Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member The_Phenom2893's Avatar

Funny how only like 5 people read OML's solo on the forums. I can't really count the Jean Grey fans who catch wind when she appears there. Even though, she frequently appeared, but not anymore with the whole relaunched thing. Yet, it's the most selling x-title(its the first when it comes to the solo).
    Last edited by The_Phenom2893; 09-06-2017 at 09:40 PM.

Spectacular Member

I wish Bunn were writing this one. Since Soule doesn't care about or care for continuity then why not give him the book that spits in the face of continuity completely.

That said.....maybe I'm wrong but I thought that scene with Xavier was another of the Shadowking's illusions and that he really does have OML. Maybe not. But really I'm not a fan of the OML focused issue. I generally think he's written fairly decently and really he's written how Logan should be anyway. But my issue is still the alternate reality thing....why do that instead of just giving us the real one.

I still don't get why they'd send these characters to the astral plane. I think it would be far more impactful if the story was about psychics going to the astral plane and not just random X-Men.

The story isn't horrible. I just think it's pretty clear that Soule isn't really an X-Men fan. I think it shows

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This place isn't real. Certainly not reflective of fandom as a whole. The more this place loves something, generally the worse it sells. And vice versa. #fakenews
    The post you responded to literally said "I am in the minority here". Any other place is irrelevant as he specifically was talking about his opinion in comparison to other posters in this thread

Oh. I took it as here on the planet Earth. My bad.

I thought the issue to be very good. Not so great as the first 2, but still good. I liked the way Bunn worte Warren here. I don't care that much about it been different from Bunn's Warren, since that Archangel was a not-character to be honest. He did not speak anything and was just there, as a statue.

And I think that there is something very wrong with Xavier. This is not the one that we know. Not completely, at least. Maybe just a reflection built by Farouk, and that is why they have the same color of the writing. When Xavier says "He has many uses", I got very triggered. Maybe he is controlling Logan, but the eyes by the end look like an effect from SK. Curious to see what happened there in the next issue.

Okay, correct me if im wrong, but this is how i interpreted the issue:

Charles and Farouk are using the xmen in a chess game
    Farouk is winning, pulling most of the xmen into his illusions
    Xavier creates an illusion of logan fighting sinister to fool farouk
    Xavier uses the opportunity to talk to logan
    Logan thinks Xavier is an illusion, but Charles stops him
    Charllie wants them to work together because shadow king is dangerous
    OML is cocky because he killed his own realitys shadow king (which is bullcrap, its just nonsense, seriously, its rubbish, OML kills shadow king on the god darned astral plane, WTF is Soule on? Terrigen crystal meth? Peanut mist? Dammit, the isuue was just smh)
    Chuck, tells the old fart that this shadow king is different and is stronger than usual
    Wolverine keeps being an obstinate douche and asshole to Xavier, just because
    Xavier, gets out of his chair in his old school astral armor and beats Logan
    Amahl comments that sinister has beaten logan
    chuck agrees and says he doesn't care
    Shadow king uses OML to attack people in the real world.

Okay,, so we could interpret this as, Chuck getting in Logans way, allowing him to get possessed by shadow king, but Xavier isnt so straight forward and usually has something planned. Im guessing its a ruse or trap that charles has set up using logan (which explains why chuck was straining harder than usual, as noted by farouk).
    What do you guys think

Maybe controling Logan in real world will make SK a little bit weacker or just not so concentrated on astral plane?

Interesting if Fano and Mystique will be villains? No real reason for them to be there.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 09-07-2017 at 02:03 AM.

Yeah, this issue was the definition of an underwhelming.

I am not that invested in OML's character and story to begin with, and also I don't like how Betsy is sidelined. I imagine she'd be a bigger presence in Astonishing, alas one can dream.

The visuals of Mystique and Fantomex drinking champagne and flashing smiles to each other like some sort of glamorous lovers made me cackle, though.

Fantastic Member Geek Mangacomic's Avatar

All of these OML haters are whining about how he has a focus issue... I mean, we all know that Gambit, Fantomex, Mystique, a Rogue (and probably Angel, Bishop, and Psylocke) are going to have plenty of chances to shine in this series.
    Last edited by Geek Mangacomic; 09-07-2017 at 04:10 AM.
    Series I'm Picking Up/Going To Be Picking Up
    X-Men Gold
    Astonishing X-Men
    Weapon X
    Old Man Logan
    Deadpool vs Old Man Logan
    Phoenix: Ressurection
    Headcanons
    Marvel: Earth 298 (2099) is a possible future of Earth 807128 (Old Man Logan's future)

Quote Originally Posted by Nabu View Post
    Yeah, this issue was the definition of an underwhelming.

I am not that invested in OML's character and story to begin with, and also I don't like how Betsy is sidelined. I imagine she'd be a bigger presence in Astonishing, alas one can dream.

The visuals of Mystique and Fantomex drinking champagne and flashing smiles to each other like some sort of glamorous lovers made me cackle, though.
    They also are burning so I hope at least 1 of them will burn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    All of these OML haters are whining about how he has a focus issue... I mean, we all know that Gambit, Fantomex, Mystique, a Rogue (and probably Angel, Bishop, and Psylocke) are going to have plenty of chances to shine in this series.
    People don't like it because he has two other teams and a solo already to focus on him. Not to mention his legacy characters add to this with Jimmy running around and to a much lesser extent, Laura. People were already annoyed with him being on the team but when it's an issue it just highlights the topic of Wolverine oversaturation.

Sure he sells great in his solo, but I don't think he boosts numbers that much on teams. Speaking as a Rogue fan, I can't say much since my favorite is being used on two teams at once as well, but Wolverine's situation is on another level.

I think they are trying to milk OML as much as possible before original Wolverine return.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I think they are trying to milk OML as much as possible before original Wolverine return.
    Job well done.
    Ideas never die.
    DeadpoolX-MenIronManDaredevilTMNT

Fantastic Member Geek Mangacomic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    People don't like it because he has two other teams and a solo already to focus on him. Not to mention his legacy characters add to this with Jimmy running around and to a much lesser extent, Laura. People were already annoyed with him being on the team but when it's an issue it just highlights the topic of Wolverine oversaturation.

Sure he sells great in his solo, but I don't think he boosts numbers that much on teams. Speaking as a Rogue fan, I can't say much since my favorite is being used on two teams at once as well, but Wolverine's situation is on another level.
    Yeah, he gets so much focus in X-Men Gold....
    Series I'm Picking Up/Going To Be Picking Up
    X-Men Gold
    Astonishing X-Men
    Weapon X
    Old Man Logan
    Deadpool vs Old Man Logan
    Phoenix: Ressurection
    Headcanons
    Marvel: Earth 298 (2099) is a possible future of Earth 807128 (Old Man Logan's future)

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I think you may be right. Clues seem to indicate that Logan is the big return being teed up in Legacy #1 ("long awaited return of a major icon", why Jean is in Canada, Steve McNiven's involvement and connection to the character).