Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Mongul vs Juggernaut

Pre Crisis Mongul vs Classic Cain
    No BFR
    Who Wins?

Mighty Member

Interesting fight. While classic Cain is a beast, he hasn't faced anyone as strong as Pre-Crisis Mongul. Not too sure how this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Interesting fight. While classic Cain is a beast, he hasn't faced anyone as strong as Pre-Crisis Mongul. Not too sure how this goes.
    Same. Mongul is so much stronger than Juggernaut, but nothing seems to stop Juggernaut without magic or other reasons.

Do we think Juggernaut eventually wins via he's unstoppable and tires out Mongul, even though that'll take like what...days or weeks? I'm not sure Juggernaut can actually hurt Mongul.

I'd be wary of handing Cain invulnerability to hits on the level of PC Mongul, who was stronger than PC Supes.

And Mongul has some super-speed, so he's going to get a lot of hits in.

What's the strongest attack that 'standard' Juggs has soaked?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I'd be wary of handing Cain invulnerability to hits on the level of PC Mongul, who was stronger than PC Supes.

And Mongul has some super-speed, so he's going to get a lot of hits in.

What's the strongest attack that 'standard' Juggs has soaked?
    Mjolnir, with his forcefield:

Mjolnir, without his forcefield:

Astonishing Member The Dork Knight's Avatar

Mongul neither has super speed nor is he "stronger" than Superman. As strong, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Mongul neither has super speed nor is he "stronger" than Superman. As strong, maybe.
    Post-Crisis, no. PC Mongul? I thought that was part of his whole schtick.

I'm just glad to see Mongul in a fight. He doesn't get enough action here in Rumbles, and he's often overshadowed by Darkseid or any DC Cosmic Villain du Jour.
    "Until the lion learns to write, every story will glorify the hunter."
    --African proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Post-Crisis, no. PC Mongul? I thought that was part of his whole schtick.
    PC Mongul starts out more powerful, Superman ultimately beats him going all out not holding back by the second fight. The same them is repeated in FTMWHE, when Superman has him down...but his moment of hesitation costs him

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I'm just glad to see Mongul in a fight. He doesn't get enough action here in Rumbles, and he's often overshadowed by Darkseid or any DC Cosmic Villain du Jour.
    He was turned into a jobber post crisis with the Henshaws bitch angle. Then his son was just...embarrassing. Even after he got a YL ring

Mighty Member

Gonna disagree with that last part. Mongul's time with a yellow rings wasn't THAT long, but he was a pretty consistent top tier team wrecker for while it lasted. His lowest showing was probably needing an extended brawl to beat Akrillo with rings turned off, but Akrillo just doesn't have anything else establishing his baseline brick level.

Arkillo has fights with Kilowog, the same dude who has trouble with Hal Jordan. Mongul also anti climatically basically lost/had to flee anytime he faced anyone relevant- Mother Mercy/5 top Lanterns, Yat, Sinestro...

But I wasnt really referring to power levels...

Mighty Member

Arkillo has fights with Kilowog, the same dude who has trouble with Hal Jordan. Mongul also anti climatically basically lost/had to flee anytime he faced anyone relevant- Mother Mercy/5 top Lanterns, Yat, Sinestro...

But I wasnt really referring to power levels...
    He really only had the two losses. The first was against all the dude's you mentioned minus Hal and Sinestro teaming up to take him down, AND involved a Lantern kamikazing himself to do it. Said Lantern had previously used a similar trick to drop Kilowag without having to die in the process, so he wasn't a joke. That fight pretty much destroyed a small moon, as I recall.

And Mongul came back from that, went on to conquer planet Daxam with literally a detached arm, only losing control when the sun turned yellow and he was suddenly fighting a planet of Supermen.

And he still maintained control of the Sinestro Corps, including kicking the another out of Sinestro himself and bouncing mental attacks from Indigo 1. He only lost because Sinestro had a backdoor built into the rings to give him back control.

I agree Mongul in general has is the Worf of class 100s, but he had a pretty nice rein for a minute. Just took a big stinking external power up to do it.

He ultimately "lost" everytime. Thats just bad booking in wrestling terms ;p

Compared to say Sinestro, or Atrocitus or Larfleeze who all had notable "victories" in the same run, Mongul was kind of a relatively lame duck villain

Also the character wasn't written as menacingly with the whole "daddy never said 'well done'" theme

Mighty Member

He ultimately "lost" everytime. Thats just bad booking in wrestling terms ;p

Compared to say Sinestro, or Atrocitus or Larfleeze who all had notable "victories" in the same run, Mongul was kind of a relatively lame duck villain

Also the character wasn't written as menacingly with the whole "daddy never said 'well done'" theme
    I mean the guy was a villain. Villains lose. I don't think Atrocitus got a lot of long term wins, Sinestro got wins by ultimately being sort of a good guy (either by teaming up with the GLC to stop bigger threats or manipulating the GLC to start killing and what not), and Larfleeze's big wins mostly just involved people agreeing to leave him alone. Fleeze also isn't really comparable, in that he's more powerful than everybody else and is just an idiot who usually doesn't actually menace many folks.

I think when losing requires a team-up of 9 named Lanterns with substantial feats between them, plus an entity which might as we be a living planet, and still requires one of those Lanterns dying... You aren't doing bad for a bad guy. It would be like complaining if someone only managed to kill ONE Annihilator before losing. That villain did pretty well to get that far.