Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Amazing Member

I don't understand how Warren playing it cool and collected makes him a hippie ?

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw22 View Post
    I don't understand how Warren playing it cool and collected makes him a hippie ?
    "I forgive you."
    That's definitely religious hippie territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw22 View Post
    Hippie Angel was a nickname for the version of Warren after he lost his memories after Dark Angel Saga. He had long hair and was really naοve and religious and thought he was a real angel. That version of Warren wasn't very popular with fans. The way Warren acted all happy during Astonishing 3 and told the police he forgave them reminded some readers of Hippie Angel.

I thought he was just trying to negotiate with the police and had to control his temper to keep from becoming Archangel after the police wounded him. The way he kept his temper under control was to say he forgave the police.

I think Xavier is in control, but much more like a 'few people gonna die for the greater good' way. Seems befitting his modern personality of being written as a good guy but rather cold and douchey...something Xavier is not TRULY. So sayeth this 80's-90's X-Fan.

I think he said 'not my Logan' and acted the way he did to keep SK from being suspicious of some deep plan of his.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

There is no doubt at all that if this is truly Xavier he has undergone a severe personality shift

He definitely comes across super morally neutral and cold / calculating here, but then again it could sort of be excused away as he is a prisoner of SK and needs to play it cool to eventually get out

I guess until Xavier actually does something with real negative consequences like cause deaths etc we can't quite say he's crossed into evil territory

He definitely does not come across as all warm fuzzy grandpa though
    Chris Claremont, Peter David, Mike Carey, Cullen Bunn = canon. Others = fanfic.

My impression of this Xavier is that he has been corrupted by the SK, but is not yet fully under the SK's control.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Depends. Technically you could say Colossus appears more, but he's portrayed as an idiot with the whole romance plot gong on. And Rachel technically had some spotlight but then she keeps fainting on almost every issue. Logan has balanced screentime and is shown as capable.
    I know I shouldn't but I laughed reading that.
    Last edited by Nabu; 09-08-2017 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Depends. Technically you could say Colossus appears more, but he's portrayed as an idiot with the whole romance plot gong on. And Rachel technically had some spotlight but then she keeps fainting on almost every issue. Logan has balanced screentime and is shown as capable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabu View Post
    I know I shouldn't but I laughed reading that.
    OH! Ok I get it now. Rachel is the child of TAS Jean.

Fantastic Member Geek Mangacomic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    OH! Ok I get it now. Rachel is the child of TAS Jean.
    Yes.
    /10char
    Series I'm Picking Up/Going To Be Picking Up
    X-Men Gold
    Astonishing X-Men
    Weapon X
    Old Man Logan
    Deadpool vs Old Man Logan
    Phoenix: Ressurection
    Headcanons
    Marvel: Earth 298 (2099) is a possible future of Earth 807128 (Old Man Logan's future)

Astonishing Member

The first two issues didn't quite do it for me - didn't dislike them but just wasn't overly crazy about them - but I enjoyed this one quite a bit.