Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This honestly leaves me worried about the quality that will be in the Spider-Man Generations issue considering Bendis is also writing that one. I'm willing to bet that Bendis acts like it's the 60's in Peter's childhood completely ignoring the sliding timescale like he did in All-New X-Men.

Clearly I'm in the minority here, but I loved this. As much as I hate time-travel bs, this was really good and didn't really made any change to a timeline, just gave us a peak into a possible future. Good to know Riri is going to accomplish a lot in the future. I'm really curious about those Avengers kids as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Morsoth View Post
    We also know that (probably after Tony Stark), Billy Kaplan will/might inherit the title as well.
    Great... hopefully I won't be senile at that point... if it ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Isn't the immortality bit only applicable while he holds the title, though? I thought it was one of the benefits that came with the position of Sorcerer Supreme. Though, it is a benefit that will be wasted on Loki, who is already immortal, so... maybe Strange gets to keep it? I dunno

In any case, as with all the other 'futures' shown in Marvel, this one is unlikely to actually come to pass. I mean, they can't all be true.
    Immortality doesn't come with the title of Sorcerer Supreme. Strange became Sorcerer Supreme in Marvel Premiere vol. 1 #10 (Sep. 1973), after the death of the Ancient One, but he only became "immortal" in Doctor Strange vol. 2 #4 (Oct. 1974) after he successfully passed a test against Death. As a reward, Strange can no longer age and can only die if fatally wounded. He is also gifted with the mystic Ankh of Enduring Life (that symbol appears on his forehead when he is in grave danger of dying).

The Ancient One (Yao) obtained his "kind-of immortality" around the year 1500. He received a spell from Kaluu, protecting him from the full effect of the mystical backlash and instead of being immortal, he would merely age at a very slow rate.
    Last edited by Morsoth; 09-08-2017 at 06:42 AM.

Did anyone enjoy Bendis run of Invincible Iron Man?

Surprisingly I enjoyed that a lot, way better than I thought I would.

The first volume, yeah. Not the current one though.
    Ideas never die.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Did anyone enjoy Bendis run of Invincible Iron Man?
    I enjoyed the first arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mah VM View Post
    Clearly I'm in the minority here, but I loved this. As much as I hate time-travel bs, this was really good and didn't really made any change to a timeline, just gave us a peak into a possible future. Good to know Riri is going to accomplish a lot in the future. I'm really curious about those Avengers kids as well.
    The kids are the Next Avengers. They first appeared in an animated movie of the same name and then made another appearance in Bendis' first Heroic Age Avengers story arc. Since then, they were in an Avengers World arc and decided to stay in the present but no one ever followed up on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I enjoyed the first arc.
    Yea the first arc of the previous volume was pretty good. After that though it just became mediocre and felt like nothing was happening, something that carried over into the current volume.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 09-08-2017 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea the first arc of the previous volume was pretty good. After that though it just became mediocre and felt like nothing was happening, something that carried over into the current volume.
    Only now, nothing is happening with a character not named Tony whom we're being told we're supposed to love.
    Ideas never die.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Only now, nothing is happening with a character not named Tony whom we're being told we're supposed to love.
    Same problem is happening with Miles in Spider-Man. Difference though is that Miles at least has had a couple of years worth of stories in Ultimate and Miles isn't being shilled anywhere near as much. Bendis has got to realize that this is a show don't tell medium and we're lacking the show portion.

Amazing Member

As a RiRi fan, I would personally give this story a 3/5. What irritated me the most was the fact that from beginning to end, all you get is a conversation between Tony & RiRi. Don't get me wrong, this was a nice conversation between the two, but I wish they would have thrown some fight scenes in there when Tony was confronted by whoever that female character was, but instead he just made her vanish at the snap of a finger. Another thing I didn't like is that they introduced the "future" Avengers for nothing. Once again you could have thrown in a little fight scene with them that would have spiced the book up. The only one that was worth seeing was "future" Black Panther because he's suppose to be her grandson (or was it great grandson?). The ending could have been more thought out. They just randomly sent her back to her own time period without any type of reason for her time traveling. Will have to say that I actually loved the art.

Yeah, I wasn't all that impressed by Generations: The Iron (Iron Man and Ironheart #1 to put it mildly. But the worst of the Marvel Generations one-shots? Really?! Why I thought it was...the worst of the Marvel Generations one-shots.

Stillanerd Reviews: Generations: The Iron (Iron Man and Ironheart) #1 review
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow!
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't all that impressed by Generations: The Iron (Iron Man and Ironheart #1 to put it mildly. But the worst of the Marvel Generations one-shots? Really?! Why I thought it was...the worst of the Marvel Generations one-shots.

Very nice article. Agree with about 95%. Don't know why they would want to introduce a future that's completely rid of crime. That would go against the point of having a comic book world dealing with heroes.
    What would make this story interesting is if RiRi somehow messes up this future by knowing that she's suppose to be this well respected person. We saw in the end how she was quick to go back home & start building one of those mini Iron Man robots she saw in the future. Would be a nice take if she built an army of those things, thinking it was the right thing to do, & somehow that army of mini Iron Man robots went haywire & wrecked havoc on her city. Could make for a nice little arch for her by mistakenly becoming a villain & having to seek out real guidance from Iron Man. (just a random thought that came to me).

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Riri always feels like a potentially good character, but little is done to truly make her special and she's overshilled to the point of annoyance. This sounds like more of the same.
    Opinions may vary in quality.

Current Manga Reviews: Twin Star Exorcists Vol. 3, Library Wars Vol. 15 and Inuyashiki Vol. 3

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post

I agree with this review. Bendis really seemed to completely miss the point of Generations celebrating the legacy between the two characters and instead Bendis just used it to shill Riri while never, even in her own solo, showing what makes her so special.

This and Hawkeye one shot(because
    I refuse to spend a dime on kate) are so far the only Generations I haven't bought and I'm kinda glad, I liked the other ones this just bored me, and with the other ones there was clearly a message to both Generations of heroes but I didn't see it here.