Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This is going to be very controversial but if you want to sabotage sales you need to do something very radical

1. Turn Peter Parker gay. He starts a relationship with Miles Morales and gives up being Spider-man because he states how much Miles is better at being a superhero than him. Parker simply becomes a lecturer that worries anytime Miles goes out adventuring.

2. Mary Jane is broken by all this and sudden exposure to Terrigen Mists awaken her Inhuman powers. She becomes the supervillain "Hysteria" and her powers are a sonic scream. She then uses black magic to awaken Gwen Stacy and they both become Miles arch nemesis.

3. This book will be written by Chuck Austen and drawn by Greg Land.

1 and 2 would be interesting enough for me to read.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This is going to be very controversial but if you want to sabotage sales you need to do something very radical

1. Turn Peter Parker gay. He starts a relationship with Miles Morales and gives up being Spider-man because he states how much Miles is better at being a superhero than him. Parker simply becomes a lecturer that worries anytime Miles goes out adventuring.

2. Mary Jane is broken by all this and sudden exposure to Terrigen Mists awaken her Inhuman powers. She becomes the supervillain "Hysteria" and her powers are a sonic scream. She then uses black magic to awaken Gwen Stacy and they both become Miles arch nemesis.

3. This book will be written by Chuck Austen and drawn by Greg Land.
    I agree it is controversial but I would read a book with 1 and 2, it would make a nice AU story with the right writer.

Marvel has been doing it with moderate success for ages. #clonesaga,#Gwen'saslut etc...

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    People are going this all wrong. To make anything(be it comic books, movies, tv show, etc.) a commercial failure, there is only one near sure fire way to do that.

Make it boring.

What you guys are describing might make it a critical failure, might make it a failure to fans, but not necessarily a commercial failure. Seriously, some of the ideas presented in this thread I'd read just to see what happens next. Some ideas might be offensive, and again that could have the opposite effect on what you want. Some people would want to read it just to see what the rukus is all about. But make it boring, and that's pretty much it. Nobody wants boring.
    Genre fans love boring, as long as it is indulgent. Just go check out some fan fiction.

An unfortunately large amount of fans would love nothing more than to see characters they love just hanging out at a party absent any drama or even story structure.

*#&-7^^-?@&{€€∆}"~`•∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆|||||~~~~ €^[[*%%%'@%&"
    make it gibberish.

make the pictures illegible.
    The Self is the only existing reality

Astonishing Member

This. All summer.

Remember the Trouble miniseries from some years ago? Make it canon.

Better: The all new all different clone saga event, followed by the totally New clone saga event, and then the clone legacy. And the Clone empire, the Clone Wars and the clones strike back.. Everyone an event with their own bookeends and spin-offs.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 09-11-2017 at 12:33 PM.
    #Dr.Wertham would be proud of you.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Remember the Trouble miniseries from some years ago? Make it canon
    I already suggested that in here

Nothing, Spider-Man is far too popular a character to get to a point where sales go down that significantly.

Make Spider-Man a complete numbskull, unable to untangle himself from trouble he puts himself through, instead his plans always make things worse.

Let him need to be rescued by his supporting characters and guest heroes.

Give Peter Parker a love affair with Marisa Tomei, or some random chick that looks like her, as long as she's Italian.

Send him to a world where normal pedestrians are more powerful than Spider-Man, buildings are so powerful they shatter the hands of super powered beings to that world, and let him get slapped by Sajani or any character fans don't like.

Make the writing very bad and incoherent.

Keep this up for five years or more.

No satellite titles.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Please turn off your ad block, ads accompanying my videos are how I earn money

Peter marries MJ and settles down, Ben27 becomes the full time Spider-Man amidst a giant crossover with Spider-Gwen, where Kaine is constantly trying to hook up with her.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

lol, reading this thread is so great. I think this might be my favorite comics thread here so far!

as for some more off-the-wall ideas (i'm not holding back with these anymore):
    - reveal that MJ was a part of a 3some with Osborn (at the same time as Gwen) and kept cheating on Peter with him while they were married/in a relationship
    - reveal that Aunt May was actually Mephisto all along (as part of a plot from the 60s)
    - reveal that Peter was actually a botched clone of Miles Morales, and that the reason why Peter's clones all mostly failed was because they were clones of clones
    - this makes Peter feel even worse, throwing off his hero game. So, Superior Ock takes his chance to track Peter down and completely destroy him in a fight ending in a scan reminiscent of that infamous Ock vs Stark fight back near Invincible Iron Man 500. Ock also somehow depowers Peter.
    - finally, all this mental anguish makes Peter have a complete breakdown and becoming a crazy homeless person, but no one notices since it is revealed all his friends were just evil robots programmed by Chamelon to infliltrate Spider-Man's friend circle and find his identity (since he knows Peter is tied to Spidey).

If anyone keeps reading Spider-Man, let alone Marvel, after that, I'll honestly be the first to commend them, LOL.
    Last edited by blackspidey2099; 09-11-2017 at 06:00 PM.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Peter marries MJ and settles down, Ben27 becomes the full time Spider-Man amidst a giant crossover with Spider-Gwen, where Kaine is constantly trying to hook up with her.
    You know, apart from the last bit about Kaine, I feel like there are some people who'd actually LOVE this, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    alas her heart belongs to miles as decreed by the great bendis.lol
    The Self is the only existing reality

Fantastic Member

Aunt May as a Hydra Agent who married Uncle Ben to find out what he knows about Peter's parents' activities as secret agents.
    Uncle Ben finds out about the truth about Aunt May, and so she kills him
    Last edited by Starrius; 09-11-2017 at 09:44 PM.
    I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson.

This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

http://www.facebook.com/SpiderManMaryJane/