Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Your most favortive moments in Wonder Woman

Much like my other post, it can be outside the comics also.

Marston creating Wonder Woman and Her first movie are the two I can two of right now.
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

https://www.change.org/p/comic-fans-...part-2-back-on

Wonder-Family counts for these right? Because if so my favorites are:

-The creation of Donna Troy, Cassie Sandsmark and Deilan Peng.

-Basically ALL of Cassie's appearances between her debut and the end of Young Justice (since which she's never been written well again sadly), in which we see her go on a great journey from a mischievous Wonder Woman fangirl to the leader of an entire generation of heroes. Of particular note are her first appearance, making a strong first impression, her big speech to the world, her leading the invasion of Zandia, the election issue of Young Justice, and basically any scene where she was interacting with her friends or mom.

- Titans Vol 1

- The Roy/Donna romance (ONLY when both are properly written)

- New Super-Man (The best book DC has put out this decade.)

- Any time The Trinity were depicted as they should be on JLU: As best friends.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

Please refer to me with gender neutral pronouns.

Amazing Member

Wow, so many to choose from. Artemis death scene, Artemis in the hospital and her tender moment with Diana, Diana's bar brawl in the biker outfit, Hippolytas first appearance as Wonder Woman, Diana's return to her original costume design as goddess of truth, Diana Hippolyta and Donna getting an apartment together, Hippolytas Death, Donnas surprise debut as Wonder Woman and The return of the Wonder Spin, the epic all female annual by heinberg, the lasso revealing captain nazis history of abuse, Diana in her sword and sorcery costume, on the throne with the JLA men kneeling and the heads of her enemies on pikes, Diana bringing Tom tresser home, the fight on themyscira with the circle, Diana's appearance with Artemis in secret six, the sacrifice fight, Diana's first appearance in new 53 justice league kicking butt and taking names, stabbing darkseid in the eye, Diana kicking moons butt and displaying her God powers, Diana walking in water, Diana pulling swords out of her cuffs, the entire legend of Wonder Woman story. That's all off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Bound4olympus View Post
    Diana's appearance with Artemis in secret six
    Forgot about this! Consider it on my list as well.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

Please refer to me with gender neutral pronouns.

Astonishing Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

- Diana shooting Hades with the love guns
    - Not really a "moment," but Etta Candy as depicted by Morrison and DeLiz
    - Barbara Minerva's creepy origin stories, as told by Perez and the more tragic one by Rucka
    - Wonder Woman vs. Medusa
    - All the friendship moments between Diana, Hera and Zola
    - The reformation of Paula von Gunther
    - Diana and Steve having a romantic evening at the end of the last run
    - The silent last page at the end of NTT #16 between Donna and Kory
    - Barbara getting the powers of the Furies to go kick Sebastian Ballesteros's ass.
    - Hippolyta visiting Donna's wedding. Too bad she was marrying Terry
    - EVERYTHING Diana related in BvS
    - Pre-Crisis Wonder Woman using her warrior training and the magic lasso to subdue a Bronze Age Kryptonian, Nam-Ek. Kryptonians are never jokes, but pre-Crisis they were off the scale, and Diana still came out on top. Makes me wish Steve Gerber had an extended run with her.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 09-11-2017 at 07:18 PM.

I'm upset with Zola gone. I mean she became her own person. I wonder if she was rebirth what should she be doing.
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

https://www.change.org/p/comic-fans-...part-2-back-on

Mighty Member

My absolute favorite moments are from the movie - more specifically, many of the reactions to the movie. Seeing and reading about all the joy and inspiration so many people felt. Especially the kids.

"I only cried once when I overheard a little girl within earshot in my row say, “It’s me!” during the very first shot of the movie when we see a young Diana Prince. I felt tears streaming down my face because I was so happy for her, and wished I had this movie when I was her age."
    http://www.businessinsider.com/women...end-credits-11

What Kindergartners Think of WONDER WOMAN:
    https://www.newsarama.com/34864-what...der-woman.html

Gal Gadot comforts young Wonder Woman fan at Comic Con 2017
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr-XZiaEDuY

Some other moments from the stories that really stood out for me:

The Hiketeia - when Diana takes Danielle into her home and gives her sanctuary.

A League of One - when Diana is seen wrapping herself in the lasso.

The animated dvd - when Diana teaches a young girl how to sword fight so she can play with the boys.

And, of course, any and all of the beautiful moments between Hippolyta and her daughter.

Diana blinding herself to defeat Medusa.

Killing Max to free Superman and then standing trial for her actions (though turning Max into a villain wasn't a good idea)

Diana offering her hand to an angry Green Lantern

Tossing away the Lasso when it is hurting an Ares corrupted Donna

Punching out Zeus in Simone's run

A piece of her soul "corrupting" Darkseid

All of The Hiketeia

Turning into a Star Sapphire in Blackest Night

that alt-costume... sooo pretty....

Amazing Member

It makes me sad/annoyed to see this thread just kind of fizzle out. There are people on this board who jump at the chance to repeat their hatred of particular instances over and over and over and over in every thread and they can't even be bothered to share what moments they love? that blows.

Astonishing Member

It's just a thread on CBR. :P

The JLU show verse- Diana and most of her interactions, I've always loved one off the cuff interaction early on in JL.
    "You'd have to beat men away with this perfume."
    "I don't need the perfume for that."

Diana clearly being treated as not only important but nigh unstoppable by her other Leaguers.

Vixen, Black Canary and I beleive Huntress battling a mind controlled Diana.

"Anyone have a plan?" *Clearly horrified that they're so outclassed*
    "Yeah. Try not to die."

Bombshells Diana being THE big good essentially.

Elseworlds Finest Supergirl and Batgirl having Diana similarly be a major player in universe and even something of a parental figure to that universe's Kara.

In the main universe canon(s) it becomes a bit more tricky for me

Diana becoming the Goddess of Truth.
    Diana fighting Green Lantern and Superman at essentially the same time barely worse for wear in the New 52.
    Diana just overjoyed to battle when Darkseid invades in the opening New 52 JL arc.
    Diana defeating Genocide who was a walking antithesis to her on every level, even emotional.
    Diana even inspiring boys in universe like the fairly well known Bobby Barnes/ "Wonderboy". I put quotes simply because he wasn't really used again.
    Diana in Rucka's run shattering of a false reality narrative enough to realize she has to investigate it in Rucka's Rebirth run, all through sheer force of will.

This is a easy question to answer for me.............
    Read and loved comics and of them Super Heroes were my favorite
    and of them Batman and Hulk and few other ruled.
    Wonder Woman was just a character that I never really noticed much in
    comics or else where until.................
    One evening I happened to walk into my living room and saw there
    was a new show on television (naturally I had to at least watch the beginning)
    I am pretty sure I missed the beginning but not the part where Lynda Carter first
    appears in Washington D C in her Wonder Woman costume chasing down some
    bad guys and than she smiles I was under 14 and Lynda Carter is dressed as
    Wonder Woman smiling at me in my living room............
    Every week I had to watch this beautiful woman chasing bad people in a costume and
    always looking into the camera and smiling ...... seeing (for me ) the most beautiful
    woman I ever seen on television smiling back at me (us the viewers) and for it to
    happen week to week, quickly became a television crush and it was during these
    weeks and than few years that Wonder Woman became my favorite character
    Decades of comic book reading followed and with it a deeper love on fondness
    for Wonder Woman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    And, of course, any and all of the beautiful moments between Hippolyta and her daughter.
    Some of my favorites:

Brace Yourself (Sensation Comics #2) - Young Princess Diana learns that in order to earn her second Amazon bracelet, she must defeat the queen, her mother. So we get to see several scenes of her attempts to ambush mom. And mom thwarting her each time. Until the contest, when Diana finally bests her mother, and mom couldn't be more proud, hugs her in triumph. I love this story; it's my most reread of WW.

Year One - I love when Diana turns down an invitation to practice archery with the queen, but, would love to do so with her mother. "Queen" "Princess" "Mother" "Daughter." Nicola Scoot did such a wonderful job throughout.

The opening scene of the movie - I love watching young Diana skip school to watch her aunts train. And when she leaps from the ledge, it is mom who catches her. "You have been my greatest love."

Legends of WW - it's small, but I love seeing Hippolyta comb Diana's hair.

Earth One - Hippolyta is regal and gorgeous. And totally bad### as she breaks her chains, chokes out Herc, and leads the Amazons out of slavery.

The aftermath of Hippolyta's death - the one scene Jimenez really nailed is when Diana is praying to see her mother again and gets so frustrated that none of the gods are listening. And the wonderful beauty when Hippolyta does appear a couple issues later.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Vixen, Black Canary and I beleive Huntress battling a mind controlled Diana.

"Anyone have a plan?" *Clearly horrified that they're so outclassed*
    "Yeah. Try not to die."
    Don't forget Hawkgirl, too - Diana takes on all four of them. JL/JLU really helped get me into WW, and that's my favorite episode.

Similarly, Simone did a great job with the Black Canary team-up when Dinah gives Diana a makeover. We need more stories like that.

I loved her in the Justice League and then in Unlimited. There are so many moments to reduce into a few. One may say she stole every scene she was in.

- her fight with Superman. Both were hallucinating that the other was a monster.
    -when she went to meet Steve Trevor after so many years
    -her interactions with Batman
    -when Bat,GL,WW travelled to the Old West. Riding a horse dressed in cowboy costume. Next she broke the bars of a jail and this guy said she's a strong gal
    -the episode when she turned into a pig. Don't judge me. When she uses her bracelets to stop bullets it was awesome. And she was adorable.

The JL/JLU is full of wonderful scenes. I fell in love with her. I love Gal Gadot but for me Wonder Woman will always be the one from that series.

The whole scene fighting with Doomsday in BvS.

Next from the movie.

-No man's land
    -learning to dance with Steve
    -ice-cream, baby, in street clothes. I simply loose count.
    -Superman reference. Fights goons in back alley.
    -raising voice against the generals
    -Steve and Diana fighting side by side(i know its cheating)
    -recruiting the members at the pub
    -breaking that Church with the sniper (cheating again, but seriously mind blown!)
    -when she says who will sing for us (Excuse me, there is something in my eye... Why can't Superman be like this! )

Oh my God let others have something to speak about the movie.

As one can guess i went into the comics after the movie. I started from Rebirth and i am loving it. Four moments in particular:

- when she says she will keep an eye on Veronica Cale. ( I was angry to see her in that costume. I am not a teenager anymore. But when it was revealed that she knew from the start i loved the issue. Superman TAS reference).
    -her first meeting with Superman and Batman.
    -defeating the sons of Ares. Love defeats War.
    -the perfect ending to Rucka's run 'Perfect'. She was finally at home.

Why are there so few posts in this thread? I have hardly read any comics. The ones i have said are from the movie, the JLU(seen a long time ago) and Rebirth era. I am sure there are a lot of things to love.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 09-15-2017 at 08:00 AM.