage situations on offense and really had too many guys blowing run stop assignments. Expect that to be fixed.

Class 5 Roaming Vapor BeastieRunner's Avatar

Both.

Pats did well on D for 1Q and only could contain the TEs after that.

Smith played out of his mind. Both his RBs played crazy good.

It'll be interesting to see where both these teams are come December.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It'll be interesting to see where both these teams are come December.
    Its too early to tell, especially when all teams haven't even played their first matchups. But the Chiefs have had a way lately with getting it done in the regular season, so I expect them to be playoff bound again.

Is there really doubt about where the Patriots will be? Wait - don't you go firing up Brady with talk like this!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    C'mon guys where's the buzz? Where's the excitement? The Patriots have the worst record in football!!!!
    So what if they do.
    No doubt Pats are still going to the playoffs so nothing to talk about other than overreactions.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series

It's official, Zeke got his injunction, which means he will most likely play all of this year (yay!) and if his suspension isn't over turned, he won't have to serve it until next season. After hearing the judges ruling on giving him the injunction, I think Zeke has a real good chance of getting his suspension over turned. The judge states that Henderson "breached the terms of the CBA".
    I will fight. Forever. For everyone, whether they know it or not. Whether they are watching or not. I will always fight.---Daredevil

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Priceless Cowherd was complaining about not a non issue Mark Wahlberg because he was wearing a tshirt that shows off his arm muscles.

It's not gross but Cowherd still said the asinine comment it's gross, and no doubt either he's bitter that he overestimated the Pats to be a 14-2 team which is a pipe longshot dream, he envies he doesn't have the body and arm muscles that Mark Wahlberg has, or it's both.

Both. Patriots were still ahead until Donta Hightower went down with an injury. Losing a defensive leader like that... the Patriots started getting gashed for big plays by the Chiefs. They already had given up more than you would expect, but that put it to the next level.

I may be kicking myself for leaving Kareem Hunt on my bench in Fantasy, but I don't regret having second thoughts about New England's defense and swapping them out for Buffalo's on Sunday (they get the anemic Jets). I almost went with the Rams vs. the Colts... but they aren't playing Aaron Donald and I know somehow that Frank Gore will rise from the dead one last time and get 150 yards from scrimmage.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Priceless Cowherd was complaining about not a non issue Mark Wahlberg because he was wearing a tshirt that shows off his arm muscles.

It's not gross but Cowherd still said the asinine comment it's gross, and no doubt either he's bitter that he overestimated the Pats to be a 14-2 team which is a pipe longshot dream, he envies he doesn't have the body and arm muscles that Mark Wahlberg has, or it's both.
    Cowherd is the worst, most irrelevant douchebag in radio. He had an interview with Jim Harbaugh he botched a few years ago and announced the University of Michigan was crap, and kids should go to Ohio State instead, because he's a petty jagoff like that. I'll note, Michigan looks pretty damned good under Harbaugh.

Still, point being, Cowherd is a rare sports talk personality repellent enough that I now change the dial when he's on. It's not just about that one incident, I've heard him defend players who are suspended for domestic abuse because there's not enough evidence on the regular since Big Ben was given four for raping two girls.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.