Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Yeah but it was a one off deal to determine who was stronger and will be able to defeat others to claim the earth. They didn't meet each other to keep track of the bet or for ensuring someone does find their artifacts to kickoff. I am proposing a war council like group or Illuminati one to determine the advance of Sorcery.
    Thing is, none of them really CARE about that. They each have their own dimension, and for the most part, they are cool with that. Notable exceptions exist, but even then, they aren't going to want to go all knights of the round table here. They are completely in it for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    They have done. See the Octessence.

But they don't all like each other very much, and hence the Exemplars.
    Not much is shown on panel but I believe the Octessence did come together to form a team during the War of the Seven Spheres to, I assume, battle other mystical entities like the the Vishanti, Trinity of Ashes. Here he is declining to help the Cytorrak, Watoomb and the insect guy:
    octessence.jpg

Astonishing Member theoneandonly's Avatar

damn we are getting off topic for this thread too so it may get locked down like other threads I made cuz certain group of ____________bozos can't argue rationally but have to heat up and get personal.
    The Self is the only existing reality

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Dragging drama from another thread into this one isn't going to help it stay alive mate.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I thought Dormammu was also on the same level as a Skyfather? Having fought equally with Odin?
    As noted, Dormammu hasn't actually fought Odin.

He has all kinds of stuff he does that kind-of/maybe puts him in that range, and there's presentation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Then everyone on this table, except Zeus and Osiris would be below Odin-level, seeing as they don't have feats?

Attachment 54599
    I've said it before, but it bears repeating. With some characters, it's better to say 'These guys don't have any feats, we should probably not use them for Rumbles.' ^_^ It beats the rules-lawyer argument that without feats, they're essentially powerless (which, clearly, they are not).

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Thing is, none of them really CARE about that. They each have their own dimension, and for the most part, they are cool with that. Notable exceptions exist, but even then, they aren't going to want to go all knights of the round table here. They are completely in it for themselves.
    Agreed.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

"...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

"[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    He could probably always have punched Colossus to another state. A nonchalant slap to Brian Braddock sent him probably two or three miles away, and Brian (being a flier) could arguably do something to lessen the distance.
    To be fair, we're not sure if it was a nonchalant slap. Granted, he did it whilst carrying out a conversation.

However, it wasn't just two to three miles; it was two to three miles with his butt digging a trench in the ground a significant fraction of the way.

So...both potentially less and more impressive.

"...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

"[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    damn we are getting off topic for this thread too so it may get locked down like other threads I made cuz certain group of ____________bozos can't argue rationally but have to heat up and get personal.
    No one is getting heated or personal in this thread, while the original topic has been agreed on since page 1. So this entire post here doesn't even make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.

The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    No one is getting heated or personal in this thread, while the original topic has been agreed on since page 1. So this entire post here doesn't even make sense.
    General flame-baiting, feels like.
    "Someone or thing has got to pay, it's given too much to take away. Oh I just want a legacy, Oh I just want it all to never fade! Don't we all arrive, at the same place where we began?" - Divisi

Edit: never mind, probably just better to let it die.

- Estrecca

- Nik Hasta

- Pendaran