Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I like him.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

Incredible Member Geek Mangacomic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    1. He's a douche.
    2. He was only created because Morrison hates Gambit.
    3. He's a douche who killed Darkstar.
    4. He's pushed down our throats at the expense of far better characters (whom people actually want).
    5. He's a douche who killed an innocent child.
    6. His MAX print series couldn't even outsell the Longshot mini but he's still pushed down our throats.

Am I missing anything guys?
    "Innocent."
    Reading List/Pull List
    Marvel: Old Man Logan, Old Man Hawkeye Old Man Logan vs. Deadpool, Cable, X-Men Gold, X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Astonishing X-Men, Weapon X, Phoenix Ressurection, Royals, Black Bolt, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Secret Warriors, Ms. Marvel, Champions, Daredevil, Defenders, Captain America
    DC: Deathstroke, Titans, Teen Titans, Batman, Action Comics, Doomsday Clock

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    "Innocent."
    Until that point, yes he was innocent. Evan proved that nurture wins over nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    The funny thing is, for me, is that it never really feels like he has a French accent, though maybe that's just because I'm so used to pronounced and heavy accents in comics .

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I like him.
    Me too. Especially in Remender's run on Xforce

Yeah, that's another mark against him right there.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Pull List
    AN Wolverine Deadpool

Doubtful.
    Fantomex filled a very specific role in New X-Men that could not be filled by Fantomex with massive giant retcons to Gambit's history (starting with him not being a Mutant).
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

1. He's a douche.
    3. He's a douche who killed Darkstar.
    4. He's pushed down our throats at the expense of far better characters (whom people actually want).
    5. He's a douche who killed an innocent child.
    6. His MAX print series couldn't even outsell the Longshot mini but he's still pushed down our throats.

Am I missing anything guys?
    I'm pretty sure they were all fighting the next Weapon Plus Project and it by infecting those it touched... Darkstar was infected by it and pretty much dead on the inside and she would have began to attack everyone.. He was doing her a favour
    My Favourite Quotes:

Emma/Kitty: "This children, is Kitty Pryde, who apparently feels the need to make a grand entrance/I'm sorry. I was busy remembering to put on all my clothes/So gushingly glad you could join us"

Emma: "I love what you've done with the place, Kitty. It's like every thirteen year-old girl's dream. Where do you keep the unicorns? And, oh look, a redhead. How novel"

Psylocke: "If you don't get that glass out of my face, I'm going to jam it sideways straight up your bum"

The only good Fantomex was the one written by Spurrier, he actually turned him into a very compelling villain.
    As an anti-hero he is unnecessary, if you need a thief that uses a trench coat, has a french accent and has a shady past then you have Gambit and if you need an mercenary/assassin then you have Deadpool.

Morrison clearly set the character up to be a new villain for the X-Men but everyone else saw "better Gambit" and used him as an anti-hero. People have finally wised up and are tired of him being an anti-hero and want to see him go full villain now.

Mysterious Telepath Spinster Sinister's Avatar

I obviously would rather M or Moonstar take any spot Fanto got, but I hardly see how he was pushed down anyone's throats. Writers chose to include him in appropriately themed books.

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    I obviously would rather M or Moonstar take any spot Fanto got, but I hardly see how he was pushed down anyone's throats. Writers chose to include him in appropriately themed books.
    Wolverine having Fantomex as a staff member in Wolverine and the X-Men vol 2 before he would ask Deadpool was ridiculous.
    Ideas never die.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Wolverine having Fantomex as a staff member in Wolverine and the X-Men vol 2 before he would ask Deadpool was ridiculous.
    Well Wolverine being a headmaster of a school with children, like Mr. Mom, was pretty dumb to begin with. That whole premise was silly to me down to the fun house style X-Mansion and that very whacky version of Beast with goggles. Only thing I'm glad that avx did (ended that foolishness). It got way less zhaney and slapstick. But anyone that can't see how unnecessarily similar Gambit / Deadpool are to Fantomex, I can't be bothered to reason with. Im not saying they were trying to replace Gambit or Deadpool. It was just someone with a really bad imagination. I suspect his use went up due to Marvel not wanting to help Fox and since they weren't using Fantomex (probably never will), they ran with Gambit-lite. Remender once said "I don't see the worth in characters like Gambit" all the while he has a character like Gambit at the forefront of his "flagship" X-Men book. That was effing stupid, but despite his talent as a writer, he isn't the brightest bulb in the bunch. Or do I have to bring up the "hobo piss" incident?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Have you read Spurrier's X-Force? I thought he made good use of the character in kind of the same vein.
    No, haven't read it. :/

But yeah, as a hero or anti-hero, I find him redundant, where as a villain, he becomes more interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    No, haven't read it. :/

But yeah, as a hero or anti-hero, I find him redundant, where as a villain, he becomes more interesting to me.
    Cool, cool. If you like Fanto as a baddie, I do think you'll enjoy that run, then.

This Week's Comics: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #76, Fence #1, Wicked + Divine #33, Kill the Minotaur #6, Gundam Wing: The Glory of Losers v. 3