Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    425 copies iirc.
    Pretty much given up really, but ya never know.
    Never give up.

I have HC edition, I'm confused I always thought that's the only edition in hardcover. I remember somebody saying vaguely book has been published in two batches, 425 copies each, maybe first batch was signed...Don't remember it was few years ago.

How do you like Slaine? I think I'm gonna get my 4th edition, it has been published in Poland just now.

Mighty Member

The Starman omnibus hardcovers.
    Most of them could be had at an okay price but a couple of them has reached an insane price for such small books.

Incredible Member

I've paid over cover twice so far.

The first in my early days of collecting was for the old slipcased edition of Green Arrow/Green Lantern By O'Neil and Adams, this was years before the Absolute came out and I got caught up in a bidding war on eBay and got carried away a bit. I love the book, I consider it (and the similar deadman slipcase that I got for well under cover) an important part of my collection but I learnt my lesson on that one and I havnt let it happen since.

The other was for Absolute COIE, but that was a charity listing with a flat 100 price tag. I figured as it the money was going to a good cause I could justify the overspend a little. It came through in near perfect condition as well, the tiniest of tiny ding on one slipcase corner which for a book this old going through a charity sale is a little remarkable.

The one book I might consider breaking the bank for would be Usagi Yojimbo Vol 1 HC. Im still bitter about having my preorder canceled at the last minute by speedyhen and after being assured by the customer service rep I'd get a copy if place the pre-order again I didn't receive a copy, nor did Amazon UK fufill my preorder on it. So Im sat here staring at all the other HC volumes and missing Vol 1 . I wouldn't pay the current asking price of 300+ for it tho. But I would probably be tempted to go to 1.5x cover if I found a copy in great condition.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Never give up.

I have HC edition, I'm confused I always thought that's the only edition in hardcover. I remember somebody saying vaguely book has been published in two batches, 425 copies each, maybe first batch was signed...Don't remember it was few years ago.

How do you like Slaine? I think I'm gonna get my 4th edition, it has been published in Poland just now.
    S'good. Just finished book one which was pretty much just re-establishing the mythology so I dont feel the story has really kicked off yet, but its well written. Bisleys art is glorious as ever.
    Currently Reading:
    The Incal by Jodorowsky & Moebius
    Monster by Naoki Urasawa

Astonishing Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I sometimes see the JLA/Avengers pop up for about $100, maybe a little more, so keep the faith and you'll get it.
    I have to believe at some point DD and Iron Fist get reprinted.
    I almost picked up the JLA/Avengers for well under cover price but all the corners were severely banged up, I therefore decided against it.

I keep hoping to see a reprint of the DD Bendis Omnibus Vol. 1 in the next Marvel solicitations. Hopes for a reprint of the IIF Omnibus have somewhat diminished following the cool reception of the IF Netflix series.

Actually that reminds me, the most expensive collected edition that I want and don't own is the Batman/Grendel hardcover which for some reason they only made like 200 copies or something stupid like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    S'good. Just finished book one which was pretty much just re-establishing the mythology so I dont feel the story has really kicked off yet, but its well written. Bisleys art is glorious as ever.
    Glad you like it. Top 10 books of all time for me. Bisley's art destroys everything what I've seen.

Fantastic Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Most I've paid for a hardcover to date is $30. That will change next month when the JLI omnibus comes out. I'd like to buy the Absolute GL/GA O'Neill and Adams series, but those Absolute editions are so damn BIG.