4 5.19%
  • Tony Stark

8 10.39%
  • Bruce Banner

7 9.09%
  • Other (please specify)

7 9.09%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who do think is the "big return" for Marvel Legacy?

When I checked there wasn't a thread for this specific topic, but people have been guessing in other Legacy related threads. Sorry in advance if I'm wrong.

This isn't about who you want back, but who you genuinely think Marvel will bring back.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-06-2017 at 04:52 PM.

The Beyonder. Disco suit included-

Hey, they said a Marvel Icon, not a Marvel hero.
    #Dr.Wertham would be proud of you.

Astonishing Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

If I want to say Franklin Richards (hinting at Reed and Sue, but not actually them), should I choose the first option?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I would say Reed/Sue. I dunno, I think no matter who the 'icon' is there is going to be disappointment.

Also, are they not kinda dealing with Professor X's return in Astonish X-Men? Ish?
    Marvel: - The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Hulk, The Mighty Captain Marvel, Captain America: Sam Wilson, Captain America: Steve Rodgers, Old Man Logan, The Mighty Thor, All-New Wolverine, Gwenpool, Black Panther, The Ultimates2, Champions.

DC: -
    Super-Girl, Batwoman

Image: -
    Paper Girls.

My Comics Review Blog!

Jonathan Hickman
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

We already know Tony Stark will be back sometime after the "Search for Tony Stark" (also seriously, dude's in a coma, who lost the body?!?!?), so I doubt they would really tease that in Legacy. I don't think Banner will come back at least for a couple more arcs of Cho Hulk. It seems like they are already laying out a way for Professor X in Astonishing X-men anyway so I doubt that one for Legacy. Out of the remaining choices here...Mar-Vell I guess? Just doesn't seem like the best time to bring back Wolverine or Jean Grey yet, and I don't think there is even a possibility of Reed and Sue coming back right now.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Jonathan Hickman
    Oh, yes, come back, Jonathan Hickman. You created the most convoluted yet greatest modern event in recent comic book history. You know you want to come back again.

But really, I can't see it being Wolverine or Jean Grey. Jean Grey has a chance of being one of the few comic book characters at remaining dead, while Wolverine works better dead at the moment.

I wonder if it is a villain. The main iconic villains-Doom, Green Goblin, Magneto, Kingpin, Loki-are all alive at the moment. Apocalypse is still technically dead, but given the current state of mutants in the Marvel universe, I'm not sure if he's right either. Now, it also doesn't mean that the returning person has to be dead. Norman Osborn is alive, but I can see this being about him coming back into prominence again after his humiliating defeat in Dark Reign and whatever defeat he last had in Spiderman.

There's also the possibility that it might be oldLoki, the one killed at the end of Siege. It should be noted that the current Loki is technically a different character, so we could see the return of oldLoki and it would still work...

Astonishing Member

We know Tony is coming back in the Legacy arc of IM so I don't think he'd be the "big return" in Legacy.

Banner's comeback probably won't be until early 2018 at the earliest so I'd rule him out. Also, like Tony, his return is so certain that I can't see it being a big reveal in Legacy.

Similarly, Odinson Thor has already been appearing in The Mighty Thor for some time and it's clear he'll be picking up the hammer again soon so that also wouldn't be much of a reveal.

Mar-vell? Eh...a much loved character and it could be him but I wouldn't give that candidate high odds.

Logan? The fact that Aaron's writing Legacy and he has a history with Logan makes me think that he has a better chance than any of the above. But the fact that Old Man Logan and Laura both have successful books out now makes me think that they'd want to keep Logan out of the picture for awhile longer. Unless they had some surprising way to bring him back. But still, don't think it's him.

Professor X...that's more likely than Logan, I think. That would count as a truly big Marvel icon that has been gone for ages. I could see it.

Reed and/or Sue. That's where my vote went. I kind of think it's going to be Reed. With Sue also coming back in time. It could be a long shot but I feel like it's a strong possibility.

I think to make it less obvious that it's Reed and Sue coming back, they've said it's a character coming back rather than characters but I think we'll see Reed at the end of Legacy and then when whatever follow up to it happens, Sue will be there as well.

Other than that, there's Uatu and old school Nick Fury but I don't see those as being as hype-able as the other choices.

I'm really, really curious to see who's it's going to be. I'm sure there'll be leaks at least a few days ahead of time but I'm going to try and avoid them.

I would say Legacy have the return of Wolverine.
    If not Wolverine,then Reed and Sue Richards.

I chose these characters as they were the ones who were usually brought up the most in speculations. But all of them have things against them being the ones returning:

Reed and/or Sue Richards - Marvel seems determined in ignoring their existence at the moment and Marvel Two-in-One may have no reason existing if they were back.

616 Wolverine - His position has been filled by Old Man Logan, X-23, Daken and that other guy who's name I forget. His return would complicate the position of those characters and wouldn't excite many

Adult Jean Grey - Like Wolverine she has a replacement and she's been dead for so long I'm beginning to wonder if Marvel wants her to in ranks of Uncle Ben and Gwen Stacy, with perma-death that adds to the MU's history.

Professor X - People say he's already back. Honestly, I'm sure he's missed much as he was revealed to be a pretty horrible person.

Mar-Vell - Doubt it would set the internet on fire and Marvel may be reluctant to bring him back as it might undermine Carols position. He's been brought back before and people were "meh" about it.

Tony Stark - Not gone long enough and we already know he's coming back (I added him because he was a popular guess).

Bruce Banner - Also not gone long enough and Cho seems to have another arc that would only lose potency if original Hulk came back

I have no clue who it is, so I haven't voted yet.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-06-2017 at 07:58 PM.
    Check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

I NEED an Invisible Woman solo! It's got to happen sometime right?......right?

Mighty Member

I really just think that Jean Grey works better dead. I mean, even the most fervent X-Men fan has to admit that she is way more interesting dead than she was alive.

How about ultimate Peter Parker? Uatu is my other option.

By the way, Banner isn't already alive? Or that was also a Kobik reality manipulation?
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 09-06-2017 at 08:07 PM.
    #Dr.Wertham would be proud of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Oh, yes, come back, Jonathan Hickman. You created the most convoluted yet greatest modern event in recent comic book history. You know you want to come back again.
    Well he didnt have Real Doom fighting Cosmic Cube Copy Doom at the end of Secret Wars...

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    How about ultimate Peter Parker? Uatu is my other option.

By the way, Banner isn't already alive? Or that was also a Kobik reality manipulation?
    Not too fond of Ultimate Peter being there with Miles and 616 Peter.
    Uatu returning wont do much cos he's only there to watch.
    I'm not sure what Banner is now
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.

Mighty Member

I thought that Hydra Steve was more or less bringing back Banner by putting him in the different bodies of alternate reality Banners?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I thought that Hydra Steve was more or less bringing back Banner by putting him in the different bodies of alternate reality Banners?
    Secret Wars was convoluted because of the nature of the story, Multiverses
    Secret Empire eh....idek how hulk got alive, how he hulked out, if he died or passed out after that