Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Should the Superverse fully adopt Tanya Spears?

So, I'm definitely not up to date on this character. I know that there is some link to Earth -2's Karen Starr, and something with the New52 Teen Titans. And she can grow in size.

I don't know that there is any existing direct connection to Clark and his world.

But even if there is none, would you, as Superverse fans, want her to be adopted into the Superverse proper? Or is she better served as part of the Teen Titans franchise?

I could see her fitting into Metropolis very easily, based on the very little I know of her.

What say you? Yay, nay, or may-bay?

No poll this time.

Whoops, wrong forum.

Mods, can you please move my thread to the Superman forums, where it was intended?

Mighty Member

Nah I like her where she is now. With Deathstroke oddly enough. Even off of the team I like the connection. Not sure if any of the Superman writers could handle her as well. Keep the Titans away as well.

Eventually yes i think they should she should meet up with Super girl too

She has nothing to do with them, she is a totally new young hero that needs to stick with the teen teams or maybe when Karen gets back to this earth she could go work for her AND be a member of the new JSA
    #BRINGBACKKON

-Don't mess with the "S"

-kon is the human facsimile of superman

-kon-el is the human Superman,made by humans,for humanity

Kon-el appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....l-Appreciation!
    Young Justice (comic and TV) appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....c-and-tv-show)

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

Only if the actual Power Girl comes along with her. I'd gladly follow the stories of Tanya if they stopped trying to convince me she's Power Girl.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Incredible Member Uncanny Mutie's Avatar

What for? Just because she took up the moniker "Power Girl"? She has nothing to do with Krypton, Metropolis, or any of the other Superman characters as is basically just "Power Girl" in name only. For that reason alone, I wish they would have just given her a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    What for? Just because she took up the moniker "Power Girl"? She has nothing to do with Krypton, Metropolis, or any of the other Superman characters as is basically just "Power Girl" in name only. For that reason alone, I wish they would have just given her a different name.
    Totally agreed. They really need to give her a new code name.

Why so ? Peoples may not like New 52 TT or even Rebirth Deathstroke, but Tanya has made this nickname her own. Either D.C. should when (if?) they bring back Karen give her a new nickname like Captain Marvel at Marvel (establishing a Kamala Mhan - Carol Danvers kind of relation) or simply let the two operate with the same nickname. If D.C. has two Flashes (even if one isn't really well used so far, and hopefully it'll change), they can have two Power Girls.

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

She hasn't come even remotely close to making it her own. It was and remains now completely and totally unearned and completely out of the blue. Karen Starr is still Power Girl in the minds of the majority of fandom, and its not even close. Wally earned the title of Flash over time, and only got the opportunity because Barry's version became unpopular and bland once upon a time. Karen is not unpopular in the slightest bit. She lost her title not because she as a character fell out of favor and the concept needed a new direction, but to be politically correct. And that's a wrong-headed approach to creating diversity in the lore.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-08-2017 at 12:26 PM.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Wally earned the title of Flash over time, and only got the opportunity because Barry's version became unpopular and bland once upon a time.
    While I do not begrudge Wally getting his opportunity to shine, the Barry fan in me cannot help lamenting DC's decision to apply such a permanent (for over twenty years, at least) solution for such a temporary problem.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I would like her to interact with the super family merely on account of the fact I enjoy superman guest stars, not specifically since she is power girl.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

If she is keeping the powergirl name,then when Karen gets back she better be powerwoman
    #BRINGBACKKON

-Don't mess with the "S"

-kon is the human facsimile of superman

-kon-el is the human Superman,made by humans,for humanity

Kon-el appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....l-Appreciation!
    Young Justice (comic and TV) appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....c-and-tv-show)

Incredible Member

Also I was thinking that if she got her powers from the POWER GIRL of EARTH 2.would she still have the same weakness of kryptonite and magic as most krytptonians do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    She hasn't come even remotely close to making it her own. It was and remains now completely and totally unearned and completely out of the blue. Karen Starr is still Power Girl in the minds of the majority of fandom, and its not even close. Wally earned the title of Flash over time, and only got the opportunity because Barry's version became unpopular and bland once upon a time. Karen is not unpopular in the slightest bit. She lost her title not because she as a character fell out of favor and the concept needed a new direction, but to be politically correct. And that's a wrong-headed approach to creating diversity in the lore.
    Agreed. While I've loved Tanya in the Deathstroke book I still don't think she'll ever be seen as "the real Power Girl." Especially with Karen Star still making mainstream appearances in animation and video games like Injustice. Tanya Speares is a great character and I think it's gotten to the point that the Power Girl name is holding her back. I understand them calling her Power Girl when she was first introduced to garner fan interest and sell issues. "The all new Power Girl!" But it's time for her to grow (no pun intended) and get her own codename.