Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom69 View Post
    As far as Luke vs pressure points goes, Suwande, of the Hand was said to be able to stop someone's heart with well placed finger strikes. Yet when he tried his finger strikes on Luke he got nowhere.
    Well not nowhere, just not exactly stopping his heart. Suwande was knocking him around seemed to be impairing him. But remember, Netflix Cage has a healing factor too getting things to stick to him is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    A depowered Ares beat the ever living shit out of her in their last fight because he was actually trying to beat her this time.
    This is what I mean. A decent chunk of her fights are based on comedy, like season 3 episode 1 where she's inflicted by the Furies' madness. When things get serious, sure, the fights are played straighter, but on sillier episodes where she can bounce just as well as movie Nightcrawler, or if she does a 30 second spin attack that keeps knocking soldiers down and none of them can figure out how to duck or tackle her, it's still in line with her normal showings.

A normally-powered Ares likes to toy with her or spar around, and she usually comes on top. When he gets to business and remembers he's a god, he's a genuinely terrifying threat. When he's too busy being snarky or flippant though, then the fights tend to go in Xena's favor because he's not that serious and thus the fights become more cartoonish.

And unless most of her recurring enemies have superhuman abilities beyond what the gods have showed, I don't understand where this is coming from.

Best I see her at is around the same level as DD in terms of overall physical abilities and maybe skill.
    Very much disagree with this assessment. For all of Daredevil's showings, he's never shown the balance necessary to use ladders as stilts, run up walls, to fling himself up like a yo-yo on a tapestry, flick a weapon with multiple bounces like Cap does with his shield (in this case, her chakram), run *up* walls, or generate enough momentum to execute a sustained bicycle kick Liu Kang-style. She was doing wirework on American TV before the Matrix made it cool for western audiences. As stylized as Herc/Xena fights tend to be, it really emphasizes a very superhuman set of abilities.

*maybe* comic Daredevil can hold his own for a little bit, and that's a big maybe, but MCU Daredevil is sorely behind on this one.

Last edited by Cyke; 09-12-2017 at 02:26 PM.
    "Until the lion learns to write, every story will glorify the hunter."
    --African proverb

He hasn't lost his powers in this, so no, no it isn't, and I don't know where you get this from.
    He has had sex with people who did not notice anything out of the ordinairy about how his skin feels. Including Jessica Jones the first time.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

Quote Originally Posted by Doom69 View Post
    As far as Luke vs pressure points goes, Suwande, of the Hand was said to be able to stop someone's heart with well placed finger strikes. Yet when he tried his finger strikes on Luke he got nowhere.
    Did we even see him try that?
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    This is what I mean. A decent chunk of her fights are based on comedy, like season 3 episode 1 where she's inflicted by the Furies' madness. When things get serious, sure, the fights are played straighter, but on sillier episodes where she can bounce just as well as movie Nightcrawler, or if she does a 30 second spin attack that keeps knocking soldiers down and none of them can figure out how to duck or tackle her, it's still in line with her normal showings.

A normally-powered Ares likes to toy with her or spar around, and she usually comes on top. When he gets to business and remembers he's a god, he's a genuinely terrifying threat. When he's too busy being snarky or flippant though, then the fights tend to go in Xena's favor because he's not that serious and thus the fights become more cartoonish.

Very much disagree with this assessment. For all of Daredevil's showings, he's never shown the balance necessary to use ladders as stilts, run up walls, to fling himself up like a yo-yo on a tapestry, flick a weapon with multiple bounces like Cap does with his shield (in this case, her chakram), run *up* walls, or generate enough momentum to execute a sustained bicycle kick Liu Kang-style. She was doing wirework on American TV before the Matrix made it cool for western audiences. As stylized as Herc/Xena fights tend to be, it really emphasizes a very superhuman set of abilities.

*maybe* comic Daredevil can hold his own for a little bit, and that's a big maybe, but MCU Daredevil is sorely behind on this one.

This is all a fair point, except for comic DD "maybe" beating her. She is no bullet timer like he is, nor does she have precog, nor can she use a barbell with weights on it as a makeshift staff. She is good, but DD is a Ringer, she isn't there yet.

