Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,759

    Default The Defenders (MCU) in Hercules/Xena

    For the sake of completion, I'll add in their action support crew. Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Danny Rand, Daredevil, Stick, Colleen Wing, Misty Knight, and Claire Temple are all transported to ancient Greece, specifically during the adventures of Hercules and Xena. They have just their standard equipment (including firearms, but no more than standard ammo). Given this universe's cast of characters, villains, and locations, what do they do and how do they fare? Who can they beat, and who beats them? And if they remain trapped there, how do they live their lives?
    "Until the lion learns to write, every story will glorify the hunter."
    --African proverb

  2. #2
    Mad scientist Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    13,816

    Default

    You know what? That is really a very appropriate setting for them, powerlevelwise.

    Daredevil will absolutely hate every moment of it though.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member Old School Ollie 1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Tacoma, WA.
    Posts
    2,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    You know what? That is really a very appropriate setting for them, powerlevelwise.

    Daredevil will absolutely hate every moment of it though.
    It won't be a cake walk for Xena either.

  4. #4
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    2,213

    Default

    From what I remember of the Herc/Xena verse. the Defenders should do fine. Luke and Danny being the MVPs. Other then the gods, I really don't remember anything that could stop this team.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

  5. #5
    Mad scientist Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    13,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    From what I remember of the Herc/Xena verse. the Defenders should do fine. Luke and Danny being the MVPs. Other then the gods, I really don't remember anything that could stop this team.
    The gods aren't stopping that team either. The Xenaverse has some very weaksauce gods. Or some very powerful mortals. Probably the latter.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The gods aren't stopping that team either. The Xenaverse has some very weaksauce gods. Or some very powerful mortals. Probably the latter.
    I don't think that anyone fielded can keep the Gods from turning them into furniture, or teleporting them to the other side of the continent, or trapping them in a narrative for fun.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator The Watcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Danny's going to think of trying to look for K'un-Lun at some point. Sure it's a different universe but they don't know that for sure. Well, until they meet the Norse Gods of the universe that is. And even if they do realize that they're not in their own past, the fact that their are versions of other historical figures might make Danny think there's a version of K'un-Lun as well.

  8. #8
    Fantastic Member Morning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    384

    Default

    I feel the gods would be more interested in playing with them than fighting them outright, except for occasionally Ares. That bodes very well for the team. Cage especially will be basically unbeatable among mortals.

  9. #9
    Mad scientist Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    13,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morning View Post
    I feel the gods would be more interested in playing with them than fighting them outright, except for occasionally Ares. That bodes very well for the team. Cage especially will be basically unbeatable among mortals.
    Xena would take him down easily with pressure points.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Xena would take him down easily with pressure points.
    No, she wouldn't. She has zero feats of her pressure points working on someone of his durability. All she would be doing is breaking her fingers.

    There isn't anyone in Defenders(outside of maybe Jessica)that couldn't kick the hell out of her with relative ease.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.

  11. #11
    Mad scientist Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    13,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    No, she wouldn't. She has zero feats of her pressure points working on someone of his durability. All she would be doing is breaking her fingers.
    His skin is as soft and pliable as anybody else's.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

  12. #12
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    No, she wouldn't. She has zero feats of her pressure points working on someone of his durability. All she would be doing is breaking her fingers.

    There isn't anyone in Defenders(outside of maybe Jessica)that couldn't kick the hell out of her with relative ease.
    Xena would beat everyone on the Defenders except for Luke. Danny has a shot if he uses the IF properly. She is just too skilled, experienced and has superhuman feats. What with her routinely jumping up 10 feet into the air. If I cared to go back and look at the episodes, I'm sure I'll find tons of superhuman strength feats and speed.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Xena would beat everyone on the Defenders except for Luke. Danny has a shot if he uses the IF properly. She is just too skilled, experienced and has superhuman feats. What with her routinely jumping up 10 feet into the air. If I cared to go back and look at the episodes, I'm sure I'll find tons of superhuman strength feats and speed.
    I think even one episode should provide enough feats. Xena's armed with an almost type of toonforce sometimes (because some action scenes are filmed more for comedy than serious fighting), but by virtue of being the hero, very few in her show get that power, too. Even a few recurring villains like Ares who can match her step by step eventually lose because her feats can get more absurd than theirs, bridging any power gap in the process.

    Not to say that certain feats get disqualified, but rather that even her sillier feats are going to be likely counted because those feats skirt the line.
    "Until the lion learns to write, every story will glorify the hunter."
    --African proverb

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    His skin is as soft and pliable as anybody else's.
    He hasn't lost his powers in this, so no, no it isn't, and I don't know where you get this from.

    Name some, because I don't recall her performing at any level above their own outside of her jumping.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I think even one episode should provide enough feats. Xena's armed with an almost type of toonforce sometimes (because some action scenes are filmed more for comedy than serious fighting), but by virtue of being the hero, very few in her show get that power, too. Even a few recurring villains like Ares who can match her step by step eventually lose because her feats can get more absurd than theirs, bridging any power gap in the process.

    Not to say that certain feats get disqualified, but rather that even her sillier feats are going to be likely counted because those feats skirt the line.
    A depowered Ares beat the ever living shit out of her in their last fight because he was actually trying to beat her this time. And unless most of her recurring enemies have superhuman abilities beyond what the gods have showed, I don't understand where this is coming from.

    Best I see her at is around the same level as DD in terms of overall physical abilities and maybe skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.

  15. #15
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    12

    Default

    As far as Luke vs pressure points goes, Suwande, of the Hand was said to be able to stop someone's heart with well placed finger strikes. Yet when he tried his finger strikes on Luke he got nowhere.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •