Page 17 of 103 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

The Vikings defense is a great bend but don't break holding the Formidable Saints to 4 Fgs.

The NFC North could be the best division in the NFL.

A great win for the Vikings which likely again has a Formidable Great Stingy defense.

Rex M Effing Ryan
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

So, how do I look at this as a fan? I mean, the way the Broncos limped to a win here after having the game well in hand with 8 minutes left in the game....I dunno. The block was cool. The meltdown that proceeded what was admittedly a turnover that should never have happened, again in about 8 minutes, that's mighty discouraging.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Saint's defense is still pathetic, to the point that it's hard to tell if the Viking's O Line has improved all that much or not, no pass rush, and an undrafted FA getting blown out in the back field all game long

Bronco's have now won back to back season openers on missed field goals, Chargers and Phillip Rivers will forever be the team that "if only they could play like that for four quarters"

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Andrew Luck Already Out For Week 2, Will He Return This Season?

Sunday's butt-whuppin' at the hands of the Rams showed Indy has serious problems on defense as they made the formerly inept Jared Goff look like Tom Brady. If that was a taste of what 2017 is going to be like for the Colts, then head coach Chuck Pagano had better start polishing his resume as he won't be around for very long. As for Luck, why not keep him out for the season as putting him on the field with that dumpster fire of a team could be seen as criminal.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I bet Adrian Peterson is released before the end of the year.

Mighty Member

My new updated predictions for the year after Week 1:

AFC East
    1. Patriots 11-5
    2. Bills 8-8
    3. Dolphins 6-10
    4. Jets 4-12

AFC North
    1. Steelers 13-3 #1 seed
    2. Ravens 8-8
    3. Bengals 6-10
    4. Browns 3-13

AFC South
    1. Titans 10-6
    2. Jaguars 7-9
    3. Texans 6-10
    4. Colts 5-11

AFC West
    1. Raiders 12-4 #2 seed
    2. Chiefs 11-5 wild card
    3. Broncos 10-6 wild card
    4. Chargers 5-11

NFC East
    1. Cowboys 12-4
    2. Eagles 10-6
    3. Giants 6-10
    4. Redskins 5-11

NFC North
    1. Packers 13-3
    2. Lions 10-6
    3. Vikings 8-8
    4. Bears 5-11

NFC South
    1. Falcons 11-5
    2. Bucs 10-6
    3. Panthers 8-8
    4. Saints 4-12

NFC West
    1. Seahawks 11-5
    2. Cardinals 7-9
    3. Rams 6-10
    4. 49ers 3-13

Nice to hear a woman's voice in the play-by-play on MNF. Beth Mowans did well.

Also, Vance Joseph had the best "waiting to call timeout and ice the kicker" face I have ever seen.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

And now for my yearly tradition of getting pissed off over meaningless power rankings

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    And now for my yearly tradition of getting pissed off over meaningless power rankings
    They really don't mean anything. Before the season started, the Cowboys were ranked anywhere from 7-12, depending on which list you were looking at. Now, they're at 4 or 5. One week doesn't mean anything.
    I will fight. Forever. For everyone, whether they know it or not. Whether they are watching or not. I will always fight.---Daredevil

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    They really don't mean anything. Before the season started, the Cowboys were ranked anywhere from 7-12, depending on which list you were looking at. Now, they're at 4 or 5. One week doesn't mean anything.
    They never are, but they're usually maintained by one writer these days so it's pretty much the same as getting angry over a dumb article

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

What a coincidence! I'm watching Power Rankings on NFL Network right now.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    What a coincidence! I'm watching Power Rankings on NFL Network right now.
    Those ones actually aren't too bad, my big beef was with ESPN for dropping the Falcons 5 spots to 7th for winning a close game against the Bears that came down to one play(he dropped them more than the Patriots for christs sakes)... and then raised the Steelers 4 spots to number one after winning a close game with the Browns that came down to one play.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 09-12-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Power Rankings are fun but I dont' put too much stock in them....ESPECIALLY after Week 1
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.