Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aighthomie View Post
    For me, it's Guggs obsession with Kitty. I feel like that very foundation is ruining what could be a "lackluster" run (See: Lemire). It actually pushes it past that point to a legitimate "bad" run. If he just dialed it back a little. Whedon also admitted to a Kitty-centric view, but if you hadn't read the interviews and just read his run, you wouldn't really notice. The problem with Guggs is it's very noticeable.
    I think the problem is he's writing the X-Men less like the X-Men and more like "Team Kitty" as if this were an Arrowverse show starring Kitty Pryde.

I like Kitty but even I know that's taking things too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the problem is he's writing the X-Men less like the X-Men and more like "Team Kitty" as if this were an Arrowverse show starring Kitty Pryde.

I like Kitty but even I know that's taking things too far.
    Word.

Also writing the others to be super incompetent so he can further propel Kitty, or even OML to an extend. Like, I don't even like Storm, she has to be one of my less favorite X-Men but the way she's being portrayed... that panel where she's just lying there unconscious, it's too much, I empathize with her poor fans because that's just awful.

And then you have the likes of Rachel, I know writing Telepaths can be hard, specially Omega Level ones since they can pretty much end a battle before it even start, but like, try to make an effort and think of better reasons as to why they can't properly abuse Telepathy instead of making it like fucking Omega Red simply resisted and manhandled her in his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    This issue was so bad.
    I didnt even realize this came out till I saw this thread.

"I ain't "Wolverine" no more."
    Shut up, Wolverine.

Someone needs to say that, probably Deadpool.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Word.

Also writing the others to be super incompetent so he can further propel Kitty, or even OML to an extend. Like, I don't even like Storm, she has to be one of my less favorite X-Men but the way she's being portrayed... that panel where she's just lying there unconscious, it's too much, I empathize with her poor fans because that's just awful.

And then you have the likes of Rachel, I know writing Telepaths can be hard, specially Omega Level ones since they can pretty much end a battle before it even start, but like, try to make an effort and think of better reasons as to why they can't properly abuse Telepathy instead of making it like fucking Omega Red simply resisted and manhandled her in his mind.
    My favorite part is that panel has Storm passed out. Kitty giving an "Action Kitty" move whilst barking out orders to "Prestige". It's like everything wrong with Gold is in that one panel.

BANNED

I knew this issue would be wrong when I read the preview page and it mentioned the "Russia mafia" ........ Not Russian mafia? Come on. Then Magik in chains then all of a sudden out again. Kurt's just lurking around and Storm is sleeping. Rachel doesn't attack telepathically unless Kitty tells her too and of course OML has to save the day.

Like someone said, this could have easily been just a story about Kitty, Magik, and Colossus and if we must OML going to check things out in Russia. Storm, Kurt and Rachel could have gone elsewhere if the plan was just to knock everyone out and not use them. Why have them there just to do that!!!

I'm not even that upset about the Kitty-Colossus thing. I mean I've always seen that as wrong, grown ass man and a child from back in the day. I guess them being grown now is ok but bad taste you know. I actually hope they get married and stop having Kitty bang every Peter in the Marvel universe. Just stop with the back and forth already

Spectacular Member

Gold really needs better artists.

Mighty Member

Weak, unestablished villains cannot capture someone on Magik's level off-panel with no explanation. Magik, a mutant teleporter, cannot be held prisoner without an explanation as to why she isn't teleporting. They cannot make a big deal about Magik being 'weakened' and only have her use her sword, which doesn't require magical power to use. Storm can't be taken out off-panel. All of this just shows that no actual thought was put into this. Guggs either couldn't or couldn't be bothered to think of how Magik could be captured in a believable manner, so he just didn't show it, and that seems to be a pattern this arc at least. Everything that doesn't make sense happens off-panel so he doesn't have to explain it.

Cancel this book and make Xmen blue weekly

There are so many things wrong about this issue, we could write a book about it. It's pathetic that Marvel allows Guggenheim to continue on this flagship book. The man CAN'T write. All the characters are stupid. The plot is basic and inconsequential. The villians are lame and feel generic. The romance is weak. I prefer any other writer by now, really... This is so bland and so bad. I'm so angry with this book, I can't even say enough.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Weak, unestablished villains cannot capture someone on Magik's level off-panel with no explanation. Magik, a mutant teleporter, cannot be held prisoner without an explanation as to why she isn't teleporting. They cannot make a big deal about Magik being 'weakened' and only have her use her sword, which doesn't require magical power to use. Storm can't be taken out off-panel. All of this just shows that no actual thought was put into this. Guggs either couldn't or couldn't be bothered to think of how Magik could be captured in a believable manner, so he just didn't show it, and that seems to be a pattern this arc at least. Everything that doesn't make sense happens off-panel so he doesn't have to explain it.
    We can make the assumption that anti-magic wards and mutant dampeners are being placed. As for Magik summoning her Soulsword, remember when she couldn't access her sword because Baba Yaga placed anti-magic wards? It's from "Uncanny X-men" #231.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    We can make the assumption that anti-magic wards and mutant dampeners are being placed. As for Magik summoning her Soulsword, remember when she couldn't access her sword because Baba Yaga placed anti-magic wards? It's from "Uncanny X-men" #231.
    So Gugg should get a pass on not bothering to explain things because a better writer had explanations in a different story 30 years ago? Claremont put Magik against a mythological figure and explained exactly why she needed help. Gugg put her against some wannabe sorcerers who just discovered magic the other day and explained nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    So Gugg should get a pass on not bothering to explain things because a better writer had explanations in a different story 30 years ago? Claremont put Magik against a mythological figure and explained exactly why she needed help. Gugg put her against some wannabe sorcerers who just discovered magic the other day and explained nothing.
    I can see your point...

Does Guggenheim really hate Storm this much?
    Planetxmen Instagram - Updated everyday with a different X-Men theme

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    Does Guggenheim really hate Storm this much?
    He doesn't hate her. He just doesn't care about her, in the least.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix