Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now I'm just imagining Luke trying to get Jean-Paul a date .
    Not exactly what I was thinking, but I actually think JPV would make a good boyfriend, at least when he's stable. Dude's a sweetie.

dude.jpg

is a sweetie.jpg

Back in his solo series, I was hoping he'd win over Babs. Though I was still satisfied with how that subplot was resolved, especially now that I can relate to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post

I'm noticing other weird stuff. The room they're in looks suspiciously like the Mud Room... which might explain why they're all active during the day? Maybe? But if that's true, it just raises more questions.
    You're right, this IS day time! And they're active!

THIS IS BLASPHEMY! Everyone knows that only Batman's closest ally, The Signal, is capable of handling the far more dangerous daytime of Gotham.
    Last edited by Assam; 09-11-2017 at 11:14 AM.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

Please refer to me with gender neutral pronouns.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Not exactly what I was thinking, but I actually think JPV would make a good boyfriend, at least when he's stable. Dude's a sweetie.

dude.jpg

is a sweetie.jpg

Back in his solo series, I was hoping he'd win over Babs. Though I was still satisfied with how that subplot was resolved, especially now that I can relate to it.
    I know what you meant .

Another complication is that Steph has her full mask, which she didn't get until the end of TVS.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Another complication is that Steph has her full mask, which she didn't get until the end of TVS.
    Maybe the Bensons don't follow 'Tec and just assumed what the team was, with their only knowledge being the often brought up "TIM IS GONE", and NO ONE in the creative process pointed out the error. It sounds unlikely but hey, this IS DC.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

Please refer to me with gender neutral pronouns.

Maybe the Bensons don't follow 'Tec and just assumed what the team was, with their only knowledge being the often brought up "TIM IS GONE", and NO ONE in the creative process pointed out the error. It sounds unlikely but hey, this IS DC.
    I dunno, because they know that Steph is rocky with the rest of them now based on interviews.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

I mean, that's possible, but the Bensons usually seem pretty up on continuity.

Maybe Steph was also looking for Riddler, and just ended up in the same trap or just reluctantly worked with Batman and his team to help get the job done.

Azreal and Batwing could easily be explained not being their. I assume Barbara would have told Bruce Canary and Huntrees are out of town so keeping some people back for other crimes or emergencies is probably smart

But then where are Batwing and Azrael?
    Isn't this the arc where all the men of Gotham are struck by a mystery illness?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

But then where are Batwing and Azrael?
    Azrael is probably still healing - he was in a wheelchair last we saw - and Batwing always has tons of stuff to do - playing catch with Rookie, giving Rookie a cool new paint job, hanging with Tam and Tiffany and his folks...

Oh, wait, that's just my daydreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Maybe Steph was also looking for Riddler, and just ended up in the same trap or just reluctantly worked with Batman and his team to help get the job done.

Azreal and Batwing could easily be explained not being their. I assume Barbara would have told Bruce Canary and Huntrees are out of town so keeping some people back for other crimes or emergencies is probably smart
    I will say that though the Bensons are pretty solid on continuity, as previously mentioned, their editorial seems to not be very careful - they've consistently let word balloon misplacement/misattribution and coloring errors confusing Babs and Dinah slip through.

I like the idea that Steph and the team stumbled onto the same problem. Hopefully this week's Tec leaves them in a place where she's more ready to work with Batman and her friends.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Azrael is probably still healing - he was in a wheelchair last we saw - and Batwing always has tons of stuff to do - playing catch with Rookie, giving Rookie a cool new paint job, hanging with Tam and Tiffany and his folks...
    I was thinking about it last night and basically got this same thing.

Mighty Member

Well this issue was a whole lot of nothing. Did they mention Helena going to teach before, cause I honestly can't recall if they did. Also, her skin tone coloring was all over the place. Overall this book seems to content to stay mediocre and continues to sell poorly. At least the art was okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Well this issue was a whole lot of nothing. Did they mention Helena going to teach before, cause I honestly can't recall if they did. Also, her skin tone coloring was all over the place. Overall this book seems to content to stay mediocre and continues to sell poorly. At least the art was okay.
    Yes, they've been seeding references to Helena teaching for the past 6 issues (after the first arc). I was disappointed that we didn't see more of Helena actually teaching and forming relationships to her students. It was nice seeing her drag Black Canary into her world, but it felt so inconsequential.

I do feel quite sad that the book hasn't gotten significantly better - I thought it was fun - dumb fun, but fun - in the beginning, and still enjoy it on a very superficial level, but this was one of my first comics loves, and seeing it be so shallow makes me sad.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Yes, they've been seeding references to Helena teaching for the past 6 issues (after the first arc). I was disappointed that we didn't see more of Helena actually teaching and forming relationships to her students. It was nice seeing her drag Black Canary into her world, but it felt so inconsequential.

I do feel quite sad that the book hasn't gotten significantly better - I thought it was fun - dumb fun, but fun - in the beginning, and still enjoy it on a very superficial level, but this was one of my first comics loves, and seeing it be so shallow makes me sad.
    I feel silly for not remembering that, but I guess its like you said. I actually was expecting them to show her teaching or something. I was literally waiting on them showing her first day, especially after moving from teaching at as a spy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I feel silly for not remembering that, but I guess its like you said. I actually was expecting them to show her teaching or something. I was literally waiting on them showing her first day, especially after moving from teaching at as a spy.
    I'm just glad we got Helena being pretty cool in Nightwing. I hope that she gets some good stuff to do as a leader of all the young vigilantes in the upcoming Manslaughter arc.

So I guess Batman never fought Deacon Blackfire before...? But didn't the Eternals confirm he did ?

Catwoman and Ivy coming into assist Batgirl like this just felt so weird. Just the whole dynamic and having them be on the team like this just feels off to me.

I know there was a lot of them but a thug getting the drop on Selina and smashing her goggles? Poor form Catwoman .

The art was okay.