View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elsewhere #2

0 0%
  • Kingsman: The Red Diamond #1 (of 6) [series premiere]

2 18.18%
  • Motor Crush #6

0 0%
  • Outcast #30

0 0%
  • Postal #22

0 0%
  • Rocket Girl #9

2 18.18%
  • Scales & Scoundrels #1 [series premiere]

3 27.27%
  • Seven To Eternity #9

2 18.18%
  • The Walking Dead #171

1 9.09%
  • The Wicked + The Divine #31

1 9.09%

Default Image Comics poll week 36 - Manners Maketh Movies

Hey everyone, welcome back to the Image poll! We do these weekly, so join in if you'd like by voting or posting.

The previous week's poll was won by reliable forum-favourite Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses, taking its third win of the year already.

This week is quite a busy one, with Motor Crush staring a fresh storyline you can jump onto, Outcast seemingly providing some sort of closure on its current storyline, Seven To Eternity endings its storyline for sure, and the Walking Dead throws another wrench in the works.

New this week are two things:
    1. Scales & Scoundrels looks like a gorgeous, and probably pretty funny swords & scorcery comic by the writer of Shirtless Bear-Fighter. If you're looking for a colourful adventure series, with a plot reminiscent of the Hobbit (find dragon, nab treasure, RUN) this one is likely up your alley!

2. Kingsman: The Red Diamond begins publication just in time to coincide with the release of the new movie, based on the previous storyline (The Golden Circle). You know the drill by now, working-class kid turned international superspy Eggsy is on some sort of trip to alluring destination X to stop global terror threat Y. Rob Williams & Simon Fraser are doing this one, so not sure if Mark Millar was too busy? Regardless, if they hit this one out of the park and the new movie does well, we might see this one in cinemas in 3 years time!

289718.jpg 289701.jpg

Outcast and TWD for me. Voted TWD. I liked the Princess. I didn't think I would, but I enjoyed her a lot. A little lightness in this book is a good thing.

Elsewhere
    Scales and Scoundrels
    The Walking Dead
    The Wicked + The Divine.

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    Scales and Scoundrels
    I'd be curious to hear if you liked this! I like the art but am wondering about the story. Have dropped several fantasy series over the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    I'd be curious to hear if you liked this! I like the art but am wondering about the story. Have dropped several fantasy series over the past few years.
    Eh...it was okay I guess. Not much story in this one. It was mostly just introducing the main character and she didn't exactly blow me away. I'll give it another issue or two but it's far from a sure thing that I stick with it. The art is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    Eh...it was okay I guess. Not much story in this one. It was mostly just introducing the main character and she didn't exactly blow me away. I'll give it another issue or two but it's far from a sure thing that I stick with it. The art is nice.
    Hmmm okay, well do let us know how it develops if you end up sticking with it for a while. I dropped Autumnlands a while back and Mirror has seemingly been delayed for a while now, and I doubt From Under Mountains will continue at this point... So I'm kind of lacking a good fantasy title at the moment. I guess Saga comes closest really.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Hmmm okay, well do let us know how it develops if you end up sticking with it for a while. I dropped Autumnlands a while back and Mirror has seemingly been delayed for a while now, and I doubt From Under Mountains will continue at this point... So I'm kind of lacking a good fantasy title at the moment. I guess Saga comes closest really.
    Have you read Monstress? Great read, really beautiful art.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Have you read Monstress? Great read, really beautiful art.
    Yesssssss big fan! Can't believe I forgot that one, must be because I went the trade route for it. The art on Monstress hits that "Final Fantasy concept art" level a lot for me, although I'm glad it's very much its own story. I think it's the architecture, chiefly.