Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Astonishing Member The Dork Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InvincibleDom View Post
    You mean this comment?:

I've always thought of Kraven as a Ringer.

It's kind of what the category is for; characters who are ambiguously beyond peak human but fall short of the outright meta level dudes like Spidey, Iron Fist and Daredevil.

As to the fight, it's kind of even. Laura's got a lot more deadly weaponry to hand (hurr hurr) and has a healing factor to boot. Kraven's lion lasers routinely have messed up Spiderman on hit so he might be able to gank some wins that way but I'd say like... 6-7/10 in Laura's favour.

which would be opposite to your comment of:
    Strange, I dont see how it contradicst anything I said

The consensus by and large seems to be so far that Kraven is at least a "ringer" making him faster than the peak-human-at-best Laura
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 09-06-2017 at 01:03 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Strange, I dont see how it contradicst anything I said
    ... ok let me try to help.

"I've always thought of Kraven as a Ringer" is not the "The consensus by and large" (one person's opinion on a topic is not the groups)

"characters who are ambiguously beyond peak human" is not "faster than the peak-human-at-best Laura" (ambiguous does not necessarily entail faster)

Furthermore the person who wrote it believed X-23 would win and she later conceded that she was using the term incorrectly. No mention of win or lose by speed.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 09-07-2017 at 05:51 AM.

Astonishing Member Old School Ollie 1962's Avatar

Compelling and insightful assessments on both sides. I'm starting to think this fight could go either way.

Also, I feel it's really important to note Kraven has Cosmic Cube Hunting feats:
    http://i.imgur.com/2ePn1PQ.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/ubnY2P7.jpg

The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Also, I feel it's really important to note Kraven has Cosmic Cube Hunting feats:
    http://i.imgur.com/2ePn1PQ.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/ubnY2P7.jpg

I really don't know why this isn't mentioned more. One of the best things in recent comic history.
    "Someone or thing has got to pay, it's given too much to take away. Oh I just want a legacy, Oh I just want it all to never fade! Don't we all arrive, at the same place where we began?" - Divisi

I will at most say that sometimes for some characters, all you really have to go by are the fights they get into (Count Nefaria for instance is the big example of this, he basically straight up doesn't really exist much as a character post becoming superpowered outside of the handful of direct fights he's been in), they don't do much if anything at all outside of them, and even in them they don't do much besides that direct fight. So if you're looking to act like you can have some kind of big ol nerd debate involving that character, all there is to weigh them by is the details of the fights they get up to as far as what they do in them, and how well that reconciles with the person they're fighting and their own capacity. This isn't the case for most characters really, but certainly for more than a handful.

It seemed like a relevant note.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 09-07-2017 at 05:57 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InvincibleDom View Post
    You complimented him specifically on this thought.
    All good, then.

Again, I'm not 100% sold either way, though. There's feats, there's presentation, and Kraven - while short on the former, but not completely out - is doing really well on the latter. I'm totally with Kraven being faster than Peak Human, I'm just not with him being 'as fast as Spiderman'.

Just fast enough to be able to fight him.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 09-07-2017 at 04:29 AM.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

"...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

"[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

Folks...if any of you witnessed any of the crap I just deleted, let that be a lesson on how not to behave on the forums. Thanks.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Eddard Stark's other bastard

"Looks like someone is going to college! And that person and I have something in common; college!" ~Kimmy Schmidt