Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is why i love Superman.
    His compassion has no bounds. He will save the one who put his life in danger at the risk of his own life. He will give speeches to save the people from going down the wrong path. Even if trapped he owns the room. This is what Superman is: embodiment of hope and protector of everyone.

spoilers:
    I have question for the fans here. Can everyone wield a ring? Or someone like Superman can? Anyone who is more conversant in Lanterns lore can clear my doubt. It would be appreciated.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 09-07-2017 at 06:18 PM.

Spectacular Member Knightsilver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    His compassion has no bounds. He will save the one who put his life in danger at the risk of his own life. He will give speeches to save the people from going down the wrong path. Even if trapped he owns the room. This is what Superman is: embodiment of hope and protector of everyone.

spoilers:
    I have question for the fans here. Can everyone wield a ring? Or someone like Superman can? Anyone who is more conversant in Lanterns lore can clear my doubt. It would be appreciated.
    end of spoilers
    Anyone can wield a ring if they have certain strong personality traits(like will,fear,hope, anger, love).

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    Anyone can wield a ring if they have certain strong personality traits(like will,fear,hope, anger, love).
    Thank you for clearing this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Absolutely. I LOVE this. Would be nice to start seeing more of this idea in other mediums...
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    Johns retconned it so that you REALLY have to strong willed to wield a GL ring (see Ollie ringing up a rather....limp....arrow). That's a retcon I'm all for.

But I think Supes could really match Hal in the will department, as we saw him do the fear thing here. He's also do pretty well in hope and probably love and compassion (but less so for greed and rage).

Isn't there an explanation somewhere that Superman technically isn't from 2814, and that's why hes never gotten a ring, or was that just fan speculation?

All-New Member

Thanks for the lively discussion. I've learned a lot reading all your thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by keith champagne View Post
    Thank you for such a solid and enjoyable issue, Mr. Champagne .

Thanks for giving us distinct moments where we can get behind Superman as our guy. I like him as written by others but we can never have too many good Superman moments of personality.

Thanks for the awesome issue. Superman asking Sinestro to come and take the ring was particularly badass.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Isn't there an explanation somewhere that Superman technically isn't from 2814, and that's why hes never gotten a ring, or was that just fan speculation?
    Action Comics 642 explained that Superman was the first being worthy for the ring but he was from Sector 2813 hence he was not chosen.

Thanks for the the arc, althought story wise wasn't anything groundbreaking, your Superman was picth perfect, personality wise, i hope to see more of your work in the future.

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

Thank you for writing a Superman that seemed to really hit the best notes of his all aspects of his characterizations. Your Superman reminds me a lot of Greg Pak's, and coming from me that's a big compliment. Hope to see you get more Superman work soon!
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    Ok. Well I'm a woman. Who is married. And I'm a mother. And I had an issue with it.

It wouldn't have been "that bad" if this was the first offense. But it's not. This is a series of offenses. This is only the latest example in many examples of male writers stripping away the things that make Lois the person she is. She has been used almost exclusively in only domestic situations for the entire duration of this book. She has served food to men on a number of occasions. For God's sake, she had her freaking leg chopped off to fuel male drama and then, in the end, it was literally for nothing. I'm tired. It feels deliberate at this point.
    well i will play devil's advocate here but what is wrong with lois being a housewife? cant she be free to either be a nation changer or be at home watching dramas? does that mean that every woman out there in home watching news and dramas are slaves?

Her being at home, and not at work makes sense given the context. Remember the story is about all these kids were being kidnapped in Metropolis. She probably just didn't want to leave her son alone while the kidnapper was still on the loose.