Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gambit: The Mutant Vs Spider-man Villains

How well would Gambit do 1 on 1 against the following Spider-man villains ?

The Shocker
    The Rhino
    Kraven the Hunter
    Venom
    Dr Octopus
    Hydroman
    Electro
    Green Goblin

In the event it's a total curbstomp against Gambit, what if he had help from one of the X-Men?
    Either Wolverine or Nightcrawler. Just one. Not both.

Gambit should be able to deal with Shocker, Kraven, Osborn and even Ock.

Venom's in the grey area. I'd lean towards Venom more often than not. Probably 8/10.

Remy can do bupkis against Rhino, Electro or Hydro-Man. With or without Kurt or Logan.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Eh, he could likely take Rhino just by dodging everything while constantly charging up his skin.

What the Prince of Duckness said: Remy's ability to spam some AoE stuff, combined with his decent speed and outstanding agility (even if it's just peak human or so, it's still enough here), ought to let him do just fine thanks against Shocker, Ock and even Osborn. Kraven... well, ol' Serge probably has a bit of a reaction speed edge, and that may be enough to secure him some wins, though he usually doesn't carry enough weapons that are fast enough at range to hit Gambit from 100 feet before Gambit can spam playing cards.

I don't see him winning even 2 out of 10 against Venom, though: the dude is faster, and moreso is basically immune to purely physical harm. I just don't know that Remy can do enough to stop him before he lands a punch, and one punch will do it.

And yeah, Remy isn't doing a damn thing against Rhino, Electro or Hydro-Man. Welllllll, unless this is one of those versions of Rhino who overheats himself into unconsciouness. But even then, Rhino can literally just stand there until Remy starves.

Wait Gambit is that fast?

Astonishing Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I'd think that all those explosions wouldn't be great for Venom's weakness to sonic attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Wait Gambit is that fast?
    Oh, this could get ugly. :-)

Gambit is PROBABLY somewhere between CBPH and mid-tier BT. The problem, and it has been brought back up recently, is that Remy basically had one period in the 90s where he was BTing a bit - doing things like using his staff to precisely deflect automatic weapons fire.

But...

Most of what he's done since is hard to call BT. So... what's his consistent level? I used to be on the BT boat for the guy, but an extremelly compelling case can be made that he's not at that level.

All of that said, he doesn't need a massive speed edge to take out a number of the guys on this list, thanks to his ability to spam AoE attacks. By feats, none of the guys here are really confirmed BT: you could make a decent argument for Venom, given that he's supposed to have Spider powers, but Venom generally just wades into physical harm because the symbiote protects from that.

You could make an argument that Wolverine is a bullet-timer (note: I am DEFINITELY NOT DOING THAT), but since his preferred method for dealing with bullets is transforming himself into a bullet holder, he lacks anything like the feats it would take.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I'd think that all those explosions wouldn't be great for Venom's weakness to sonic attacks.
    Eh, just loud noises won't do it. Symbiotes have fought just fine inside thunderstorms and didn't wig out. You need to have a specialized level off sound to drag the weakness into play.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post

Gambit is PROBABLY somewhere between CBPH and mid-tier BT. The problem, and it has been brought back up recently, is that Remy basically had one period in the 90s where he was BTing a bit - doing things like using his staff to precisely deflect automatic weapons fire.

But...

Most of what he's done since is hard to call BT. So... what's his consistent level? I used to be on the BT boat for the guy, but an extremelly compelling case can be made that he's not at that level.

All of that said, he doesn't need a massive speed edge to take out a number of the guys on this list, thanks to his ability to spam AoE attacks. By feats, none of the guys here are really confirmed BT: you could make a decent argument for Venom, given that he's supposed to have Spider powers, but Venom generally just wades into physical harm because the symbiote protects from that.

You could make an argument that Wolverine is a bullet-timer (note: I am DEFINITELY NOT DOING THAT), but since his preferred method for dealing with bullets is transforming himself into a bullet holder, he lacks anything like the feats it would take.
    Neither of Gambits bullet deflection feats were actually against bullets.

Venom DOES actually have bullet time feats, but it involves the symbiote blocking bullets by extending tendrils, not Venom moving his entire body.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Why he can't he just charge Rhino up into a huge bomb?

Did his powers change or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Why he can't he just charge Rhino up into a huge bomb?

Did his powers change or something?
    I had actually not considered that. I guess it depends: didn't the Rhino costume get bonded with the owner, and made somewhat organic at some time? I don't know if that's still the case or not.

Doc OC is a BT though. Well, I mean his tentacles can reflect automatic gun fire and react without him needing to. It's also kind of a thing that they can tag spider-man if he's put into a compromising position. Gambit definitely couldn't dodge any better. Real question there is range of the tentacles and Gambit's running speed.

My take?
    I think Gambit can only COMFORTABLY beat shocker and Gobby from those listed. Shocker has absolutely no speed feats. Goblin either, I think. Of course Goblin has the glider, which might be too much for Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Doc OC is a BT though. Well, I mean his tentacles can reflect automatic gun fire and react without him needing to. It's also kind of a thing that they can tag spider-man if he's put into a compromising position. Gambit definitely couldn't dodge any better. Real question there is range of the tentacles and Gambit's running speed.

My take?
    I think Gambit can only COMFORTABLY beat shocker and Gobby from those listed. Shocker has absolutely no speed feats. Goblin either, I think. Of course Goblin has the glider, which might be too much for Gambit.
    The thing with Ock, though, is that he has to cross the space. His tentacles are maybe 20 feet long at full extension. Gambit just has to chuck 10 or more cards, which are AoE, and even if they don't get through the tentacles, the explosions should do for Doc.

Eh, just loud noises won't do it. Symbiotes have fought just fine inside thunderstorms and didn't wig out. You need to have a specialized level off sound to drag the weakness into play.
    Thunderstorms aren't really anywhere near as loud as close range explosions of the size that Gambit can throw around, especially considering that Peter Parker drove the symbiote off of him in the first place by standing right next to church bells for an extended period of time.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 09-12-2017 at 04:53 PM.

But...

Wolverine probably defects bullets all the time, it's just that he's deflecting them with his skeletal system towards the squishier parts of himself.