Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Can't Gambit just charge up Rhino's suit?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Thunderstorms aren't really anywhere near as loud as close range explosions of the size that Gambit can throw around, especially considering that Peter Parker drove the symbiote off of him in the first place by standing right next to church bells for an extended period of time.
    To be fair, I've seen Venom walk off a bazooka hit, but it did actually drain him significantly.

The question is if Gambit can deliver a succession of hits that accumulate more damage than that before Venom closes in. And the answer is... Maybe? I mentioned the symbiote can intercept bullets, but I don't think the host can actually move their entire body at those speeds like Spider-Man. So it would probably come down to "can the symbiote spear Gambit with a tendril before the explosions rain down."

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Wolverine probably defects bullets all the time, it's just that he's deflecting them with his skeletal system towards the squishier parts of himself.
    We can call him a high end BDBA then - bullet deflecter / bullet absorber. Not sure it's super useful like, you know, actual speed, but you gotta work with the tools you have. Logan's hammer is healing, bullets are his nails?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Can't Gambit just charge up Rhino's suit?
    IIRC, the larger something it is, the more time it takes Gambit to charge it up. That's why he likes using playing cards, because they're pretty quick to use.

I'm also not sure if Gambit can, say, use his agility to keep tagging Rhino and charge it little by little with each strike. Otherwise, if Gambit needs to keep his hands on him to continue the charge, that tactic would mean Rhino would grind him up into paste before Gambit finishes the charge.
    "Until the lion learns to write, every story will glorify the hunter."
    --African proverb