Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #14 preview

https://www.newsarama.com/36313-batm...4-preview.html

Surprise appearance of the 'Tec team (including Spoiler, but not Luke or JPV)!
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

WOW.. I never expected this... But first I should read the solicitation...

It's so weird seeing Barbara act like Oracle again .

Also weird to see Batman use her real name in the field. I know he's just around the 'Tec team, but for all he knows Riddler was listening in.

It's nice to see Helena as a normal teacher doing normal teacher stuff .

I dig the double duties.

Digging the art and writing.

Getting some major All Star Batgirl vibes from Babs in the ponytail and yellow.

Sooooo, Birds of Prey is set in between Rise of the Batmen and Victim Syndicate. Got it.

Also, this is legitimately the closest we've seen to RealBabs in years. Even if she does look the same age as Cass and Steph.

Doesn't make her any less FakeBabs though.

Love Helena just being a teacher, and still hate Babs being both Batgirl and Oracle. Seriously, f** k that.
    Last edited by Assam; 09-11-2017 at 10:07 AM.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

Please refer to me with gender neutral pronouns.

I like it when different Batfamily teams and people interact it makes more sense to me

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Sooooo, Birds of Prey is set in between Rise of the Batmen and Victim Syndicate. Got it.
    I'm puzzled by this. Because on one hand, it seems weird to have that be true since those stories wrapped about a year ago, but I also don't know of anything to contradict the possibility.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I'm puzzled by this. Because on one hand, it seems weird to have that be true since those stories wrapped about a year ago, but I also don't know of anything to contradict the possibility.
    Just a few issues ago they were referencing the proposal with Catwoman.

maybe its set after the next detective issue? and steph will region the team or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    maybe its set after the next detective issue? and steph will region the team or something?
    But then where are Batwing and Azrael?

Off doing something else ?

Not to be cheeky, but it's believable that Batman would possibly assign them to do something else while the core team is out stopping Riddler.

Luke probably would've solved the situation without Babs' help as well.

On a date?
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

Please refer to me with gender neutral pronouns.

On a date?
    Now I'm just imagining Luke trying to get Jean-Paul a date .

On a date?
    Heh.

I'm noticing other weird stuff. The room they're in looks suspiciously like the Mud Room... which might explain why they're all active during the day? Maybe? But if that's true, it just raises more questions.