Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Sentry vs Doomsday

Sentry vs Doomsday
    1st Fight is Pre New 52 Doomsday
    2nd Fight is New 52 Doomsday
    No BFR
    Who Wins?

I don't think Doomsday can do a damn thing here but wait to be exploded.

isn't Doomsday 's whole shtick that he always comes back from whatever killed him, and also immune to dying that way going forward?

So if Sentry explodes Doomsday, doesn't Doomsday just come back immune to being "exploded"?

Or is it that it would probably take Doomsday longer than a 10- count to come back that DQs him here?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    isn't Doomsday 's whole shtick that he always comes back from whatever killed him, and also immune to dying that way going forward?

So if Sentry explodes Doomsday, doesn't Doomsday just come back immune to being "exploded"?

Or is it that it would probably take Doomsday longer than a 10- count to come back that DQs him here?
    The latter would be the case. Also, Sentry's powerset is so poorly defined that he really has a million different ways to kill Doomsday.

It's not completely impossible that Doomsday could eventually develop some sort of anti-Sentry power, but I think even the most powerful incarnations are going to get taken apart before that and would need to do it on a revival.

maybe they will both die on landing their final blows in a tribute to Superman their genesis and inspiration.
    The Self is the only existing reality

Mighty Member

In one of the Doomsday books, it was discussed that if you destroy DD down to the molecular level, he doesn't come back from that. His opponents regretting not doing that the first time and just disabled him and shot him into space or something like that (memory - Duh).

Not a problem for the Sentry to reduce him to electrons and protons.

Pretty much what has been said. Sentry should win the first time around. Not so sure he would win the second time around as Doomsday "adapts" to whatever is thrown at him.

I am a huge Doomsday fan. I love me some DD action (lol) but it goes the way people have already been saying.

The most powerful DD could still get scattered into basic atomic material. Can't come back from that
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHC...ztdvnvVkCljJpA
    My Youtube Channel! Take a peek and see me (hopefull) kick butt! Any support is awesome.

Sooo Superman killed him the first time by punching him right? So is he immune to punching now? Because that still seems to be the go to tactic when people fight him. What I'm saying is the evolving thing seems to only selectively apply when writers want it to. I mean Hell is that even still a thing in the current whatever they call it now DC continuity?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Sooo Superman killed him the first time by punching him right? So is he immune to punching now? Because that still seems to be the go to tactic when people fight him. What I'm saying is the evolving thing seems to only selectively apply when writers want it to. I mean Hell is that even still a thing in the current whatever they call it now DC continuity?
    He's not immune to be punched out. He's just more durable enough to withstand the amount of force killed him the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Well, it does seem to have some merit. At least with specific versions. Hunter/Prey DD is probably the toughest version of DD and a direct continuation after the death of superman thing concluded. Punching is what they TRIED but it didn't do much. Both Darkseid and Supes were getting torn to pieces or having their bones snapped. DD was taking no apparent damage.

This theme continued when Braniac liberated this version of DD from his Entropy prison and took over his mind. Wonder Woman, Supes and Orion TRIED punching, but again it seemed less than worthless.

Any incarnation of DD past this event is a total toss up. Inconsistent AF. Dude became part kryptonian, then sentient, then YADA YADA BLAH BLAH lol. I dunno about current DD at all, but his evolving schtick was pretty consistent for many years.

Sentry would still just SPLODE him tho
    My Youtube Channel! Take a peek and see me (hopefull) kick butt! Any support is awesome.

And I agree with what was said above; dude became immune to class 100 punching. Not ALL punching. Like if Zeus or Thanos etc threw hands

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Arby! I didn't know you still functioned here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Arby! I didn't know you still functioned here.
    Don't get excited. After today I will probably disappear for another year or two :/

Lol but seriously, good to be back. Ill try to hang around this time. I miss the old gang ♡

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Well, it does seem to have some merit. At least with specific versions. Hunter/Prey DD is probably the toughest version of DD and a direct continuation after the death of superman thing concluded. Punching is what they TRIED but it didn't do much. Both Darkseid and Supes were getting torn to pieces or having their bones snapped. DD was taking no apparent damage.
    Nitpick, but that wasn't Darkseid it was Desaad. I'd argue that HP DD and the real DS are likely physically comparable.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.