Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Default Jim Cheung teases MAJOR return!

Sue Storm and, apparently, Franklin and Valeria.

Source

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

If they aren't the major returning marvel icon that marvel is teasing for marvel legacy that fans have been waiting for and missing to return I honestly don't see who else could really make such a major return work.

But there's also marvel two in one which I don't think will release until December of this year the first arc is called fate of the four and from the marvel legacy #1 previews it looks like Jim will be drawing the series as he was shown drawing Ben and Johnny shooting off a flare gun it would appear and with jim shown here drawing Susan and the children so it's easy to connect the dots that they may in fact finally return.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 09-08-2017 at 02:53 AM.

So first of all, I think it's pretty clear this is gonna take place in Marvel Two-In-One, right? From other IG posts, it really looks like that's the book Cheung's working on. So people who guessed that ''The Fate Of The Four'' would address what happened to Reed, Sue and co. were probably right.

Second, does anyone else think this rules out the FF people as the big return in the one-shot? Because I don't think Cheung would be allowed to reveal that sort of thing beforehand.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So first of all, I think it's pretty clear this is gonna take place in Marvel Two-In-One, right? From other IG posts, it really looks like that's the book Cheung's working on. So people who guessed that ''The Fate Of The Four'' would address what happened to Reed, Sue and co. were probably right.

Second, does anyone else think this rules out the FF people as the big return in the one-shot? Because I don't think Cheung would be allowed to reveal that sort of thing beforehand.
    Marvel probably didn't think fans would make the connection it could be possible Susan and the kids might be the reveal that they're the returning icon in marvel legacy #1 which will be expanded upon in marvel two in one as part of their fate of the four arc.

It could also be a tease of Susan and the children possibly not reforming the fantastic four like they and Johnny and Ben will still appear in various comics and be active as heroes but they won't be working as the fantastic four which is okay with me as long as marvel's first family is actually being used more often in the comics.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 09-08-2017 at 03:01 AM.

All-New Member

Probably just a flashback to Time Runs Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkpatrick View Post
    Probably just a flashback to Time Runs Out.
    Yeah, the fact that she is wearing a SHIELD outfit rather than the classic 4 outfit seems to point to this.

All-New Member

More specifically, not Time Runs Out, but Secret Wars #1. She had SHIELD's outfit there too. Plus, children getting in their seats looks like life raft.

Or maybe she's just resuming her previous position now that she's back? Even if it's a flashback, the fact that they are bringing up what was going on with Sue and the kids right before they vanished and were never seen again in this particular book seems a lot like an indication that they are building up our first post-SW glimpse at them.

Astonishing Member

Sue Storm and, apparently, Franklin and Valeria.

Source
    Are you certain that he's Franklin...?!?

Because of the way he appears to be almost as tall as Susan; he could be Alex Power instead.......although I do recognized Valeria sitting in the background.

Astonishing Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I would prefer it if they just let Reed come back too, whatever Ike might think.

But if we got an Invisible Woman comic out of this and they don't try and destroy the last real surviving marriage in Marvel Comics by pairing Sue off with Doom or Namor for kicks then it's a start.

Jim Cheung seems like an odd choice for Marvel Two-In-One, but depending on how accurate "The Fate Of The Four" is as a title I wonder if it's a more relevant and important book then anyone would have expected...

I think Wonder Man is the most likely possibility here. I wish it involved Reed or Sue. I think the comics are just missing something without the Fantastic Four. But I know that's not going to happen until something with the movie rights changes. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think Marvel is going to do anything too groundbreaking here. After what they endured with Secret Empire, I don't think they have the energy or the credibility.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Are you certain that he's Franklin...?!?

Because of the way he appears to be almost as tall as Susan; he could be Alex Power instead.......although I do recognized Valeria sitting in the background.
    Could be Johnny even. I really think it's moments before or after this page.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkpatrick View Post
    Could be Johnny even. I really think it's moments before or after this page.

....Now that I've gotten a good look of that scene; it appears that it's Susan, Johnny Storm and Franklin within Cheung's artwork (re-)capturing the moment from SECRET WARS #1.

Excitement has faded now that it seems to likely only be a flashback

I'd rather had not seen the image as it only got my hopes up.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-08-2017 at 12:04 PM.
    Check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

I NEED an Invisible Woman solo! It's got to happen sometime right?......right?