Best we can say atm, from what you have said and shown, is that she is a CBPH. And therefore, beats everyone except for Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    He has had sex with people who did not notice anything out of the ordinairy about how his skin feels. Including Jessica Jones the first time.
    Literally has nothing to do with pressure points.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.

Fantastic Member AdvanceBushido's Avatar

Alti is probably one of the dangerous foe' s here. They all need to physically touch her to defeat her most of time. She needs exactly that to mentally destroy them with every pain they have felt.
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The gods aren't stopping that team either. The Xenaverse has some very weaksauce gods. Or some very powerful mortals. Probably the latter.
    Ares, not holding back, has some serious reality warping and dimension dumping powers. Even Discord was firing multiple energy blasts per second .So at high end, even the weaksauce gods are way above the Defenders. But with the restrictions Zeus has on them about killing mortals, the Defenders do okay. Keep in mind that Hercules and Ares fight and knock each other the length if villages.
    The Four Levels of Competence
    Unconscious incompetence - where one is not aware one stinks and has zero skill.
    Conscious incompetence - where one has trained enough to finally figured out one stinks and has zero skill.
    Conscious competence - where one has skill, but needs to concentrate and think about everything as one is doing it.
    Unconscious competence - where one has hardwired stuff in enough that one doesn't actually think about what one is doing, but just does it.
    -SharpandPointies

He hasn't lost his powers in this, so no, no it isn't, and I don't know where you get this from.

Name some, because I don't recall her performing at any level above their own outside of her jumping.

A depowered Ares beat the ever living shit out of her in their last fight because he was actually trying to beat her this time. And unless most of her recurring enemies have superhuman abilities beyond what the gods have showed, I don't understand where this is coming from.

Best I see her at is around the same level as DD in terms of overall physical abilities and maybe skill.
    Um, what? A empowered Ares was getting his butt kicked by common warlords and absolutely helpless against Xena.

Edit I meant depowered not empowered.
    Last edited by Powerboy; 09-13-2017 at 12:49 PM.
    Unconscious incompetence - where one is not aware one stinks and has zero skill.
    Conscious incompetence - where one has trained enough to finally figured out one stinks and has zero skill.
    Conscious competence - where one has skill, but needs to concentrate and think about everything as one is doing it.
    Unconscious competence - where one has hardwired stuff in enough that one doesn't actually think about what one is doing, but just does it.
    -SharpandPointies

This is all a fair point, except for comic DD "maybe" beating her. She is no bullet timer like he is, nor does she have precog, nor can she use a barbell with weights on it as a makeshift staff. She is good, but DD is a Ringer, she isn't there yet.

Best we can say atm, from what you have said and shown, is that she is a CBPH. And therefore, beats everyone except for Luke.

Literally has nothing to do with pressure points.
    Gotta disagree on the last point. She has strength feats far greater than swinging a barbell on a staff.
    -SharpandPointies

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Xena has crazy feats, and its implied she is a bullet timer when she faces police and disarms them in Send in the Clones.

But the only Defender she would struggle with is Cage and I wouldn't be surprised if the god metal the chakram is made from can do damage to him. The chakram has crazy feats in terms of what I can slice through like it were made of butter, including metals forced by the olympian gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Xena has crazy feats, and its implied she is a bullet timer when she faces police and disarms them in Send in the Clones.

But the only Defender she would struggle with is Cage and I wouldn't be surprised if the god metal the chakram is made from can do damage to him. The chakram has crazy feats in terms of what I can slice through like it were made of butter, including metals forced by the olympian gods.
    That's true when a guy with a submachine gun confronts her and, next week see, she's walking along with.the gun and saying she wasn't impressed and Gabrielle saying they saw what the weapon could do.

Not sure on the chakram. It cut through a lot but I.don't think it equals that rocket launcher.
    -SharpandPointies

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    That's true when a guy with a submachine gun confronts her and, next week see, she's walking along with.the gun and saying she wasn't impressed and Gabrielle saying they saw what the weapon could do.

Not sure on the chakram. It cut through a lot but I.don't think it equals that rocket launcher.
    Rocket launcher didn't cut Luke, only thing that has was those judas bullets which burrow. The chakram has feats of basically buzzsawing stuff and going through solid brick, wood, steel and god knows what else. So it feels like a maybe.