Mighty Member

Default The DC Digital Service (YJ S3, Titans, etc.) Thread

We know they're hard at work on both the 3rd season of Young Justice and the Titans tv show for DC's upcoming service. I figured we could use a thread to discuss what we know about it, the shows on it, whatever extras it may have, and what hopes you have for it too.

For instance, my buddy hopes it includes a comic viewing membership like the Marvel Unlimited. I hope it includes lots of shorts and miniseries like DC Nation, and maybe a few stabs at other animated and live action shows that CN and CW may not see as appetizing.
    “There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."

-C.S. Lewis

My buddy and I started a Podcast!
    http://franchisewars.madewithopinion.com
    Star Wars, Batman: Arkham, Doctor Who, Indiana Jones, and the New 52!
    In the latest one, what were the high points and low points of the New 52?

Fantastic Member

As much as I appreciate them bring back YJ.I worry that the current content advertised wouldn't be enough to get people to sign up for a new service.

Incredible Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    We know they're hard at work on both the 3rd season of Young Justice and the Titans tv show for DC's upcoming service. I figured we could use a thread to discuss what we know about it, the shows on it, whatever extras it may have, and what hopes you have for it too.

For instance, my buddy hopes it includes a comic viewing membership like the Marvel Unlimited. I hope it includes lots of shorts and miniseries like DC Nation, and maybe a few stabs at other animated and live action shows that CN and CW may not see as appetizing.
    I hope the Titans show they are developing for this streaming service, comes off as more a Marvel Netflix show, rather than a show on TNT, in which the Titans show was originally intended to be broadcast on.

Based on what we've seen announced so far, I won't be getting the streaming service. YJS3 has turned me off for admittedly incredibly petty but nonetheless real reasons, and nothing about the Titans live action series that we've seen so far interests me.

Now if they DO give access to comics, LOTS of shorts, and/or more new shows, I might get it. Maybe they could even resurrect old ideas that networks weren't interested in like the No Man's Land cartoon, or the other DC Nation show that was unjustly canceled, Green Lantern Animated. I'd get the streaming service just for either of those.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

"Don't we at the very least deserve the right to exist?" - Doctor 13: Architecture and Morality

Mighty Member

Someone speculated about whether or not they'd put the old DCAU on the service, alongside most of the DC Direct DVD movies. That alone would probably justify buying the network. Netflix had Batman Beyond and Batman: Brave and the Bold on for a while, but presumably WB felt there was still more money in DVD sales and such and took them down. If they get the bulk of the money from the Digital service, I could easily see them up. Not to mention BTAS and STAS, Static Shock, Teen Titans, etc.

And it's not that hard to see DC and WB creating more original shows if Titans and YJ:O are a hit; TV's generally been their best ace in the hole against Marvel.
    “There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."

-C.S. Lewis

My buddy and I started a Podcast!
    http://franchisewars.madewithopinion.com
    Star Wars, Batman: Arkham, Doctor Who, Indiana Jones, and the New 52!
    In the latest one, what were the high points and low points of the New 52?

Spectacular Member

They definitely need content. More than just Young Justice S3 and Titans (and a potential Hawk and Dove spin-off). Especially if they are expecting people to pay. They can't just rely on their back catalog either. We'll just have to see what they have planned.

I think having a backlog of classic DC cartoons and shows would definitely be beneficial for the service, and if there's a DC Unlimited type service? Even better.

While I am obviously interested in Young Justice: Outsiders and Titans, moreso the former then the latter, I think they need more then just that to get people to subscribe as a new service.

Disney is obviously pulling everything from Netflix for their service so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same case with DC.

I'm wondering if they're going to have the CWSeed cartoons on the service or maybe migrate them over to being exclusive to the DC service.

I also wouldn't be surprised if WB starts releasing more cartoons on the service given how badly CN keeps treating DC shows not named Teen Titans Go!.

Incredible Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar

DC needs more cartoons forget live action. The money they putting in live action needs to go to animation. Marvel has alot of cartoons on Disney XD and the only cartoons DC has is TTG and JLA....seriously? Wtf? This is DC chance to show CN they don't need them. Old cartoons would be good too but old stuff not gonna cut it since it can be found online easily

Also I want their digital shows to reflect quality shows and not something I can just watch on ABC or CW.

They should put more stuff on it to capture people. Comics would do exactly that.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    DC needs more cartoons forget live action. The money they putting in live action needs to go to animation. Marvel has alot of cartoons on Disney XD and the only cartoons DC has is TTG and JLA....seriously? Wtf? This is DC chance to show CN they don't need them. Old cartoons would be good too but old stuff not gonna cut it since it can be found online easily

Also I want their digital shows to reflect quality shows and not something I can just watch on ABC or CW.

They should put more stuff on it to capture people. Comics would do exactly that.
    While Marvel has several cartoons on Disney XD, I would argue that they lack immensely in quality. I really tried to like both Guardians and Avengers, and both are disappointing.

On topic, I would love more action cartoons, as well. I miss the days of Saturday morning cartoons, and wish studios would remember that so many of us - like myself - were intorduced and feel loyalty to these characters because of the cartoon series.

I would love a Wonder Woman animated series, a new Batman and Suicide Squad series. I would also like a Question live action show.

I'm hoping that DC will also include some exclusive animated and live action movies as well. I think this could be a great service to test and gauge interest in some of their riskier properties, like a small Cyborg movie for the service.

If the streaming service has B:TAS and such I'll gladly get it.

Current line isn't enough. Bring back JL and JLU and yeah i would be tempted. Supersons animated I would be an instant sign me up.