Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Her hair has more or less be like that since kris anka redesigned Carol's captain marvel costume this began with the all new all different marvel January 2016 relaunch of captain marvel he also was the artist that gave Carol a pixie cut a lot of women have pixie cuts there's nothing masculine about women who have that kind of hairstyle, lastly the organs face is orange because it's a artistic choice for the style of variant Michael cho does.
    I'm not bemoaning the pixie cut or short hair. I'm simply saying that she looks way too masculine in that image. I've seen her depicted much, much better in Ultimates. That image makes her look like a caricature of the president. They can do better. They must do better.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm not bemoaning the pixie cut or short hair. I'm simply saying that she looks way too masculine in that image. I've seen her depicted much, much better in Ultimates. That image makes her look like a caricature of the president. They can do better. They must do better.
    Always had a thing for Dexter Soy's rendition, although the head piece needed some getting used to....
    IMG_1181.jpg

Yeah, last time we saw pirate boots and wings was Brubaker's swan song ....
    IMG_1021.JPG

Someone mention having Namor pay a visit to HydraCap?
    IMG_1183.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    you didn't read my post carefully. I said cold bloodedly impyling killing a prisoner of war without a trial and not in the heat of battle which he must have done in WWII.
    my bad

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post

Someone mention having Namor pay a visit to HydraCap?
    IMG_1183.jpg
    ooh that's spicy!
    but for f****'s sake let someone kill him!!
    i'd hate for him to be alive and escape -__________-
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

I wouldn't be surprised if Bucky kills him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the last time we saw Steve in his classic costume was the final issue of Brubaker's run before Remender took over.
    I thought they changed Steve's Cap costume right after Brubaker's run for the start of Marvel NOW!.

Why even give this a #1? if it's a one shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Bucky kills him.
    Well, it would fit with his current position as the Man on the Wall.

Or is he still in that position? I've lost track.

Amazing Member

well it answers some things, has what some were asking for, opens up some interesting stories and situations going forward. I loved it really good read and few emotional bits but you only get the big one I got if you don't read quick enough and jump to conclusion about the picture lol

my only problem was more of the crazy timeline, so much of the things would mean that the hdrya reign was years but its written that its much less.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty 360 View Post
    well it answers some things, has what some were asking for, opens up some interesting stories and situations going forward. I loved it really good read and few emotional bits but you only get the big one I got if you don't read quick enough and jump to conclusion about the picture lol

my only problem was more of the crazy timeline, so much of the things would mean that the hdrya reign was years but its written that its much less.
    Agree. Reminds of the one shot between Steve and Tony after CW1, except better. Clearly some open ended threads laid out for the future that I think will have most of us excited.

Interesting setting up Steve and his evil doppelgänger struggling to ... maybe win the " hearts and minds" of America. I think this gives voice to Cap's upcoming travels. I'm reminded of William Burnside, and even John Walker. So many different takes on Cap's mission over the years. So the evil remains but back in it's covert secrecy ... that is after having tasted success. How more emboldened will Hydra be? Clearly Steve's doppelgänger isn't about to give an inch. Going to be an interesting this year.

Thoroughly enjoyed this one shot. Can't identify the various artwork other than Sorrentino's but if that was Bennett across the board I loved it.

I laughed at Clint breaking down while Bucky was like sucker

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Agree. Reminds of the one shot between Steve and Tony after CW1, except better. Clearly some open ended threads laid out for the future that I think will have most of us excited.
    Excellent wrap-up to SE. The conversation between Steve and Stevil was fantastic. I'm glad that this issue wasn't about breaking Stevil out and having him adopt whatever new code name he's going to get down the line. Instead it was about two sides of the same coin. Two ideologies. Two men who believe that not just their way is right but that their reality is the true one.

And this issue leaves both men off on a perfect point. Steve knows that he has to win back the faith of the people but he isn't begrudging that challenge and Stevil may be imprisoned for now but, as Steve's would be, his will is unbowed. Loved the "Hail Hydra" whisper at the end, leaving us with the certainty that some battles never end. It'll be interesting to see when Stevil will rear his head again and what form that reappearance will take.

Also liked the brief set-ups for what's next for Bucky, Frank and Emma.

Speaking of what's next, I wonder what's next at Marvel for Spencer. It doesn't seem like he's leaving and yet there's been no word of what book or books he'll go to post-SE. There's a Not Brand Ecch story but that's it so far. Given how well he wrote Emma in SE, I wonder if a relaunched Uncanny X-Men would be a possibility.

Incredible Member Geek Mangacomic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Excellent wrap-up to SE. The conversation between Steve and Stevil was fantastic. I'm glad that this issue wasn't about breaking Stevil out and having him adopt whatever new code name he's going to get down the line. Instead it was about two sides of the same coin. Two ideologies. Two men who believe that not just their way is right but that their reality is the true one.

And this issue leaves both men off on a perfect point. Steve knows that he has to win back the faith of the people but he isn't begrudging that challenge and Stevil may be imprisoned for now but, as Steve's would be, his will is unbowed. Loved the "Hail Hydra" whisper at the end, leaving us with the certainty that some battles never end. It'll be interesting to see when Stevil will rear his head again and what form that reappearance will take.

Also liked the brief set-ups for what's next for Bucky, Frank and Emma.

Speaking of what's next, I wonder what's next at Marvel for Spencer. It doesn't seem like he's leaving and yet there's been no word of what book or books he'll go to post-SE. There's a Not Brand Ecch story but that's it so far. Given how well he wrote Emma in SE, I wonder if a relaunched Uncanny X-Men would be a possibility.
    Did Old Man Logan do anything of note in this? Or was he just in the previews to boost sales?
    Reading List/Pull List
    Marvel: Old Man Logan, Old Man Hawkeye Old Man Logan vs. Deadpool, Cable, X-Men Gold, X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Astonishing X-Men, Weapon X, Phoenix Ressurection, Royals, Black Bolt, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Secret Warriors, Ms. Marvel, Champions, Daredevil, Defenders, Captain America
    DC: Deathstroke, Titans, Teen Titans, Batman, Action Comics, Doomsday Clock

Same thing. What will Spencer do?
    My favorite series was actually his take on Sam Wilson. Loved the shout outs to old stories. Bringing Dennis on board, along with Misty. Having Diamonback and the old Viper. It was well done. Wondered what he could've done unencumbered by SE with that series long term. I know Rodney Barnes is the writer for the up coming series but somehow not sure Spencer was completely done with Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    Did Old Man Logan do anything of note in this? Or was he just in the previews to boost sales?
    Nada
    Looked good at the funeral